AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-10-09, 00:25   Link #1661
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lie View Post
That's not ambiguous, that implies he's dead. In that context it is a final good night.
We've got a lot of implication Lie, that's the whole point, there are a lot of implications in general to the whole scenario. Make of it what you will and I shall do the same
Old 2008-10-09, 00:29   Link #1662
Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Yep. But keep in mind that maybe they will confirm his death

Anyway, I'm going to sleep a bit, and don't forget, don't waste your time, just put the troll on ignore list if the romance/lelouch-death trolling begins again
If they wanted to confirm his death they would have done so in the episode. They can't do that so I don't think we will read any such confirmation. Maybe Okouchi will hint at something but I doubt they will come and say he is dead. But we'll see I guess...

Yes
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 00:31   Link #1663
Lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
We've got a lot of implication Lie, that's the whole point, there are a lot of implications in general to the whole scenario. Make of it what you will and I shall do the same
Sigh. Did you read the caption? I'm not saying it is canon or actually evidence to anything, but that quote is about death. Read it, line by line, it is a massive metaphor about death.

-Come your journey is over. (End of a long struggle)
-You are released from this world. (Death)
-That's why...
-You can rest in me at ease. (Sleep)
-Because dreams continue for eternity. (Death is eternal sleep)
-Good night, Lelouch. (Sleep -> Death)

End of a long struggle, and eternal rest? That's death.

Care to show me where 'living' is brought into this?

Quote:
Anyway, I'm going to sleep a bit, and don't forget, don't waste your time, just put the troll on ignore list if the romance/lelouch-death trolling begins again
I'm almost certain that if you read the rules to the forum, you'd realize that accusing people of being trolls is actually not allowed, or more insulting people is not allowed. Though you can continue to insult me if you wish. Thanks.
Lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 00:31   Link #1664
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Because a message that CLEARLY implies that Lelouch is dead actually means he's alive.
Don't take it the wrong way. She just joined the Lelouch is Alive club, only for this to come out and imply she's bit it. Which is a low blow... she just could've worded it better.
Old 2008-10-09, 00:34   Link #1665
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Don't take it the wrong way. He just joined the Lelouch is Alive club, only for this to come out and imply he's bit it. Which is a low blow... he just could've worded it better.
Skellington is a she ^^

And yeah, that's what she meant XD
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 00:36   Link #1666
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Skellington is a she ^^

And yeah, that's what she meant XD
Oh, how I wish there was some option to let us know what gender everyone is. >__>
Old 2008-10-09, 00:39   Link #1667
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Oh, how I wish there was some option to let us know what gender everyone is. >__>
I used to use my real first name as part of my user name (Kris), but everyone always thought I was a girl so I dropped it. (Incidentally, it's just the Germanic spelling. My family's Dutch originally.)
Old 2008-10-09, 00:40   Link #1668
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Sigh. Did you read the caption? I'm not saying it is canon or actually evidence to anything, but that quote is about death. Read it, line by line, it is a massive metaphor about death.

-Come your journey is over. (End of a long struggle)
-You are released from this world. (Death)
-That's why...
-You can rest in me at ease. (Sleep)
-Because dreams continue for eternity. (Death is eternal sleep)
-Good night, Lelouch. (Sleep -> Death)

End of a long struggle, and eternal rest? That's death.

Care to show me where 'living' is brought into this?
Nah, I can spin that pretty well to fit into the whole theory of him obtaining immortality and the implications to be more symbolic in that regard, nothing I feel really contradicts that scenario, his struggle is over for the time being, he won and brought about world peace, if he is immortal he effectively is separate from the rest of the world along with the fact that he'll have to leave his old life behind and remain in hiding from the public eye as a whole. Effectively, Lelouch would be dead, even if he isn't technically and his dream will continue on within the people, and at the same time eternity could imply immortality as well, at any rate this is the closing chapter of 'Lelouch' and I can agree with that at the very least, but that doesn't say anything against the new life, perhaps a new name (R2 anyone?). Works for both scenarios, as I feel the ending does as well in this case. Really, people got so overexcited about every little thing at this point, interpretation can and does often work wonders Lie without having to necessarily be wrong. Anyway, I'm off to bed now, can't keep posting here all night
Old 2008-10-09, 00:41   Link #1669
lovecakecookies

Quote:
A translation from a caption of the last newtype (thanks Dann of Thursday for the link)

http://animeotaku.animeblogger.net/2...ven-otherwise/

OH god... this is so sad but beautiful.. is this supposed to be said by C.C?
Old 2008-10-09, 00:43   Link #1670
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
OH god... this is so sad but beautiful.. is this supposed to be said by C.C?
I guess so. Him being dead was an option ^^ We will see if the interviews confirm it. If yes, then let it be ^^
Old 2008-10-09, 00:43   Link #1671
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Nah, I can spin that pretty well to fit into the whole theory of him obtaining immortality and the implications to be more symbolic in that regard, nothing I feel really contradicts that scenario, his struggle is over for the time being, he won and brought about world peace, if he is immortal he effectively is separate from the rest of the world along with the fact that he'll have to leave his old life behind and remain in hiding from the public eye as a whole. Effectively, Lelouch would be dead, even if he isn't technically and his dream will continue on within the people, and at the same time eternity could imply immortality as well, at any rate this is the closing chapter of 'Lelouch' and I can agree with that at the very least, but that doesn't say anything against the new life, perhaps a new name (R2 anyone?). Works for both scenarios, as I feel the ending does as well in this case. Really, people got so overexcited about every little thing at this point, interpretation can and does often work wonders Lie without having to necessarily be wrong. Anyway, I'm off to bed now, can't keep posting here all night
Well, if you can spin that to work for the 'Lelouch is alive' scenario, I'd be impressed, but I would also think it's pointless since it's just a caption from a magazine anyway. Unless they have a quote directly from the creators that says, "Lelouch is really, truly dead, and he's never coming back in any way, shape or form," I'm not going to worry about it.
Old 2008-10-09, 00:45   Link #1672
lovecakecookies

Quote:
I guess so. Him being dead was an option ^^ We will see if the interviews confirm it. If yes, then let it be ^^
huh? isn't this said with the picture of the new CLAMP picture of C.C?
Old 2008-10-09, 00:47   Link #1673
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
A translation from a caption of the last newtype (thanks Dann of Thursday for the link)
http://animeotaku.animeblogger.net/2...ven-otherwise/
Emm... This thing is not an analysis or announcement. It's the "Talking Geass" short novel series on Newtype which doesn't have "Taniguchi/Sunrise supervised" marked with it.
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 00:47   Link #1674
Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
Well, if you can spin that to work for the 'Lelouch is alive' scenario, I'd be impressed, but I would also think it's pointless since it's just a caption from a magazine anyway. Unless they have a quote directly from the creators that says, "Lelouch is really, truly dead, and he's never coming back in any way, shape or form," I'm not going to worry about it.
Exactly. It is something the magazine posted, it's not an official quote or something the creators wrote. Them implying he is dead doesn't matter to me. It's the creators, who have any actual say on the matter.
Old 2008-10-09, 00:47   Link #1675
Lie

Quote:
That contradicts the line of 'Rest at ease within me, because dreams are eternal'. That line has no purpose if he is still alive, how is he to be alive and resting within the speaker in an eternal dream, no less?
Also, if C.C.'s character development was not enough, immortality does not remove you from the world. C.C. was never removed from the world and was not removed from it at the end. Immortality does not remove you, it disaccociates you.

This isn't me jumping at every little thing, I even said this is not about what is canon or not. I doubt the quote is anything more than a magazine line made by the editor. But the quote is about death, saying otherwise is more accurately jumping at every little thing.
Lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 00:48   Link #1676
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
huh? isn't this said with the picture of the new CLAMP picture of C.C?
? I don't understand what you mean XD

Many people want to hear it (that he is dead) from the mouth of okouchi or taniguchi, not from a comment like that. That's all XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
Errr... This thing is not an analysis or announcement. It's the "Talking Geass" short novel series on Newtype which doesn't have "Taniguchi/Sunrise supervised" marked with it.
Hehe, thanks koshimizu XD
Old 2008-10-09, 00:48   Link #1677
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Errr... This thing is not an analysis or announcement. It's the "Talking Geass" short novel series on Newtype which doesn't have "Taniguchi/Sunrise supervised" marked with it.
Thank you Koshimizu. Good night everyone, still a nice poem I have to say

Quote:
That contradicts the line of 'Rest at ease within me, because dreams are eternal'. That line has no purpose if he is still alive, how is he to be alive and resting within the speaker in an eternal dream, no less?
Also, if C.C.'s character development was not enough, immortality does not remove you from the world. C.C. was never removed from the world and was not removed from it at the end. Immortality does not remove you, it disaccociates you.

This isn't me jumping at every little thing, I even said this is not about what is canon or not. I doubt the quote is anything more than a magazine line made by the editor. But the quote is about death, saying otherwise is more accurately jumping at every little thing.
Why not, essentially he would be resting within the hearts of everyone who knew him and that dream transitions as such to them and the rest of the world, the dream of a world at peace which is what is brought forth. So he can rest, even if he is alive and immortal still in this scenario because his struggle is over, his victory having been achieved.

Meh, works in the same context for me I feel and serves my purpose and the implications surrounding it well enough. That and he'll have to leave his old life behind, everyone he knew, not even being able to really associate with the world in general, if he is alive of course.

No, its me taking a different take and interpretation on the matter, I think it works and I don't really see anything contradicting it, as you'll often find when a person voices their opinion on the matter. Anyway, I'm tired, off to bed already >_>
Old 2008-10-09, 00:49   Link #1678
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Thanks, Koshimizu. You've been very helpful as usual.
Old 2008-10-09, 00:50   Link #1679
Elicit

Quote:
Also, if C.C.'s character development was not enough, immortality does not remove you from the world. C.C. was never removed from the world and was not removed from it at the end. Immortality does not remove you, it disassociates you.

We still arguing about it? Koshimizu just said the text was only magazine fed, not Taniguchi & Co. or Sunrise staff, therefore, it has little effect other than just another interpretation. Taniguchi himself said he'd leave it up to the fans' interpretation - even if that seems to be a major cop out.

In any case, I wonder when those high-res scans will arrive... Graphics need to be made, stat.
Elicit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 00:50   Link #1680
Asleep

Quote:
Errr... This thing is not an analysis of any sort. It's the "Talking Geass" short novel series on Newtype which doesn't have "Taniguchi/Sunrise supervised" marked with it.
Thank you for putting and end to it