AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-01-14, 21:21   Link #81
Malicre

002 has that rape face at the end when she says "found you darling" i was like woah lol......
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-14, 21:58   Link #82
AB079
Banned

Here is something that was posted on another place.

Spoiler for --:
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-14, 22:27   Link #83
Twi

Looking at it, it really does look like a mix between Godannar and Star Driver. You've got the partner system, the suggestive poses and nudity, the transforming mech, and the art-style. On the one hand, those are two of my favorite mech series outside of Gundam (I'd add Valvrave, but the ending killed it for me).
Old 2018-01-14, 22:53   Link #84
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Looking at it, it really does look like a mix between Godannar and Star Driver. You've got the partner system, the suggestive poses and nudity, the transforming mech, and the art-style. On the one hand, those are two of my favorite mech series outside of Gundam (I'd add Valvrave, but the ending killed it for me).
Man, how I wish this series can start as over the top as Godannar. That anime started right off the bat with the wedding of the MCs which then disrupted by the invaders attack and then the bride & groom went off to fight them with giant robots. That opening act was so ridiculous it actually works!
Old 2018-01-14, 23:18   Link #85
Twi

The over-the-topness even factored into the main plot. It was glorious.
Old 2018-01-14, 23:26   Link #86
SeaDoor

^Agree. This will be entertaining if the don't shy away from being OTT. Kind of gives me a vague memory of an older outlandish mecha series. Don't remember the name of it but it's main mecha was called something like the Galactic Pretty Boy.
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-14, 23:29   Link #87
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoor View Post
^Agree. This will be entertaining if the don't shy away from being OTT. Kind of gives me a vague memory of an older outlandish mecha series. Don't remember the name of it but it's main mecha was called something like the Galactic Pretty Boy.
The anime was Star Driver.
Old 2018-01-15, 02:14   Link #88
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
This was pretty fun. I'll keep on watching .
Old 2018-01-15, 02:25   Link #89
ArrowSmith

Didn't like the character designs or the combat. Dropped.
ArrowSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-15, 10:38   Link #90
CalicoCat
Scribe

I liked. I mean, fully accepting of all the comments about reuse of well-worn tropes, but there was something in the overall feel that resonated with me. Something in the opening scenes, perhaps, or the way that what could be the Jian actually resolves into the transport coming through the clouds. And that score! Particularly the theme that plays during the opening and when Strelizia transforms...

In terms of the design, I’ll admit to not knowing a bunch of the series that people have referenced, but would I be too much of an old-timer to say that the first thing that came to mind when I saw Strelizia was Five Star Stories? With that head-gear, surely she’s the Knight of Gold’s (Mk. I) moe little sister?
Old 2018-01-15, 11:29   Link #91
Trung-t-rung

Never really like Trigger shows but the first ep was decent, grasped me better than Gurren Lagann's 1st one.

Interestingly enough, Hiro has a lot of room to grow but I like the set up for him. Used to be a leader(implied to have give all the kids their names) but lose his confidence after failing the test with his initial partner(arguably metaphor for failed arranged marriage?)

There are also a lot of fucked-up implications in the episodes. Such as the children having no names, being recruited from orphanages and disposed off if not useful and seemingly having no knowledge of normal behaviors(Hiro having no idea of what a kiss is). Not to mention possible human experiments regarding 02 having klaxosaur's blood.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-15, 12:34   Link #92
Twi

Yeah, the implications weren't lost on me, but its supposedly an post-apo. world, so I kind of considered it normative of the setting seeing as they weren't tripping over it so much. Kind of like Made in Abyss, only with less chibi-looking characters.

We'll see if the suffering is on par later.
Old 2018-01-15, 13:51   Link #93
CalicoCat
Scribe

Hahahaha... I'm such a dunce. Apologies if everyone else has spotted this, but I'll spoiler it, just in case.
Spoiler for For names:
Old 2018-01-15, 14:48   Link #94
nfsac

The episode will air on AT-X on the 16th (tomorrow) I wonder if they will show it uncensored?
nfsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-15, 21:34   Link #95
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
The anime was Star Driver.
I just did some looking around. The Show's Designer (Shigeto Koyama) is the same as the mech designer from Star Driver, Gurren, Eureka Seven, and Eureka Seven AO, among others.
Old 2018-01-16, 10:49   Link #96
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
I just did some looking around. The Show's Designer (Shigeto Koyama) is the same as the mech designer from Star Driver, Gurren, Eureka Seven, and Eureka Seven AO, among others.
Figures i knew i recognized that style. The min it transformed Star Driver started flooding right back into my head.
Old 2018-01-16, 10:51   Link #97
nfsac

This series gonna produce so many Femdom doujin... Zero-Two is a natural predator
nfsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-16, 12:29   Link #98
IceHism

I just see zero two and the only thing that comes to my mind is medb in her warden costume from fgo.

Beginning is w/e. I was entertained by the end and the romance though. If only the mc stripped and swam with her and it would have saved the pool scene. It'll be fun at least even if this show had no originality.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-17, 06:00   Link #99
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Giving this the 3 ep rule. I love trigger, but this isn't written by trigger. I need to see if all the seriousness can work for me even though I dropped Kiznavier after a few eps... Still, I want this to work out, it seemed solid. I want the main plot to kick in before judging it since it seems interesting. Glad to hear this has 24 eps to get better.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-17, 12:50   Link #100
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

so are there any joke fan arts involving the comparisons between the designs of Tauburn VS Strelizia being made?
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote