AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Old 2013-11-12, 19:36   Link #881
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

reading vol5 right now

too bad Henriette decided to not to purse Shiroe. I think she is a better match for Shiroe then any of the other girls. just think what the 2 of them can accomplish

and you have to sigh at Shiroe, on a date with 2 cute girls and the only thing he is thinking of is Kanami

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2013-11-12 at 20:55.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 19:59   Link #882
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

Well, you can't blame the guy. right?

Shiroe has played Elder Tale for 8-9 years, If I'm correct, and around that time:

- He spends a lot of time with Nureha in the early years of the game. Both Enchanters.
- Joined the DTP and has a huge impression of their Leader, Kanami, despite her carefree attitude, but he respects her.
- Akatsuki only joined him several times in a party not until the Apocalypse.
- Minori is newbie of the game and Shiroe is her teacher and love interest after she was saved from Hamelin.

So, if we are to rank them in according to impression, I'd say:

1. Kanami
2. Nureha
3. Akatsuki
4. Minori
Ken Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 23:05   Link #883
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Sanders View Post
Well, you can't blame the guy. right?

Shiroe has played Elder Tale for 8-9 years, If I'm correct, and around that time:

- He spends a lot of time with Nureha in the early years of the game. Both Enchanters.
- Joined the DTP and has a huge impression of their Leader, Kanami, despite her carefree attitude, but he respects her.
- Akatsuki only joined him several times in a party not until the Apocalypse.
- Minori is newbie of the game and Shiroe is her teacher and love interest after she was saved from Hamelin.

So, if we are to rank them in according to impression, I'd say:

1. Kanami
2. Nureha
3. Akatsuki
4. Minori
Actually he doesn't know Nureha that well. He does know of her back in the Elder Tale days, as another high-level Enchanter that has no afflictions with any guilds but is still active in large raids (in other words, a rare breed like him). They might have met a few times and be aware of each other's exploits, but that's basically it (at least for Shiroe).

I think impression-wise it could be:

1. Kanami
2. Akatsuki vs Nureha
3. Minori

=3

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 23:16   Link #884
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
reading vol5 right now

too bad Henriette decided to not to purse Shiroe. I think she is a better match for Shiroe then any of the other girls. just think what the 2 of them can accomplish

and you have to sigh at Shiroe, on a date with 2 cute girls and the only thing he is thinking of is Kanami

Actually, Kanami is on a another level then the rest of them (what class is she anyway?). She is a like Luffy in a good way. If I have to rank them

1. Kanami
2. Nureha
3. Akatsuki/Minori
Old 2013-11-13, 04:58   Link #885
tsunade666

-_- let us just agree that Kanami is on her own league that Shiroe worship the road she take
Old 2013-11-13, 05:18   Link #886
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Not only Shiroe, lots of people in the story do(which I can completely understand). On top of my head, we have Elias, Coppelia, Keronardo, KR, Kuina(used to). Heck, for all we know, all the DTP member might have a certain level of worship toward her, after all, they were once dragged to watch aurora, only for her to forget to bring the key item and end up unable to enter the zone, and they still are willing to follow her whim after that
Old 2013-11-13, 06:11   Link #887
Breimoon

a question, i do know that there is at least a bot in the novel(think it was chinese side tory) but are there any hackers?
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 06:31   Link #888
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

No, but what would the significance of a hacker in this situation be...?
Not like he has access to any computing devices.
Old 2013-11-13, 08:10   Link #889
tsunade666

There are in an alternate world. What's the use of hacking? They aren't inside a game, you know -_-?
Old 2013-11-13, 08:29   Link #890
Avento
Lone Wolf

i think what he meant by hacker is that is there a hack character in elder tale. for example when it was still a game a hacker hack into the game and made his character has infinite hp and mp or something. this character then got transferred during the apocalypse

Avento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 08:57   Link #891
ices
Working Hard

^ Well, thats a good material for a fanfic.
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 10:02   Link #892
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avento View Post
i think what he meant by hacker is that is there a hack character in elder tale. for example when it was still a game a hacker hack into the game and made his character has infinite hp and mp or something. this character then got transferred during the apocalypse
"Infinite stat" hacks are rarely seen in MMO's. Virtually never, really, as you'd have to hack the actual gameplay server to do that kind of stuff. Too much risk and effort for something that's easy to track and ban.

More common are bots, programs that auto-pilot characters to do menial tasks like gathering resources. These are less susceptible to discovery since the programs run from the player's computer and from the outside the character still looks as if its playing normally. And as our luck would have it we have an actual example of what happens to a bot. A Cleric bot called Copellia was thrown into the world, and has apparently gained full sentience.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 10:27   Link #893
Breimoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
"Infinite stat" hacks are rarely seen in MMO's. Virtually never, really, as you'd have to hack the actual gameplay server to do that kind of stuff. Too much risk and effort for something that's easy to track and ban.
there are some way to hack even MMO without getting discovered. I remember in vanilla WoW you could get the strongest weapon just pasting a file or two in a folder and was discovered because too many people started using this cheat.I knew one who used it and did not have any problem even after fix. Then i have a RL friend who learned how to make them by himself and used them on meetin or how it was called and was discovered only because he used it in PVP about 2 or 3 months later.Yes, EQ is on pay to play server but there are always way to get things done if you are good enough
Old 2013-11-13, 11:20   Link #894
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

"If you are good enough"

LOL. It has nothing to do with being good, everything to do with the game having terrible exploitable holes, like having client based data or non-syncing server-client.
Old 2013-11-13, 11:26   Link #895
LystAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
-_- let us just agree that Kanami is on her own league that Shiroe worship the road she take
Kanami has that "main-character" vibe, enough that I wonder what will happen to Shiroe story-wise when she finally gets to Japan. Although I haven't read the side-story yet, would I be wrong to also lump her in with the dense harem-attracting characterization?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
there are some way to hack even MMO without getting discovered. I remember in vanilla WoW you could get the strongest weapon just pasting a file or two in a folder and was discovered because too many people started using this cheat.I knew one who used it and did not have any problem even after fix. Then i have a RL friend who learned how to make them by himself and used them on meetin or how it was called and was discovered only because he used it in PVP about 2 or 3 months later.Yes, EQ is on pay to play server but there are always way to get things done if you are good enough
Admittedly, there's always a way to beat the system if you try hard enough. Although, it is increasingly difficult with time as the game company will catch on, if the hack is overly obvious. Not to mention that Elder Tales has been out for awhile, and in our MMOs, there are multiple servers to which one could foresee a hacker hiding here or there; for Elder Tales, where everyone is in one server. People are going to know how people obtain certain weapons or how they beat a particular boss, unless the hack is unobtrusive enough that it wouldn't matter.

What I would like to know is what happened to all the GMs that should have been on to monitor the release of the new expansion.
LystAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 11:32   Link #896
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
.... This is the first time I've heard of that. Which is surprising because I was glued to the internet during my Vanilla WoW days, and you'd think that I would have noticed a drastic increase in Hammers of Ragnaros and Thunderfury's, or the news that you could get them by swapping a few files in folders.

Are you sure this wasn't all on private servers?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 11:44   Link #897
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by LystAP View Post
Kanami has that "main-character" vibe, enough that I wonder what will happen to Shiroe story-wise when she finally gets to Japan. Although I haven't read the side-story yet, would I be wrong to also lump her in with the dense harem-attracting characterization?

To be honest I'd be surprised if she didn't join log horizon, from what we've seen she was constantly pushing Shiroe to do more so I wouldn't be surprised if she was waiting for him to form a guild like Naotsugu and Nyanta where .
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 12:38   Link #898
Breimoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
.... This is the first time I've heard of that. Which is surprising because I was glued to the internet during my Vanilla WoW days, and you'd think that I would have noticed a drastic increase in Hammers of Ragnaros and Thunderfury's, or the news that you could get them by swapping a few files in folders.

Are you sure this wasn't all on private servers?
quite sure, the weapons were invisible and it was like you were punching the enemy but the statsplus skills were that of the thunderfury's. Was on official server and personally saw two or three doing it before it was fixed. And i am quite sure at least my friend who did it didn't have real thunderfury cause our guild did not manage to end the raid(we were only about 30 with awful equip)
Old 2013-11-13, 13:07   Link #899
Quol
That Guy

How does shiroe feel about kanami, is she just a person who shiroe greatly respects or does he have romantic feelings toward her?
Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 13:12   Link #900
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quol View Post
How does shiroe feel about kanami, is she just a person who shiroe greatly respects or does he have romantic feelings toward her?
no romance i can see but it is beyond respect into the realm of Worship.

Tags
alternate reality, database, economics, political theory, spoilers