AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2014-12-23, 17:27   Link #11981
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
So after years of appearing in Newtypes top ten popularity poll Kira "Jesus" Yamato has finally be ousted in the new January issue. Apparently Lacus was ousted in the December issue.
Old 2014-12-23, 18:04   Link #11982
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
So after years of appearing in Newtypes top ten popularity poll Kira "Jesus" Yamato has finally be ousted in the new January issue. Apparently Lacus was ousted in the December issue.
That isn't a rare occurrence. Often they are bumped off for newer character only to end up appearing again shortly afterwards
Old 2014-12-23, 18:19   Link #11983
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
That isn't a rare occurrence. Often they are bumped off for newer character only to end up appearing again shortly afterwards
I don't generally follow Newtype so I have no idea if they've been bumped off before, but the story I saw made it appear that it was either the first time or the first time in a very long time since he'd not appeared in the top ten.
Old 2015-01-19, 22:12   Link #11984
QSTraderDG86

Oh, by the way, to bump this thread...

Fukuda is now working on a series called Cross Ange, for those who haven't realized it yet.

To put it in Gundam terms, the main character looks like Stella, seems to have a personality that's a cross between Cagalli and Heero Yuy, her mech shares a color scheme with the Strike Freedom in default mode, has an Epyon-like red mode, and a God/Burning gundam-like gold mode that's activated with a song.

Her rival has a ton of similarities to Lacus, and her mech shares a color scheme with the Infinite Justice. Oh, and she's part dragon.

Yes, there are dragons involved in this anime. And a hotel called the Mu La Flaga hotel , and has other Gundam SEED references as well.

Oh, and Rau's voice actor works on it too. He (unsurprisingly) voices a villain
QSTraderDG86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-20, 06:25   Link #11985
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

You haven't told them about tusk yet.
Old 2015-01-21, 16:40   Link #11986
IceHism

Faux!lacus is no replacement for the real one :/
Hopefully sunrise let's Fukuda work on more things now. I don't know why they basically shafted this guy after he made the two highest selling gundams post 2000
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-21, 17:14   Link #11987
Aquaman OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Hopefully sunrise let's Fukuda work on more things now. I don't know why they basically shafted this guy after he made the two highest selling gundams post 2000
Because Destiny was so close to being an disaster because Fukuda sucks at management (more than once they almost had to cancel because he had nothing to air that week) that Sunrise were too afraid to trust him much. Yes he gave them a great selling show but he nearly cost them alot and it was too big a risk.

Even Cross Ange has him kept as far away from the money and mangement as possible, giving him a role as creative consultant instead.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-21, 22:01   Link #11988
QSTraderDG86

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
You haven't told them about tusk yet.
Oh, and the main character's romantic interest looks like Kira, is voiced by Setsuna F. Seiei, is a mechanic and kicks copious amounts of ass for what fighting he's been shown to do.

(Oh, and two separate realities ship them -- in the main one, whenever he trips, he lands between her legs, and vice versa in the alternate one )
Old 2015-07-16, 17:48   Link #11989
Esg

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Why Sunrise, Why?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXpuRIZzJog
Esg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-16, 21:57   Link #11990
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

From a purely financial point of view, you know this will happen. SEED series is one of the most profitable Gundam franchise, ever.

Some might hate it, but its a cash cow. In fact, its such a cash cow that it could provide a reasonable competition against UC.

As long as they do not involve those BS regarding VA/Director/Writer relationships and bring the complete series to a full circle, I could live with it. Or else...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-16, 22:51   Link #11991
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

All things considered, if it was purely a matter of finances, they would've made it already. They haven't, though, so there's other factors involved that we're in the dark about.
Old 2015-07-16, 23:17   Link #11992
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
They haven't, though, so there's other factors involved that we're in the dark about.
It is Sunrise, after all. It is an organization not at all above the influence that convoluted Big West, Tatsunoko, Studio Nue, Bandai and Satelight.

Now Hollywood is going to adapt that dreaded congestion of a lawsuit. Goddess help us.

- Tak (Transparency is not a Japanese corporate forte)

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2015-07-16 at 23:36.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-24, 10:40   Link #11993
Fjoergyn

Fukuda notice something in a twitter about the seed
Fjoergyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-26, 06:03   Link #11994
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post
Link or text quote?
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-11, 09:50   Link #11995
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post
It was last year around this time he posted: "There has been some trouble with Cross Ange's schedule. A lot of people came to help, but work related to SEED has gotten into an urgent state of affairs. No New Year's for me." https://twitter.com/fukuda320/status/535432011066789889

If it's anything serious (movie / ova) it should be announced in a few months.. Or it's just another music video from Fukuda.

I was watching this talk at Google from Nick Bostrom, a philosopher at Oxford who has written quit a bit on human enhancement technology among many other things. At one point he started to talk a bit about the role of genetics in enhancements and it reminded me of the Coordinator project in Seed. Looks like the birth of first coordinator will soon be upon us

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pywF6ZzsghI&t=30m0s (from 30:00 to 33:43)
Old 2015-11-20, 01:03   Link #11996
QSTraderDG86

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
It was last year around this time he posted: "There has been some trouble with Cross Ange's schedule. A lot of people came to help, but work related to SEED has gotten into an urgent state of affairs. No New Year's for me." https://twitter.com/fukuda320/status/535432011066789889

If it's anything serious (movie / ova) it should be announced in a few months.. Or it's just another music video from Fukuda.

I was watching this talk at Google from Nick Bostrom, a philosopher at Oxford who has written quit a bit on human enhancement technology among many other things. At one point he started to talk a bit about the role of genetics in enhancements and it reminded me of the Coordinator project in Seed. Looks like the birth of first coordinator will soon be upon us

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pywF6ZzsghI&t=30m0s (from 30:00 to 33:43)
Would be nice if we can get a pink princess that looks beautiful in kimonos with a wonderful singing voice ^_^. Oh, and her perfect ace programmer boyfriend.

Piloting a giant beam-spamming mecha ^_^
Old 2016-02-21, 07:06   Link #11997
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Unhappy

Quote:
Voice actor Junichi Kanemaru confirmed on Twitter that Chiaki Morosawa has passed away. She was the co-creator and main writer of the Gundam SEED series, which was directed by her husband Mitsuo Fukuda. They also worked on Gear Fighter Dendoh together.
Rest in Peace, good ma'am. I always like Gundam SEED (and half of Destiny) & Gear Fighter Dendoh. Thank you for revitalizing Gundam and the overall mecha genre for the 3rd millenium era. And to Fukuda, be strong.

That said, if there's indeed a further SEED project after Destiny that she wanted to tell but never got to finish, I hope Sunrise/Bandai will at least consider to take a shot at it (movie or OVA) in her honor and hire a good team to handle it. SEED (CE) is the franchise's biggest hit after UC after all.
Old 2016-02-21, 07:20   Link #11998
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

There are grace in some of the series' flaws. Then again, there's no denying that the Cosmic Era series did make a huge hit (next to UC) which drew in the younger audience into Gundam.

RIP.
Old 2016-02-21, 10:25   Link #11999
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

from my heart i thanked greatly Mrs. Morosawa for her contribution in reintroducing the Gundam franchise to the newer generation along with her husband, love & happiness for eternity.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-21, 11:33   Link #12000
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

RIP.

Thank you for co-creating CE, which is one of my favorite Gundam era, and Gear Fighter Dendoh, one of my favorite non-Gundam mecha series. I hope her husband can be strong as its never an easy time when losing someone beloved.
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep