AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

View Poll Results: SAO Alternative - Gun Gale Online - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 6 27.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 40.91%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 13.64%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 9.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 4.55%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 4.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2018-07-02, 10:39   Link #21
HandofFate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Fuka was the best character.
Pito kind of ruined it, she never grew on me.
__________________
...
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-02, 11:24   Link #22
videoman190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Washington DC

P-chan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
P-Chan is the best character.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...ft-gun/.133475
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-02, 11:36   Link #23
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by videoman190 View Post
lezz geet it! P-chan is definitely the most inspiring character! P-chan never wavers!
blakstealth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-02, 12:21   Link #24
Ghostfriendly
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Everything that happens to M Does with his consent, except first night, but that was appropriate punishment for creepy stalker like him.
It seemed to me like he was fine with the first time, but I don't think he should be, because Pitohui doesn't give the impression that she cares if he is or isn't. It plays like Joker and Harley. At best it looks like it might be abuse, and when it's not really challenged, that leaves a very sour taste, plus, suicide pact, 'If I don't kill myself, she'll kill me'. Not good.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-02, 14:47   Link #25
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
I don't think people should be fine with getting abused, regardless whether they gave consent or not. I also think heterosexual relationship is best, but... who I am to critise other people preferences or dictate when their hobbies are fine and when not as long as unrelated people doesn't get involeved. First time it was deserved, second time onward it was his choice. So I don't think she wronged him and if M like SM plays I don't see reason why he should deny himself it, just because some rules made by outsiders with no authority.
__________________
"I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it" (Charles R. Swindoll)
Tenzen12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-02, 17:45   Link #26
Hata
時の異邦人
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Emerald City
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbis View Post
T-S got the 1st spot for bring uninvolved until the very end seem fitting end but they really gain a lot of hate from spectators so a lot of player will most likely warmly welcome them in pvp zone later on with a bullet.
what the anime left out from the book is, instead of the customary return to bar to receive a hero’s welcome for winning, TS choose to leave the game directly because they knew they will get boo, and from that on they will never show up with their armor/helmet mask in the bar so people would not know that they are the TS team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
What the hell is this random ending for the 2nd Squad Jam tournament!?
TS continue to play a significant roles in the following arcs, and gets its comeuppance for the way they fight right in the next SJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Anyone in the know reckon there will be chances for an OVA or such?
season 1 covers the first three books of novel.
SJ 1 (book 1)
SJ 2 (book 2, 3)

there are 3 more major arc in the novels so far.

SJ 3 (book 4, 5)
Testing Game (book 6)
SJ 4 (book 7, which is the latest book, expect the arc finish in book 8)

book 4 to 6 is enough to do a season 2, but the story of book 6 works more like a gaiden instead of one appropriate for a season ending climax, the current last arc, IMO, would do nicely. so if it is me, I will wait for book 8 is completed, and use SJ3+SJ4 for season 2, and book 6 can be a 2-4 episodes OAV arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeross87 View Post
Can someone pm me if the next arc will be more like sj1 or more like sj2 without spoiling me too much please. I pre commanded the English novel but if I’ll like only the beginning I’m considering canceling it.
don’t know, since both SJ1 and SJ2 to me seems about the same, and so is the next two arcs more or less. if you like the story so far, you should have no problem, if you don’t like what they cover in the anime, then you shouldn’t bother.
__________________
2018 Summer: Grand Blue, Lupin the III Part 5, Major 2nd, Overlord III.
Hata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-02, 17:50   Link #27
VDZ
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
So I just watched the final episode, and there is one thing that bothers me.







Why was this never touched upon again? I fully expected drama when they found out killing Pito in-game would probably directly kill her in real life. Even just a 'haha, I wasn't wearing a Nervegear, I was just calm' or 'Nervegear doesn't kill people unless the game is specifically programmed for that' would be fine, but it's just completely ignored.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-02, 18:06   Link #28
rladls2121
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: California(Current).
And to think M is nothing more than a stalker.
I expected more stories of his.
Maybe next time, the whole series is not over yet.

So Karen and her height complex?
Maybe next time.

Last edited by rladls2121; 2018-07-02 at 18:18.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-02, 18:57   Link #29
jwai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Australia
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDZ View Post
Why was this never touched upon again? I fully expected drama when they found out killing Pito in-game would probably directly kill her in real life. Even just a 'haha, I wasn't wearing a Nervegear, I was just calm' or 'Nervegear doesn't kill people unless the game is specifically programmed for that' would be fine, but it's just completely ignored.
If I recall correctly, the NerveGear's capacity to kill was only because of how the original SAO was programmed. My speculation is that Pito is using one so she can continue playing with reckless abandon because it doesn't have the Amusphere's automatic safety logout features.
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-02, 20:04   Link #30
Proto
Knowledge is the solution
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: St. Louis, MO
Age: 33
Quote:
Why was this never touched upon again? I fully expected drama when they found out killing Pito in-game would probably directly kill her in real life. Even just a 'haha, I wasn't wearing a Nervegear, I was just calm' or 'Nervegear doesn't kill people unless the game is specifically programmed for that' would be fine, but it's just completely ignored.
In the original series they do mention that a normal nervegear won't kill you under normal use. It is just that the thresholds for pain and nervous stimulation are much higher than the amusphere.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-03, 04:19   Link #31
zeross87
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
donít know, since both SJ1 and SJ2 to me seems about the same, and so is the next two arcs more or less. if you like the story so far, you should have no problem, if you donít like what they cover in the anime, then you shouldnít bother.
Well for exemple I prefered the first hide inside a case to surprise the enemy, and the first llen fight in sj2 were she handle those guys in crazy succession. The last fight against pito with the cut my wrist and Iíll bite her to death was too over the top. I donít reaaaly like p-Chan talking either and would have preferred it to be a one time kind.
For me sj1 was a fun watch because it wasnít serious until the very end, and sj2 was boring because of the suicide talk.

What I really hated is the whole pito will suicide, the way har craziness was portrayed, her sith lord impersonation... in fact I think I just really dislike pito as a character and her story. That what completely ruined the second half for me. She seem to (rather abruptly) recover from her craziness suicidal way after sj2 in the anime sooo maybe.
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-03, 13:51   Link #32
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hic et ubique
It had its weak spots, and the premise was a bit dicy for the second half, but without Kirito, I enjoyed this.
__________________
Infinite Zenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-03, 14:53   Link #33
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeross87 View Post
What I really hated is the whole pito will suicide, the way har craziness was portrayed, her sith lord impersonation... in fact I think I just really dislike pito as a character and her story. That what completely ruined the second half for me. She seem to (rather abruptly) recover from her craziness suicidal way after sj2 in the anime sooo maybe.
I liked the Pito that was trolling the guys taking the game seriously. I could really have done without her trying to turn it into a death game.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-03, 19:08   Link #34
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Doing Anzu's paperwork.
Age: 32
I'm amused at how LLENN accidentally'd into such a vicious PVPer. There was a point where she could have stopped, could have walked away, and not become the pink demon...

...but she's clearly long past that point lol. Still amused at how utterly oblivious she is to how people see her.

Also this endng was so yuri. This now makes 8 people for Karen's harem (Miyu, Elsa, the smols).
__________________
One must forgive one's enemies, but not before they are hanged.Heinrich Heine.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-03, 21:26   Link #35
human6861
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDZ View Post
So I just watched the final episode, and there is one thing that bothers me.



Why was this never touched upon again? I fully expected drama when they found out killing Pito in-game would probably directly kill her in real life. Even just a 'haha, I wasn't wearing a Nervegear, I was just calm' or 'Nervegear doesn't kill people unless the game is specifically programmed for that' would be fine, but it's just completely ignored.
The current gears kick you out when you get serious stress , for example like when Karen get her tall women trauma
Nervegear don't do it , it keep you online no matter how stress you are .
human6861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-05, 01:45   Link #36
Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
A Random Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Philippines
Just finished watching the final ep, and I gotta say, I enjoyed this series way more than the main story (the obvious absent Kirito the main reason). The story's short but get's to the point, the action's very fun to watch, the characters are loveable, and overall it has a satisfying ending (yuri ftw)
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/7aOL93u.jpg
Ryuuoh DeltaPlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-07, 02:34   Link #37
Applehell
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Well this was certainly better than SAO for me, but overall on it's own merits I largely found it decent. Not the season's magnum opus, but a fun action romp nonetheless.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-07, 05:25   Link #38
Haak
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeross87 View Post
What I really hated is the whole pito will suicide, the way har craziness was portrayed, her sith lord impersonation... in fact I think I just really dislike pito as a character and her story. That what completely ruined the second half for me. She seem to (rather abruptly) recover from her craziness suicidal way after sj2 in the anime sooo maybe.
I heavily agree. I think the story really jumped the shark after the first Jam and all the craziness was a real turn off. I get that they needed to up the stakes if the overly serious competitive nature of the game were to ever make the slightest bit of sense but I think they just ruined Pitohui's character. M is more debatable though: I just kept laughing at his explanation of how he met Pitohui.
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-11, 13:03   Link #39
ArrowSmith
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Who else thought the characters were too psychopathic and violent? Also I didn't care for the grrrrl power message being hammered home for 12 straight episodes. I didn't like this arc at all.
ArrowSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-11, 22:05   Link #40
rladls2121
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: California(Current).
I actually love SAO series because of its game world settings.
It really makes me wants to play these kinds of games if there is ever such as these in the future some day.
The plot is nothing extraordinary about it, but the games looks fun to me at least.
It is too bad in real life the game such as GGO is reduced to Fatal Bullet.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.