Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-03, 07:23   Link #201
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molenir View Post
Ah well, I did otherwise enjoy Episode 4. Though the whole don't move while I kill you or else I'll kill the one you have to protect. Oh I'll kill him once I kill you, but you still have to hold still... Thats always stupid, but at least it was dealt with quickly.
Well, if you do hold still it would mean that the one you are trying to protect will have a slightly longer life
It is another thing overused but in cases like these I don't see how a weaker villain would otherwise have protected herself, it isn't like they are all honorable and go without fighting underhandedly. It's something you have to accept that blackmailing is a common thing (and also the person who it is being done to, I'd say that Kou would be more likely to stay still than Kuu).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-05-04, 11:14   Link #202
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well episode 4 continued the running tradition of this show to have fun interactions and some plot/character development for the first 2/3rds then throwing random poorly done Rock/Paper/Scissor elemental fights in at the end...

Just a shame they can't either lay off the fights for an episode or at the least integrate them into the flow of the show instead of being tacked on at the tail end...meh. Still
<3 Kou dragon scales and all.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2008-05-04, 13:48   Link #203
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Spoiler for Episode 5 of Wagaya No Oinari-sama:

Last edited by margafred; 2008-05-04 at 16:18.
Old 2008-05-04, 14:52   Link #204
Molenir

Quote:
Well, if you do hold still it would mean that the one you are trying to protect will have a slightly longer lifeIt is another thing overused but in cases like these I don't see how a weaker villain would otherwise have protected herself, it isn't like they are all honorable and go without fighting underhandedly. It's something you have to accept that blackmailing is a common thing (and also the person who it is being done to, I'd say that Kou would be more likely to stay still than Kuu).
Definitely is overused. And throwing in changes to these overused plot devices is one of the things that separates poor and average animes from great ones.

I know its not anime, but have you seen the movie Serenity? There is a scene where the good guy is confronting the bad guy, and the bad guy says, I just want to talk, I'm not threatening you, I'm not armed...

Whereupon the good guy says "Good" Pulls out his gun and shoots the bad guy. No endless dialog, no rambling about the evil plan etc. Just bam.

Of course the bad guy then jumps on the good guy and says "I am of course wearing full body armor, I'm not a moron." And the fight begins.

The point though is, that these kind of things can easily be done differently to give them a unique and different feel. And shows that manage to do this are quite simply better.
Old 2008-05-04, 16:05   Link #205
U<3Anime
Boo!

Kuu-chan's hair.....

Darth Vader: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Why the heck do they have to do that........seriously. I have this many times where the they have to butcher a female character's hair. Sometimes it makes the character look better (Aika from Aria), but worst most of the time (Lina lee, Asuka from cyber formula, and Talho).

O well, I guess it's not that bad could have been worse, but Kuu-chan grows her hair long back soon >_>
Old 2008-05-04, 16:07   Link #206
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep5:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-05-04, 16:24   Link #207
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Tangowr didn't post this novel image in his post on the first page,and since it is related to today's episode,so i just post it in here.

*sorry Tangowr*

Spoiler for Ku-chan doing the Mitamaokuri ritual:

Spoiler for Ku-chan and Kou shopping:
Old 2008-05-04, 16:37   Link #208
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Molenir ~ I agree that they could have used a more original idea than having a hostage, but then again, this series isn't trying hard to become special nor do I see that it needs to. Basically speaking, I am fine with it as it is now

ep 5
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2008-05-04, 17:32   Link #209
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Spoiler for ep5:
As for inarizushi, margafred, "Inari" is the Shinto fox-god, who is supposed to like inarizushi, according to Wikipedia.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-05-04, 23:01   Link #210
U<3Anime
Boo!

When we will get to see this?......

Last edited by U<3Anime; 2008-05-06 at 15:29.
Old 2008-05-05, 04:36   Link #211
Bloodseeker

*Megami poster reminds him of this show*

I was planning on following this prior to the season starting (mostly for female Kuu), but its been a few weeks, and so far, the only things that I've really heard said about it are "decent", "meh", "crap", and "almost no fanservice". It doesn't seem like anyone is really, REALLY enjoying it.

Well, ANN's critics liked it, IIRC, but those are ANN's critics. Their words have never really held much weight with me.

...And now that Kuu has short hair, that's a little less incentive to start watching. (not that she doesn't look hot with shorter hair, but its still a downgrade)
Old 2008-05-05, 05:26   Link #212
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Well, I've grown to not trust other people's opinion on series as they can be misleading. Even the general comments like "this is good" or "this is bad" may not necessarily count for you as you may have different tastes. Like for me, this series isn't trying to be anything special but I really enjoy watching it. It is just better to try it out for yourself before making a decision (especially when you've shown some interest in it in the first place).

Old 2008-05-05, 05:56   Link #213
Tiberium Wolf

Watch a few eps. If you enjoy watching then continue if not stop. Nothing more simply than this. Don't go reading other ppl opinion and make assumptions without watching it yourself.
Old 2008-05-05, 06:13   Link #214
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by U<3Anime View Post
When we will get to see this?......

soon. now that they are through with the miyako scene. Also for those of you worried about the hair. you won't have to worry for long she grows it back pretty quickly. In the novel it took Kuu about a week or 2 to get her hair back.
Old 2008-05-05, 08:19   Link #215
arkxkra
全力全開

Spoiler for ep5:
Old 2008-05-06, 00:50   Link #216
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Spoiler:
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2008-05-07, 15:59   Link #217
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

In regards to subbed EP4:

Until now I though she was a quite boring character, but after this episode I take everything back I ever thought/said/saw bad about Kou. Here water techniques simply amazed me this episode Best moment when the earth was shaking due to her powering up.

Yes, if this continues I am walking the path of a Kou fanboy.

Last edited by Eisdrache; 2008-05-07 at 16:27.
Old 2008-05-07, 23:08   Link #218
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
In regards to subbed EP4:

Until now I though she was a quite boring character, but after this episode I take everything back I ever thought/said/saw bad about Kou. Here water techniques simply amazed me this episode Best moment when the earth was shaking due to her powering up.

Yes, if this continues I am walking the path of a Kou fanboy.
Indeed, she is so much more likable when you consider how powerful she or who she is and then you relate her back to the same person who pwns kitchen ware on a daily basis and the random "who's down there in the drawer" moment. you just can't help but to lol at how random it is. But Kuu is still Number 1!!!
Old 2008-05-07, 23:23   Link #219
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
Indeed, she is so much more likable when you consider how powerful she or who she is and then you relate her back to the same person who pwns kitchen ware on a daily basis and the random "who's down there in the drawer" moment. you just can't help but to lol at how random it is. But Kuu is still Number 1!!!
Nwaanii?! Misaki is number 1!! >_<

1. Misaki
2. Kou
3. Miyako
4. Kuu/Ebisu
5. Pea Demon
6. Takagami Papa
7. Noboru/Tooru
8. Hashi-hime/ep1 demon

*nods*

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-05-08, 06:08   Link #220
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Nwaanii?! Misaki is number 1!! >_<

1. Misaki
2. Kou
3. Miyako
4. Kuu/Ebisu
5. Pea Demon
6. Takagami Papa
7. Noboru/Tooru
8. Hashi-hime/ep1 demon

*nods*

Now i think about it you might be right.............
orz
Closed Thread

Tags
genderbender, kemonomimi, miko, shounen, supernatural