AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Full Metal Panic

Notices

View Poll Results: Full Metal Panic Invisible Victory - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 0 0%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 7.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 7.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 38.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 38.46%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 7.69%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2018-07-13, 00:32   Link #21
Wheeljack83
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: California
I'm glad that scene with Nami was cut. Full Metal Panic is not that type of anime. It never has been.

Doing something like what happened with Hughes in Fullmetal Alchemist is a lot better and more subtle.
__________________
Wheeljack83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-14, 10:16   Link #22
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: JEEEESUS CHRIIIISTOOOOO
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeljack83 View Post

Doing something like what happened with Hughes in Fullmetal Alchemist is a lot better and more subtle.
You mean the train scene? Still, the PS2 games abuse this type of scene.
Mad Pierrot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-14, 18:24   Link #23
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by amehmood16 View Post
It's hard not to have high expectations when Kyoto Animation of all studios did the last season. I agree it gets really annoying comparing the quality but this kind of thing happens unfortunately. That being said, TSR wasn't flawless either. IV has plenty of good things going for it that TSR didn't so it's all a mixed bag. Each FMP series has good things and bad things about it. I do hope they at least work on polishing the episodes for the BD release or something. This episode had major issues, even if the writing was on point.
It's not that KyoAni does such a great job, it's Xebec does such a crappy job. How could the author ever consider selling his anime to them? They always run out of time and crap it up. (I'm looking at you Negima!)

I forget the Anime about working in an animation studio and how the owner overbooks his staff and hires crap directors who push out substandard stuff just to meet deadlines...but it really looks like they were simulating working at Xebec.
__________________
My Favorite Anime Quotes Courtesy of Answerman of ANN:

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-14, 18:48   Link #24
dasvik
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Romania
Send a message via Yahoo to dasvik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
It's not that KyoAni does such a great job, it's Xebec does such a crappy job. How could the author ever consider selling his anime to them? They always run out of time and crap it up. (I'm looking at you Negima!)

I forget the Anime about working in an animation studio and how the owner overbooks his staff and hires crap directors who push out substandard stuff just to meet deadlines...but it really looks like they were simulating working at Xebec.
Well, as in many other cases, we don't know the details. Aside from the fact that in this industry, like in many others, it all probably comes down to money, there might've been other issues. From what I understand, there aren't many studios willing to make mech animes nowadays, for some reason, so maybe Gatoh chose the best one from a bunch of bad ones.
dasvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-14, 18:53   Link #25
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 29
eh? what scene with Nami?

is the show on break now before coming back next season?
__________________
Aria is the best series EVER. Rewatch Origination with me.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-14, 22:34   Link #26
Illsteir
ARX-Fake
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pasig-Cainta Borderline
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
eh? what scene with Nami?
Remember how Tessa telepathically communicated with Kaname during the Behemoth arc? Shortly after her death, Nami communicated with Kaname in her dream. It totally confirms that she is indeed a Whispered. Sigma and the novel has it. The anime may have cut it out due to time constraints.
__________________
Illsteir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-15, 01:44   Link #27
dasvik
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Romania
Send a message via Yahoo to dasvik
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
is the show on break now before coming back next season?
The next 2 episodes will be released on 20th July (or 21st), either individually, or joined like an OVA.

After that, the current season will be over, and there's no info about a new one, just some speculations - aka, it might be another 13 years before we get to see the ending of FMP, for all we know.
dasvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-15, 14:05   Link #28
amehmood16
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasvik View Post
The next 2 episodes will be released on 20th July (or 21st), either individually, or joined like an OVA.

After that, the current season will be over, and there's no info about a new one, just some speculations - aka, it might be another 13 years before we get to see the ending of FMP, for all we know.
I would honestly have them spend time and fix the episodes that looked bad this season for the home video release before we think of a next one. They really need to properly plan and schedule out the next cour so we don't get more production issues like recaps and delays which affects the visual quality.
amehmood16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.