Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-03-18, 13:47   Link #21
pulpwin
マギ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginrai1984 View Post
actually no it isn't!the manga has currently 5 volumes and is licenced in the france by panini!

unfortunately i don't speak french so otherwise this would have been on my reading list!
Erm, no. It's an original BONES series.
pulpwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 04:36   Link #22
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginrai1984 View Post
actually no it isn't!the manga has currently 5 volumes and is licenced in the france by panini!

unfortunately i don't speak french so otherwise this would have been on my reading list!
Got a reference link for it to verify that? Or contrarily, anyone have a press release reference to asserts BONES originality?
Old 2009-03-19, 05:11   Link #23
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

It's an original series, according to ANN.
qmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 07:56   Link #24
ZODDGUTS

Maybe he thought it was this manga that this series was based on:

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=13106

It deals with the same thing. Would have liked that were true though it's quite good it deals with alot of aspects when it comes to humanity when there's a disaster both the good and bad... don't think that this series though will go to deeply into that bad aspect of humanity unless there willing to do scenes of rape and people getting killed/murdered/suicide.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 08:51   Link #25
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
don't think that this series though will go to deeply into that bad aspect of humanity unless there willing to do scenes of rape and people getting killed/murdered/suicide.
Are you the same guy that posted the article on ANN?
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 09:59   Link #26
Slice of Life
eyewitness

I'm still angry at Bones for teasing us with pseudo-mysteries in Darker Than Black without delivering in the end and I dropped Xam'd early because it seemed to repeat DTB's faults.

Now this here looks like an extreme but realistic setting. Which means the anime can't make the same mistakes by construction and Bones can play out their strengths this time. Plus, I always liked desaster movies but hated their Hollywood morale. An anime might handle the topic better.

All in all, this seems to have a lot of potential. I'm looking forward to this.
Old 2009-03-19, 10:20   Link #27
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Am I the only one to be immediately reminded of The Sinking of Japan (2006)?

Quote:
In the aftermath of a major earthquake, global scientists predict that Japan will sink within 40 years due to a collision of tectonic plates. The Prime Minister puts into place a massive plan for the exodus of the nation’s entire population. However, Dr Tadokoro, the head of a Japanese scientific team, finds out the truth: Japan will not sink in the next 40 years, but in the next 339 days! As the cataclysmic events unfold, Dr Tadokoro assembles a team of scientists to attempt the impossible – save the nation before it’s too late.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 12:02   Link #28
monir
cho~ kakkoii

While considering a Bones' original has been anything but original in the recent years, this latest attempt at original seems kind of original. The poster that is featured in the website and the trailer looks very interesting. The possibility of an earthquake measuring 8.0 in the Richter Scale doesn't seem too far off considering the location is Tokyo.

edit: The poster is added in the opening post. Thanks for the thread Duckroll!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 12:17   Link #29
wao
OK.

This I am so going to remember to watch. Even if it's just 1 or 2 episodes. When do you see an anime about an earthquake in a non-fantastic world?... I don't mind if the production is sub-par, even (and Bones' sub-par isn't that bad anyway) Sounds more interesting than Higashi no Eden - something more unusual.

Also, I have absolutely no clue whatsoever about Kinema Citrus (didn't even realise they existed), but it probably doesn't get its name from Masaki Tachibana... right? Of course not.

And if this was based on a manga I'm pretty sure they'd have mentioned it on the official site :/ Now why does the trailer not work for me...
Old 2009-03-20, 04:20   Link #30
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
While considering a Bones' original has been anything but original in the recent years, this latest attempt at original seems kind of original. The poster that is featured in the website and the trailer looks very interesting. The possibility of an earthquake measuring 8.0 in the Richter Scale doesn't seem too far off considering the location is Tokyo.

edit: The poster is added in the opening post. Thanks for the thread Duckroll!

Ah, but the subject matter isn't apparently. So maybe the execution will be original.

Either way, I'm watching it. Hopefully, I'll last longer than with Xamdou.
Old 2009-03-20, 05:51   Link #31
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Not original? It's the only anime I can think of that deals with an earthquake and its aftermath next to Chikyuu ga Ugoita Hi. Suspiciously few! Can we settle with "unusual" or "out of the ordinary" then?

The problem with originality is that when you define it strict enough nothing is original anymore - and we can as well delete the word from the dictionary. Before I declare this to be unoriginal I'd like to have a list of anime from the current season with more original themes. It's not long if you ask me.

OK, maybe I'm giving the anime too much credit. After all, the information is still sketchy. Maybe the earthquake is only to deliver the apocalyptic background for the fight of special teenagers charged with ALLCAPS energy against the genetic demons coming from the chiral dimension through holes in space-time opened by the tremors.

In that case the scenario wouldn't be so very original, yes.
Old 2009-03-21, 02:38   Link #32
Proudleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
Not original? It's the only anime I can think of that deals with an earthquake and its aftermath next to Chikyuu ga Ugoita Hi. Suspiciously few! Can we settle with "unusual" or "out of the ordinary" then?

The problem with originality is that when you define it strict enough nothing is original anymore - and we can as well delete the word from the dictionary. Before I declare this to be unoriginal I'd like to have a list of anime from the current season with more original themes. It's not long if you ask me.

OK, maybe I'm giving the anime too much credit. After all, the information is still sketchy. Maybe the earthquake is only to deliver the apocalyptic background for the fight of special teenagers charged with ALLCAPS energy against the genetic demons coming from the chiral dimension through holes in space-time opened by the tremors.

In that case the scenario wouldn't be so very original, yes.
From ANN:

The premise of the project is the 70% or higher possibility that a magnitude 7.0 earthquake will occur in Tokyo in the next 30 years. The anime will depict what would happen if an 8.0 earthquake took place. BONES will attempt to realistically portray the consequences of such a tremor after collecting data on actual earthquakes and interviewing people.

The story will center on Mirai, a middle school freshman girl who goes to Tokyo's artificial Odaiba Island for a robot exhibition with her brother Yutaka at the start of summer vacation. A powerful tremor emanates from an ocean trench, the famed Tokyo Tower and Rainbow Bridge crumble and fall, and the landscape of Tokyo changes in an instant. With the help of a motorcycle delivery woman named Mari who they meet on Odaiba, Mirai and Yutaka strive to head back to their Setagaya home in western Tokyo.

I think we can safely say that this story is nowhere near involving any Genetic Demons.

I'm going to trust Bones with this brief premise of the show -- and that it's a truly original piece of work.
Proudleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 02:53   Link #33
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Of course, I *am* having tiny little whispers of "Grave of the Fireflies" in the back of my mind.... hopefully this work won't send me into a likewise funk.
Old 2009-03-21, 04:12   Link #34
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:

Plus, I always liked desaster movies but hated their Hollywood morale.
1. Shit happens.
2. wtf lol!
3. Moar shit happens.
4. "Mister President. Something is happening".
5. Council with with every militaries and scientists. Excepted that oddball scientist they banned because he said something about an impending disaster. Council happens with people talking out of their ass.
6. Lots moar shit happens.
7. "Oh shit, we may have been wrong! Let's call the banned scientist played by Jeff Goldblum/Sam Neil/Dennis Quaid!"
8. Jeff Goldblum.Sam Neil/Dennis Quaid plays the "I have told you but you did not listen!"
9. Paris/Berlin/Tokyo/Moskow/London get destroyed.
10. Profit.

At least, we won't have this in an anime. I HOPE =P
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 10:53   Link #35
Craymel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proudleaf View Post
From ANN:

The premise of the project is the 70% or higher possibility that a magnitude 7.0 earthquake will occur in Tokyo in the next 30 years. The anime will depict what would happen if an 8.0 earthquake took place. BONES will attempt to realistically portray the consequences of such a tremor after collecting data on actual earthquakes and interviewing people.

The story will center on Mirai, a middle school freshman girl who goes to Tokyo's artificial Odaiba Island for a robot exhibition with her brother Yutaka at the start of summer vacation. A powerful tremor emanates from an ocean trench, the famed Tokyo Tower and Rainbow Bridge crumble and fall, and the landscape of Tokyo changes in an instant. With the help of a motorcycle delivery woman named Mari who they meet on Odaiba, Mirai and Yutaka strive to head back to their Setagaya home in western Tokyo.

I think we can safely say that this story is nowhere near involving any Genetic Demons.

I'm going to trust Bones with this brief premise of the show -- and that it's a truly original piece of work.
Wow! That just makes it so much more scary and real. I actually like that approach. this is a must see for me.
Old 2009-03-22, 07:12   Link #36
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proudleaf View Post
I agree that the danger is small.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
1. Shit happens.
2. wtf lol!
3. Moar shit happens.
4. "Mister President. Something is happening".
5. Council with with every militaries and scientists. Excepted that oddball scientist they banned because he said something about an impending disaster. Council happens with people talking out of their ass.
6. Lots moar shit happens.
7. "Oh shit, we may have been wrong! Let's call the banned scientist played by Jeff Goldblum/Sam Neil/Dennis Quaid!"
8. Jeff Goldblum.Sam Neil/Dennis Quaid plays the "I have told you but you did not listen!"
9. Paris/Berlin/Tokyo/Moskow/London get destroyed.
10. Profit.

At least, we won't have this in an anime. I HOPE =P
You forgot the teenage couple making out that gets killed within the first 10 minutes of the movie.
Old 2009-03-22, 07:25   Link #37
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
You forgot the teenage couple making out that gets killed within the first 10 minutes of the movie.

And you write, "the danger is small." The danger isn't going to remain small if Bones is encouraged with new ideas for originality.

As for the premises of this story, out of the ordinary it is, considering this is a Bones original.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 07:37   Link #38
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:

And the golden rule: Never kill the dog. Confirmed trope in "Armageddon" and "Daylight".
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 13:57   Link #39
solomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post

And you write, "the danger is small." The danger isn't going to remain small if Bones is encouraged with new ideas for originality.

As for the premises of this story, out of the ordinary it is, considering this is a Bones original.
I see you rightfully have high standards monir. However, I think BONES earns credit really just for doing original stuff with good animation in an industry that cranks out insipid manga/dating sim/light novel related trash in an assembly line like way every year.

I admit staying on with BONES shows that I even don't like for the animation (Im an animation nut), but these seems totally unlike what they normally do. Should be very interestingly written.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 15:48   Link #40
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
Also, I have absolutely no clue whatsoever about Kinema Citrus (didn't even realise they existed), but it probably doesn't get its name from Masaki Tachibana... right? Of course not.
You know, you actually made me go back and check the credits for Ryoko's Case Files. Sure enough, the single episode which Kinema Citrus assisted in (episode 9), is not only storyboarded by Masaki Tachibana, but he also worked on keyframes for that episode. For now I think it's safe to assume that Tachibana is behind the studio.

He must have some pretty close friends at BONES though, considering it's not normal at all where a new anime studio starts up and immediately works on the animation production for not just a new movie for another studio's IP, but also a brand new series in collaboration with said studio.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, japan, noitamina, tragedy