Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-04, 11:35   Link #181
SHINOBI-03

-EPISODE 69-

Spoiler for Part 1:

---------------------

Spoiler for Part 2:

Last edited by SHINOBI-03; 2013-03-04 at 11:56.
SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 15:27   Link #182
SHINOBI-03

-EPISODE 70-

Spoiler for Part 1:

----------------

Spoiler for Part 2:
Old 2013-03-11, 17:40   Link #183
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Personally, I think Rock looks most impressive in the Madhouse version.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 10:10   Link #184
SHINOBI-03

-EPISODE 71-

Spoiler for Part 1:

------------

Spoiler for Part 2:
Old 2013-03-25, 09:23   Link #185
SHINOBI-03

-EPISODE 72-

Spoiler for PART 1:

-----------

Spoiler for PART 2:
Old 2013-04-02, 12:12   Link #186
SHINOBI-03

-EPISODE 73-

Spoiler for PART 1:

------------------------------

Spoiler for PART 2:
Old 2013-04-08, 15:26   Link #187
SHINOBI-03

-EPISODE 74-

Spoiler for Part 1:

----------------

Spoiler for Part 2:
Old 2013-04-11, 16:24   Link #188
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Hm... I'm starting to see a rather fundamental problem with a thread that receives few visitors. Not that I actually mind, but it's something I noticed.

See, this page has like, six reviews on it now. All of them with a lot of (animated) images.

Which kinda means I have to wait a while if I just wanna read the latest review.

Again, it's not like, killing me or anything. And I'm not sure what would solve the problem, other than scattering the review over several posts, but it's something I noticed.

EDIT: I just realise it doesn't even matter that much anymore, since the 1999 series ends after next week's episode.

Last edited by Dengar; 2013-04-14 at 03:36.
Old 2013-04-14, 13:55   Link #189
SHINOBI-03

-EPISODE 75-

Spoiler for Part 1:

-------

Spoiler for Part 2:
Old 2013-04-21, 10:48   Link #190
SHINOBI-03

-EPISODE 76-

Spoiler for PART 1:

------------------------------

Spoiler for PART 2:
Old 2013-04-21, 11:30   Link #191
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Wait the comparisons aren't over yet?
Old 2013-04-21, 22:21   Link #192
SHINOBI-03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Wait the comparisons aren't over yet?
NOW it's over, unless you want me to keep up comparing the manga for the rest of the series.
Old 2013-04-21, 22:54   Link #193
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Hm... I'm starting to see a rather fundamental problem with a thread that receives few visitors. Not that I actually mind, but it's something I noticed.

See, this page has like, six reviews on it now. All of them with a lot of (animated) images.

Which kinda means I have to wait a while if I just wanna read the latest review.

Again, it's not like, killing me or anything. And I'm not sure what would solve the problem, other than scattering the review over several posts, but it's something I noticed.

EDIT: I just realise it doesn't even matter that much anymore, since the 1999 series ends after next week's episode.
I thought about that, but it's actually a pretty easy problem to solve. You just click on the post # on the top right of whatever episode comparison you want to look at. Will just load up that one post which helps in avoiding all the pictures loading on the one page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHINOBI-03 View Post
NOW it's over, unless you want me to keep up comparing the manga for the rest of the series.
Personally, I'd like to see the comparison continue even if it's just against the manga. Much as it's been interesting to see how it differs from the old series, the comparisons to the manga have been interesting as well. But, it's not my free time being used to do this .
Old 2013-04-22, 09:29   Link #194
noktown

I would also gladly see the manga vs anime comparisons if you enjoy doing them.

Thanks for all the comparisons you did,I'm checking this thread every week
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 23:08   Link #195
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Yeah, thanks for the comparisons.
Old 2014-04-26, 22:26   Link #196
Hazou
Immortal Flames

I will be honest, 2011 was not needed. I was watched the 1999 version like it was the bible of anime. Nearly one of my favorite series right next to the show that started it all Yu Yu Hakusho. Actually if a show should get a HD remake it should be Yu Yu Hakusho. I will rewatch that over.

I find myself with this anime skipping most of the episode content to get down to the one thing I like about this anime, the fight scenes. Ooo boy the fight scenes.

The problem I had with this anime, until episode 40. Was the very colorful pallette. The 1999 version was a lot darker, and maybe that was a tehcnology limit. But I like much darker much grittier animes. And wish the 2011 would have kept to that atmosphere of HxH.

Burn strongly and freely, my immortal flames.
Hazou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 00:32   Link #197
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

what a way to revive a defunct thread, to conmemorate the anniversary?
Old 2014-04-27, 02:13   Link #198
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
I will be honest, 2011 was not needed. I was watched the 1999 version like it was the bible of anime. Nearly one of my favorite series right next to the show that started it all Yu Yu Hakusho. Actually if a show should get a HD remake it should be Yu Yu Hakusho. I will rewatch that over.

I find myself with this anime skipping most of the episode content to get down to the one thing I like about this anime, the fight scenes. Ooo boy the fight scenes.

The problem I had with this anime, until episode 40. Was the very colorful pallette. The 1999 version was a lot darker, and maybe that was a tehcnology limit. But I like much darker much grittier animes. And wish the 2011 would have kept to that atmosphere of HxH.
So the one concrete critique you have about 2011 is the color palette, and everything else boild down to personal preference. Is that correct?
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 02:41   Link #199
Arkeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazou View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
So the one concrete critique you have about 2011 is the color palette, and everything else boild down to personal preference. Is that correct?
The best part here is that the color palette is a result of corrupted dvd's that were sent out of japan, and is not representative of the actual 99 version that aired there.
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 13:45   Link #200
Hazou
Immortal Flames

I am going to clarify a bit. When I say darker, I do not mean the color pallette in the 1999. I mean darker as in the way the anime was handled.

For example I have to find some cutscenes to explain what I am talking about. But the episode where Hisoka gets his card thrown into his shoulder blade.

I stictly remember in the '99 version the card had blood on it, the 2011 episode at least when I watched it had no blood.

I think the 2011 probably had that dark atmosphere that I was talking about better in the Phantom Troupe arch, which is my favorite arch.

The other thing were some of the things cut out. My Favorite fight scene of all time, especially in the first arch where they were learning to become Hunters, was Kurapica v.s. Hisoka. It just doesn't exist and they magically cut to Gon being injured. We don't even get to see Gon's fight only through a flashback, ooboy.

When I say darker I mean the atmosphere. The mood of the anime. I feel like this took on, a very 4kids approach to HxH, not as bad mind you. It's not as horrible as the abominaton of 4kids. But I like twisted anime, with dark moods.

The very few animes I watch that are light, are reverse harems its just treated better and those are guilty pleasures. And Gintama.

Otherwise you have to look at my anime history.

My entry anime was Akira, then it was Yu Yu Hakusho, Cowboy Bebop, and then Ghost in the Shell.

From there I went to Technolyze, Serial Experiment Lain, Sci-Fi Harry, Mushishi, Mononoke, Japanese Classic Horror, Ghost Hound, Ghost Hunt, Jigoku Shoujo, etc.

I watch very dark, heavy animes. But sometimes a man has to watch something fun and light which is reserved for reverse harems generally because I like the relationship aspect better than normal harems. To many big boobs and submissive females. And Gintama.

Burn strongly and freely, my immortal flames.
Hazou is offline   Reply With Quote