AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2018-06-21, 07:29   Link #3221
4th Dimension

Basically the manga focused on pretty much everybody except on Vivio, but then remembered in the last sprint to the end that it's supposed to be battle/sports manga about Vivio and rushed all "development" so she'll be SOMEHOW able to fight Nanoha of all people.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-21, 17:48   Link #3222
B214

Wait till she overcomes both her mamas. >__>
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-22, 11:19   Link #3223
4th Dimension

It won't be long before bunching of SLBs SOMEHOW happens...

Old 2019-04-13, 12:09   Link #3224
4th Dimension

*sarcasm*
YAY. As expected of Vivio she is able to completely tank Breaker II SLB, because as she has shown us time and time again (like that time even Sieg couldn't do much against her) how great she is at fighting. And this started right at the start, and wasn't a rush job over the last 20ish chapters in order to justify this MASSIVE PILE OF TURDS that just got served to us.

Old 2019-04-13, 13:14   Link #3225
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I could easily have bought that if they hadn't gone out of their way to say Vivio has little magic and is generally fragile. If instead they'd pushed the "she's the Sankt Kaiser" angle, complete with various MC special abilities, sure, why wouldn't she be able to tank an SLB?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-13, 15:53   Link #3226
4th Dimension

I mean, I'd still probably pitch a fit, since even in the Cradle she couldn't take an SLB, and the thing is such a staple of the show and also it makes sense why it's OP. But yes, IF they'd gone from the start with her being strong and especially with her being a TANK.

But no, they cocked about for like 70 chapters about how big an underdog she is, and then wanted her to believable be able to take on Nanoha after couple dozen TRAINING chapters where everyone was just fluffing her up.

Old 2019-04-14, 04:40   Link #3227
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
I mean, I'd still probably pitch a fit, since even in the Cradle she couldn't take an SLB, and the thing is such a staple of the show and also it makes sense why it's OP. But yes, IF they'd gone from the start with her being strong and especially with her being a TANK.
Yeah, but that could have been explained by training and maybe by saying all that happened in the Cradle was that it broke the control the Cradle had on her rather than KOing her.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-14, 06:30   Link #3228
4th Dimension

Well, the later is TECHNICALLY true since Nanoha nuked the Relic IN her. BUT that's the same as saying someone didn't defeat some battleship, they just exploded a shell in their engine room. If the later has happened it could have only happened if the defences have failed since it's within the citadel. Same here, it would be extreemely unlikely that the Relic, being so key to turning the King into the protector of the Cradle, would be less protected than the King.

Then again this is MT, and he hasn't cared about what was earlier said or logic ever since StrikerS or probably A's.

Old 2020-06-04, 00:12   Link #3229
Alchemist007
*Author

I'm in middle of the anime Vivid Strike right now but decided to fall into the wiki rabbit hole just to see how much more the franchise has, seems like a lot of hiatuses and even more branching ideas which I figured would be the case since how things have gone since post A's.

It's somewhat strange because I didn't explicitly dislike anything I watched, but then things sort of just seem to stop and other ideas just never seem to flesh out enough, only end suddenly.

Last edited by Alchemist007; 2020-06-04 at 00:23.
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-05, 20:16   Link #3230
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Finished it at last (took me like 12 yers since I started reading it, but it was just on hold for pretty long). There were some awkward chapters but I liked it overall in general. I don't think Vivios progression was rushed. The parts they rushed were tournament final parts (they only showed 2 Miura's matches, what the heck) and the whole Einherd U15 plot at the end.

But I still liked it. The action was great, the SoL parts were cute. And it was nice to se some flashback from Old Belka times. Also, they tied it up to Vivid Strike pretty nicely (I mean the whole thing with Nakajima Gym, Vivios new fighting style and Einhard champion status). So I am satisfied. I'm even thinking to on-hold the Force manga, but I doubt it will ever be put out of hiatus, so it may be better to wait for a rumored new Nanoha project or read the Innosence.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vivid