Star-Wing
Covered in Darkness
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Star-Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
http://forums.animesuki.com/group.php?groupid=601

I just opened one up.

Please note that this is a moderated group.
Great!
And moderated to avoid spam?
Old 2010-08-03, 13:38   Link #282
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star-Wing View Post
Great!
And moderated to avoid spam?
I don't know how the moderation in this forum works, but I did set it up for invitation only.

How do I send requests/invites?
Old 2010-08-03, 13:48   Link #283
Star-Wing
Covered in Darkness
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I don't know how the moderation in this forum works, but I did set it up for invitation only.

How do I send requests/invites?
From what I gather, I don't think you have to send requests or anything. When someone wants to join the group, they click join, and then a request goes to the mod to accept or reject the join request. I have already sent my request (it's been quite a time), and now you have to accept/reject it. Maybe the message-of-request is in your notifications or something.
Plus, I think at least 2 mods should be there to manage all the stuff in case one's away for a day or so;D
Old 2010-08-03, 14:28   Link #284
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

To invite someone to the group, go down to the bottom of the group page and click "Pending & Invited Members" and go from there.
Old 2010-08-03, 14:28   Link #285
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
From what I gather, I don't think you have to send requests or anything. When someone wants to join the group, they click join, and then a request goes to the mod to accept or reject the join request. I have already sent my request (it's been quite a time), and now you have to accept/reject it. Maybe the message-of-request is in your notifications or something.
Plus, I think at least 2 mods should be there to manage all the stuff in case one's away for a day or so;D
You are in.
Old 2010-08-03, 14:47   Link #286
Star-Wing
Covered in Darkness
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
You are in.
Yay, finall! Thanks.
Ok, we need a group pic. Shall we upload something simple or shall we try adding some effects? Or animate it?
Maybe a simple pic for now and then another one later will do ^.^ Anyways, I am off to sleep in a few mins...
Old 2010-08-03, 14:59   Link #287
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Yay, finall! Thanks.
Ok, we need a group pic. Shall we upload something simple or shall we try adding some effects? Or animate it?
Maybe a simple pic for now and then another one later will do ^.^ Anyways, I am off to sleep in a few mins...
We'll start off with something simple, since I'm not an art guy.
Old 2010-08-04, 12:55   Link #288
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

I'm in. I could talk GW forever.
Old 2010-08-06, 08:55   Link #289
wingzerosnuggles

Cuz when I'm bored, spoof!dub happens. No idea why but it's been a very 2xH week for me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkRQsRba77c

And also...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKjdESI_gOY

I still say those two were totally sleeping together in-series. *shrugs*
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 11:32   Link #290
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post
Cuz when I'm bored, spoof!dub happens. No idea why but it's been a very 2xH week for me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkRQsRba77c

And also...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKjdESI_gOY

I still say those two were totally sleeping together in-series. *shrugs*
They definitely were. Had the creators not tried to keep things ambiguous, there definitely would have been a kiss somewhere in the scene used for your second video.
Old 2010-08-06, 12:31   Link #291
wingzerosnuggles

You mean the first one, right? The second one is the one with the song and Hilde's pretty much portrayed as getting beat up by MS in that one.

Yeah, I'm sure they would have been more explicit but they had to try and keep all the demographics happy. *shrugs*
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-07, 18:03   Link #292
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post
You mean the first one, right? The second one is the one with the song and Hilde's pretty much portrayed as getting beat up by MS in that one.

Yeah, I'm sure they would have been more explicit but they had to try and keep all the demographics happy. *shrugs*
Yep, meant first video.

It's a double edged sword. The relative ambiguous romance in the show has contributed greatly to GW's lasting popularity but also opened room for senseless debate. Still love GW though.
Old 2010-08-07, 18:12   Link #293
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Just like all 50 episode Gundams, it overstayed its welcome. It was ok to have 2 episodes per character and some action in between but it became too 1 episode per each character, 3 times over and got rather boring.
And not a single kiss...
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-07, 18:20   Link #294
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
Just like all 50 episode Gundams, it overstayed its welcome. It was ok to have 2 episodes per character and some action in between but it became too 1 episode per each character, 3 times over and got rather boring.
And not a single kiss...
I disagree it got boring but to everyone is entitled to their opinions.
Old 2010-08-07, 20:44   Link #295
Star-Wing
Covered in Darkness
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
And not a single kiss...
Totally not agree. As Elo said in the last post, the ambiguity of GW has fed a lot to it's popularity. The fact they didn't show any intimate stuff was cuz originally, the series was planned to be on politics (and turned out soooo good!). Besides the subtle interaction between the characters is new, refreshing (and addicting, to me). Personally, I find the number of episodes per character to be lacking & missing for some characters(again, due to ambiguity...). I could watch 300 GW episodes and still want more:P!!

I know you are entitled to your opinion, it's just that I love GW so much, I had to say something Just expressing my opinions, don't take it in a wrong way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
I disagree it got boring but to everyone is entitled to their opinions.
I agree it didn't get boring :P
Old 2010-08-07, 20:53   Link #296
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Just ignore roriconfan, guys--he's never had anything constructive to say about Gundam and I doubt he ever will.
Old 2010-08-08, 00:47   Link #297
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Totally not agree. As Elo said in the last post, the ambiguity of GW has fed a lot to it's popularity. The fact they didn't show any intimate stuff was cuz originally, the series was planned to be on politics (and turned out soooo good!). Besides the subtle interaction between the characters is new, refreshing (and addicting, to me). Personally, I find the number of episodes per character to be lacking & missing for some characters(again, due to ambiguity...). I could watch 300 GW episodes and still want more:P!!

I know you are entitled to your opinion, it's just that I love GW so much, I had to say something Just expressing my opinions, don't take it in a wrong way.

I agree it didn't get boring :P
Not too sure how much politics they wanted in the show originally but I love how it turned out too. The episodes involving Romefeller and the colonies were among my favorites partly because of the politics.

Agreed. While pretty much everyone got their time to shine, certain characters(Relena(yes, her) and Wufei) went too many episodes without so much as a cameo in my opinion.
Old 2010-08-08, 03:20   Link #298
Star-Wing
Covered in Darkness
*Graphic Designer

^
Yea, I love how it turned out too <3

Oh, and not to mention Trowa, Lady Une, Hilde...and so many others too.
Old 2010-08-09, 04:51   Link #299
DarkLordOfkichiku

Ah, Gundam Wing. My first Gundam Series . It's not the very best Gundam series IMHO, but it's not at the bottom of the list either. If one'd divide the series up in three parts, then I'd say that the first and last parts were the most interesting ones, whereas the middle part of it felt somewhat dull . Nonetheless, they managed to make things quite interesting late in the series and it was hard to say that one was NOT satisfied at the end .

Plus, of course, the series also had the probably most awesome Magnificent Bastard ever in the form of Treize. Not to mention my favourite Gundam of all time - Epyon!
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 14:48   Link #300
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Ah, Gundam Wing. My first Gundam Series . It's not the very best Gundam series IMHO, but it's not at the bottom of the list either. If one'd divide the series up in three parts, then I'd say that the first and last parts were the most interesting ones, whereas the middle part of it felt somewhat dull . Nonetheless, they managed to make things quite interesting late in the series and it was hard to say that one was NOT satisfied at the end .

Plus, of course, the series also had the probably most awesome Magnificent Bastard ever in the form of Treize. Not to mention my favourite Gundam of all time - Epyon!
Indeed. "Scenario for Bloodshed" will always be my favorite GW episode in large part because of Treize's masterstroke and this image and the music: