Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-12-29, 19:29   Link #1501
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
But why? Just because Oyajima isn't as handsome as Aoki? Come on, cut the poor guy some slack! He's no bishounen, true, but the fact remains that he's a gentleman and a good person who deserves to be happy too. He treats Shirai so well and shows that his love for her is pure. He's never selfish, jealous, or tries to pressure her into doing anything she doesn't want to do. So....why wouldn't he make a good match for Shirai? Tell me. D:
Aoki isn't handsome at all In fact i think that Oyajima is the only manly character there and i think he is pretty mature.

It isn't nothing personal, just i believe that Aoki and Shirai are "HHNNNNGGG" together. I like Shirai, to me is the best character in this manga... and i loved her interaction with Aoki.
Old 2010-12-30, 01:46   Link #1502
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Aoki isn't handsome at all
Yeah, that's probably not the word to describe him.....but when he takes those glasses off, he can be "almost cute".
Old 2010-12-30, 01:53   Link #1503
billborden

Quote:
Great chapter. I laughed so hard when Aoki tricked Rin with his finger and Rin was all O//////////O Hahahahaha!!! The ending scene was sad though.

Throwing my two cents in for the serious discussion.

Under no circumstances is it "okay" for children to have sex. I don't even think high schoolers should be having it. They are not mature enough. I think such an experience, especially if something goes wrong can be very emotionally damaging to both of them. I had a friend in high school whom I did not see again for a few years until I ran into her in college. She was sitting by herself and very upset. I asked her what was wrong and she told me that she had the greatest boyfriend in the world and she really loved him. When they slept together, it all went to hell. She said she wished she had waited and gotten to know him better.
What I love about this discussion is the assumption that physical age is related to emotional maturity.

BEGIN PERSONAL RANT

I've known 12 year-olds that were more emotionally mature that college students; often because the college students had been so "protected" and shielded from the real world that they had idea of how it worked (outside of TV, music videos and classroom gossip). Talk to your kids about sex and relationships, help them to believe in themselves enough to make their own decisions, and be there to help them pick up the pieces when they make bad ones (whether it involves sex, relationships or a new hair-style). If you do that when they're still young (particularly the being there bit); then they'll be prepared to make better decisions when they grow older. The only kids more screwed-up than those with parents that ignore them are those whose parents hide them in a closet until they're "old enough" them expect them to suddenly expect then to be able to act like an adult.

END PERSONAL RANT

Statistically, most children are starting to experiment with their bodies and sex by age 12-13 (sixth grade), although intercourse is rare. I'm willing to guess that this is going to end up being more of a boast than a reality, but the teachers are going to cause all sorts of chaos before they figure that out.
Old 2010-12-30, 08:55   Link #1504
Zantetsuken68

Quote:
Originally Posted by billborden View Post
What I love about this discussion is the assumption that physical age is related to emotional maturity.

BEGIN PERSONAL RANT

I've known 12 year-olds that were more emotionally mature that college students; often because the college students had been so "protected" and shielded from the real world that they had idea of how it worked (outside of TV, music videos and classroom gossip). Talk to your kids about sex and relationships, help them to believe in themselves enough to make their own decisions, and be there to help them pick up the pieces when they make bad ones (whether it involves sex, relationships or a new hair-style). If you do that when they're still young (particularly the being there bit); then they'll be prepared to make better decisions when they grow older. The only kids more screwed-up than those with parents that ignore them are those whose parents hide them in a closet until they're "old enough" them expect them to suddenly expect then to be able to act like an adult.

END PERSONAL RANT

Statistically, most children are starting to experiment with their bodies and sex by age 12-13 (sixth grade), although intercourse is rare. I'm willing to guess that this is going to end up being more of a boast than a reality, but the teachers are going to cause all sorts of chaos before they figure that out.
Well put 'billborden'. This is my view exactly. Many people associate age with maturity, and that is not necessarily the case. It has to do with personality. As you also said, many kids today (mostly in the U.S.) are either given little or no discipline, or raised in a glass bubble by isolating them from the world. If this is done, how can anyone expect kids to make responsible decisions with money, sex or life in general when they reach adulthood.

As for the last chapter, whether or not the girl actually had sex or not is up for debate. It could be a hoax, someone craving attention, or something else. The cliff-hanger with Rin and Aoki is interesting as to where their relationship goes next. Aoki seems very troubled with Rin's words and worries she might do something foolish. Time will tell.

Last edited by Zantetsuken68; 2010-12-31 at 22:29.
Zantetsuken68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 22:35   Link #1505
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

So... sex ed harms growth and causes pregnancies. ...Flawless logic.

...Or maybe that's just England for you.

No left-handed girls in the 6th grade? Just how large a sample are we talking about? Rin's got surprisingly good intel about completely random things...

Also,
Spoiler for chapter 68:
Old 2011-01-27, 23:08   Link #1506
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Left handers kind of stand out in school, a writing intensive environment. It's not really unusual to know who is and isn't left handed. It's not like it's a huge school, and we saw all the sixth graders in the gym. There probably weren't even 100 of them. In that small of a size, knowing who is left handed, or who isn't, is pretty easy. I think it's more random that she knew it was a prank just because the pin would only be used the way it was by a left handed person.
Old 2011-01-28, 05:04   Link #1507
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post

So... sex ed harms growth and causes pregnancies. ...Flawless logic.

...Or maybe that's just England for you.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...n-classes.html

I suppose you could say it was the result of sex ed done badly (I don't know how it was done), but you can't argue with Shirai's statement.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-22, 22:39   Link #1508
Chiibi

OMG RAWS FOR 69 ARE OUT!

Whoa, we got some JUICY stuff this time!!
My understanding of Japanese without furigana is limited but I can at least tell this much.

Spoiler for Juice!:

Most excellent chapter!
Old 2011-02-23, 15:18   Link #1509
Riltz
⌂ Vulcan 300 ⌂

Just read 69 on MR.

Why i foresee a massive shitstorm when rin graduate?

Also, middle schoolers hitting on primary students...at first i was wow but then i remember a guy on my class that hit on girls no older than 12, damn he was a real pedo, and we were on our last year of school (17 yo).

and lol at Flag Crusher!!! xD
Riltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 18:07   Link #1510
Chiibi

Well, a middle school kid hitting on an elementary school girl could be in seventh grade and the average age of seventh graders is 12-13 so if Rin's 11, that's not really a big deal.
Old 2011-02-23, 18:22   Link #1511
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
regarding middle school if she's in 6th grade and he's 1 yr older i don't think that's anywhere near weird =/
oh and that scene "What if Rin was already an adult right now?" I was like "You'd hit that FFS"!!!!
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 18:22   Link #1512
Nemuru

Quote:
Well, a middle school kid hitting on an elementary school girl could be in seventh grade and the average age of seventh graders is 12-13 so if Rin's 11, that's not really a big deal.
I'm thinking it is more about the age itself and the location, elementary/primary school.... lol, thats quite a pedo place to start hitting on girls. Even if there wasn't much of an age gap would going to elementary school and standing at the gate make the situation less obscene. It looks really awkward with 3 males standing at the front gate though rather oppressive than genuine it seems.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 18:34   Link #1513
Johnny
Working the bags...

Hoin just needs take Aoki out and get him plastered. Then bang his brains out and he'll forget all about the pedo quicksand he's slowly starting to sink into...

I couldn't help but facepalm at his if Rin was already an adult comment topped off with a blush. She's not numbnuts and wake up before the next chapter we see you in jail being comforted by a large individual who calls you sweet cakes...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 19:00   Link #1514
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Hoin just needs take Aoki out and get him plastered. Then bang his brains out and he'll forget all about the pedo quicksand he's slowly starting to sink into...

I couldn't help but facepalm at his if Rin was already an adult comment topped off with a blush. She's not numbnuts and wake up before the next chapter we see you in jail being comforted by a large individual who calls you sweet cakes...
Kuro/dark Boin sensei is rather comical although I do vaguely remember a drinking scene with Boin and Aoki but wasn't Aoki the better drinker. I'm thinking Boin will pass out be4 Aoki does.

As for Aoki and Rin I felt the dream was well, a dream. A kind of sweet dream or a fantasy, forbidden thoughts are not that rare in normal people. I probably don't want to go into the territory of thought crime although there is the reality of the entire situation lol, but a mature rin in a high school uniform is quite the sight for eyes.
Reiji turn out more comical than expected he is probably less creepy than he was last few chapters but still creepy either way.

lol, I need to keep my sanity intact sometimes when I'm reading this manga....
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 19:59   Link #1515
Dark Wing

well it dose seem like this series is slowly coming to an end. With all the talk about Rin graduating and Shiro-sensei seemingly taking her relationship to the next step...I don't know where Kaworu Watashiya can go from here?
Old 2011-02-23, 23:08   Link #1516
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
well it dose seem like this series is slowly coming to an end. With all the talk about Rin graduating and Shiro-sensei seemingly taking her relationship to the next step...I don't know where Kaworu Watashiya can go from here?
As long as Hoin doesn't end up forever alone as the joke titty character then I don't really care where the story goes. Oh, as Usa needs to stay away from Reiji. Get one laid and keep the other pure, and I'm golden.
Old 2011-02-23, 23:14   Link #1517
Shadow5YA

This could keep going until Rin graduates from high school. Aoki can easily visit Rin outside of school anyway, since he shows enough concern for her and Reiji, especially in this chapter.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 23:47   Link #1518
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post

Aoki's far too involved in Rin's life now to just forget about her. I think that was the purpose of this chapter. He's not going to try anything illegal with her.....but he is beginning to realize that she's not just a student to him anymore.

He and Rin definitely have a special bond that goes beyond teacher and student and I've sensed this bond for quite some time. I think he shares this bond with her not because she's a child but because she is Rin.

Thus I would like him to wait for her. What Reiji is doing is wrong because it's twisted. He wants to have sex with older Rin and make her Aki's replacement. But if Aoki and Rin truly love each other in a pure way, I find nothing wrong for Aoki to wait until Rin becomes a teenager so they could date. It wouldn't be that long...Aoki's 25. Rin's 11. In five years, he'll be 30 and she'll be 16. The same ages as my favorite shoujo manga couple!! In America, that's considered pedophilia but this isn't America, this is Japan and girls CAN get married at 16 in Japan. The only limit on the boy is he must be 18 or older. I researched this not too long ago.
It is up to the reader's interpretation on whether they consider this to be okay.
I don't know if I'd okay it in real life (probably not). But this is manga. A fantasy world where boundaries can be stretched if we desire.
And you have to admit, it honestly wouldn't feel true and just to the series if he married someone else!

Last edited by Chiibi; 2011-02-24 at 00:15.
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 01:27   Link #1519
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

This is bad... Aoki's starting to come over to the dark side...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 01:46   Link #1520
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
This is bad... Aoki's starting to come over to the dark side...
All right, that's just funny because my friend who adores this manga said the exact same thing:
"YES, AOKI, COME TO THE DARK SIDE!!"

Just remember, having feelings and acting on them are two different matters.

Tags
comedy, growing up, loli, school life, seinen