4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-12-21, 08:56   Link #241
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I don't think it is teleportation, it is afterimage, something like a hologram. With Trans-Am and Raiser, he is able to project a holographic image, then since Revive is having his focus solely on the target, Setsuna could just move away with ease.

It seems that Setsuna likes cross-slashing things, he did the same to the meteor what he did to Zwei's Buster Sword back in S1.

I would like to see the GN archer in action.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 08:58   Link #242
Kelrys
Same old same

Send a message via AIM to Kelrys Send a message via MSN to Kelrys
So the Gadessa became a mass-produced suit?
Kelrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 09:00   Link #243
Ardi220288
Rooaaarrrr

just for the innovator
Ardi220288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 09:02   Link #244
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I don't think it is teleportation, it is afterimage, something like a hologram. With Trans-Am and Raiser, he is able to project a holographic image, then since Revive is having his focus solely on the target, Setsuna could just move away with ease.
I'm fairly certain it's a form of teleportation. You can clearly see the 00 raiser reforming out of GN particles after the second time he does it.
Old 2008-12-21, 09:02   Link #245
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelrys View Post
So the Gadessa became a mass-produced suit?
I don't think so, because it looks like Healing Care is the pilot for the one that appears in the preview. It's just an Innovator's suit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
I'm fairly certain it's a form of teleportation. You can clearly see the 00 raiser reforming out of GN particles after the second time he does it.
I'm gonna go with afterimage. Two reasons are:

1) It's been done before in the franchise, and it makes more sense.

2) Setsuna didn't do anything to activate the teleportation, and at the same time it's not like he'd know about it. Though saying that, it could have been left out of this episode and it's something we'll learn about at a later date. Still, i'm gonna go with afterimage for now.
Old 2008-12-21, 09:04   Link #246
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Yup, think of that as the case too. People seemed to think that the 00 Gundam became GN Particles and then reassembled itself when one point makes this doubtful: when the 00 Raiser's copy was stabbed, the GN Particles went to the back of the Gadessa, but the 00 Raiser appeared to its left, as Revive's head turn indicates. Also, if that is a teleport then it's far too... slow to be one. The 00 seemed to move faster against Mr. Bushido in episode 7 than it did here, since it seemed to move only in short distances.

My own take is that the amount of GN Particles created is so great that the 00 Raiser can basically use its GN Cloaking in combat, and thus use it to create afterimages while remaining undetected until it's ready to strike. Kinda like the Doppleganger ability in DoTA. If you notice the 00 Raiser was actually ejecting GN Particles as it was "reforming", if it was "recomposing" itself like people think then it'd be building itself up from GN Particles rather than the other way around. That, and the effect of the recomposition looks similar to the GN Optical Camouflage.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 09:05   Link #247
Killer Tomato

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM View Post
The war started before episode 1 and CB is going to end it.
It's not like one side is all goody-goody and the other is evil.

Bringing this back to the original point, Saji did have a reason for punching Setsuna; probably in the spur of the moment. Setsuna probably understands it, which is why he hasn't fought back. It's not like Setsuna's in the wrong though. He's doing all he can to fix what's gone wrong. Same for Saji. To say one is justified in hitting the other is just too judgmental. From their respective POVs, I think one can understand them.
Killer Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 09:14   Link #248
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardi220288 View Post
credit for his battle tactic but not for his battle skill. of course unless he beat Lyle one on one.
We will never know, since Lyle has a Haro on board.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 09:21   Link #249
Galerian

In all honesty:

This one encounter might not justify to proclaim Patrick the better pilot. And of course the headpunch was again comic relief. It did probably saved his life again though

Still, we finally get to see again that Patrick is an excellent pilot. Given his experience Patrick SHOULD be the better pilot imo though. His action vs Lyle this episode show that he has the skill and wit to go head to head against a gundam and come out on top. We can only wonder what would have happened if Lyle and Patrick would truly go 1 on 1.

Patrick rules though!
Galerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 09:27   Link #250
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Yup, think of that as the case too. People seemed to think that the 00 Gundam became GN Particles and then reassembled itself when one point makes this doubtful: when the 00 Raiser's copy was stabbed, the GN Particles went to the back of the Gadessa, but the 00 Raiser appeared to its left, as Revive's head turn indicates. Also, if that is a teleport then it's far too... slow to be one. The 00 seemed to move faster against Mr. Bushido in episode 7 than it did here, since it seemed to move only in short distances.

My own take is that the amount of GN Particles created is so great that the 00 Raiser can basically use its GN Cloaking in combat, and thus use it to create afterimages while remaining undetected until it's ready to strike. Kinda like the Doppleganger ability in DoTA. If you notice the 00 Raiser was actually ejecting GN Particles as it was "reforming", if it was "recomposing" itself like people think then it'd be building itself up from GN Particles rather than the other way around. That, and the effect of the recomposition looks similar to the GN Optical Camouflage.
You don't actually see where the particles go to. It cuts away right after to Ribbons. All you see is they move towards the back then when it comes back you see the particles completely spread out and disappear. It takes a good 3-5 secs of Revive looking confused before the 00 Raiser appears on his radar. Teleport don't have to be instantaneous and the particles seem to take a bit to reform.

The particles are seem to be gathering around to reform and still producing from the drive at the same time. Once it reformed the GN drive I imagine would still be producing GN particles also with the particles reforming the 00 raiser. The effect of elongating the cockpit right before Revive attacks leads me more to believe in some sort of transporting also.
Old 2008-12-21, 09:32   Link #251
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

While I generally agree with this assessment, the weird thing is that when the 00 got "stabbed", we see Setsuna looking shocked... which is kinda weird if it was planned.

It does look like that the 00 can use both cloaking and 3D image projection in combat. We've seen both techniques used before - just not in combat.

On a side note, it's nice to see that the A-Laws grunts can still dodge shots from the 00 - it's no aim-bot. The 00-Riser downed "about 10 units" on it's first outing.

The thing I found a bit curious was that they didn't show the 00's ability to deflect / dispel particle attacks that we saw on its first outing. Maybe they're saving it for a special moment in the next ep. Like, when we see Memento Mori firing at Ptolemaios in the preview - maybe the 00 will jump in and do it's funky thing. ie, deflect a blast from a super weapon
Old 2008-12-21, 09:32   Link #252
black_cat1

Quote:
We can only wonder what would have happened if Lyle and Patrick would truly go 1 on 1.
With GN vulcan and GN Bit, I think Lockon will win
black_cat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 09:45   Link #253
Galerian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_cat1 View Post
With GN vulcan and GN Bit, I think Lockon will win
Undoubtedly. But we talking pilots here, not shiny guns....eventhough there are a lot of shiny guns
Galerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 09:57   Link #254
Killer Tomato

Well, Patrick IS an ace, after all...we already know that from the very beginning of season 1 episode 1. So it won't be that surprising if he can get the upper hand over any of the Gundam Meisters.
Killer Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 10:01   Link #255
wtfftw

This ep was great when it came to the 00 and 0riser.

However Saji & Louise has gone yo another BS lvl. They should just scrap them off the show. Fucking emo retards are pissing me off. I bet they are just in the show to be annoying. I dont see any value in them in the show.

emo schoolkids

Andrei is right
wtfftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 10:08   Link #256
black_cat1

Quote:
So it won't be that surprising if he can get the upper hand over any of the Gundam Meisters.
I doubt it. Setsuna , Alle, Tieria are aces too and they are truly better than Patrick.
black_cat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 10:10   Link #257
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
While I generally agree with this assessment, the weird thing is that when the 00 got "stabbed", we see Setsuna looking shocked... which is kinda weird if it was planned.
My take is that the phenomenon was an aftereffect of having so much GN Particles that it basically performed itself while resembling the effect I described above. Basically, the afterimage taken to the next level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
What do you mean with "second time"? I can see just one teleportation in the episode, and that is at the point, where the 00 get pierced by Gadessa's beamsaber.

Afterwards the 00 hits it, and he tries to counter, but just hits the smoke from the previous explosion. Then 00 finishes him off and shortly after the Trans-Am expires.
The second time Revive tries to slash the 00 after his initial shock, there is a shot which shows the 00 Raiser "reforming" behind the Gadessa, which is the scene we're talking about.

Another point against the teleport... why did it take so long for the 00 to reappear on the Gadessa's sensors, considering that it moved only a short distance away?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 10:12   Link #258
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I doubt it. Setsuna , Alle, Tieria are aces too and they are truly better than Patrick.
Let's not have a "X is better then X" conversation when we don't really know for sure. It's just a childish argument when you don't have any source to back up your statement.
Old 2008-12-21, 10:15   Link #259
HazardNights

Send a message via AIM to HazardNights Send a message via MSN to HazardNights Send a message via Yahoo to HazardNights
Quote:
They fight for the future and defeat Innovator. Re-watch ep 11 when Tieria told them about Innovator
Not really. They are simply trying to clean up the mess they caused. They are the direct reason the A-Laws came into being. The world as imperfect and messed up as it was wasn't chaotic before CB showed up. When they did, trying to enforce their will on the entire world, they caused nothing but chaos and even more death and destruction by destabilizing entire nations. They've never been fighting for THE future but the desires of one dead person not really carrying about the true consequences of their actions.

In the end they have to pay for this. At least they have said a few times that they know this has to happen and they deserve for it to happen to them. The Innovators and the A-Laws are a new group of bad guys but that doesn't make CB and the Gundam team "good" as a result. They just happen to be the lesser "evil/bad" of the bads. They still deserve and need to be taken down in the end.
HazardNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 10:26   Link #260
LordStrike
Gundam Meister

dunno about you people but i can see this face 10000 times XD

Spoiler for the million dollar face XD:
LordStrike is offline   Reply With Quote