AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-08-06, 21:14   Link #1001
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Well Aigomorla, there is a page and the first chapter is half way done. Right here http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...obuna_no_Yabou

Also, Sagara was called a monkey before Nobuna bestow him that name.
rawr... i know but im waiting for the chapters to finish b4 i start reading.
Otherwise i'll think Sagara, was a cross dressing blade dancer, lost in a game MMO world, contracted to be a devil, with a dragon pet, who somehow usurped a god's authority, and has a nickname silver Taurus.

^ if u understand the pun... u can tell which series i am reading.
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 21:15   Link #1002
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey-kun View Post
Uhm I don't know if you guys already know this but the 1st chapter of the Oda Nobuna no Yabou manga was just released on ________ - English of course
Don't mention that website. Considering the group our only translator is in, he would be even less happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
We got a lot in common, I feel the same for my girlfriend and she is the same as me. Isn't relationships grand, the things they make you do.
Reaper. May we never have to meet each other, because even though a I can deal with one yandere, I'm not 1337 enough to deal with a couple of yan-s.
Old 2012-08-06, 21:36   Link #1003
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Reaper. May we never have to meet each other, because even though a I can deal with one yandere, I'm not 1337 enough to deal with a couple of yan-s.
*Stands behind Athena with her katana*

Orly?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 21:47   Link #1004
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

We don't pounce on people, as long as they know where the "boundaries" are then no trouble. Athena if we do meet, I think I will treat you to a rib eye steak dinner, I am confident in my cooking.

Oh and we getting a tad off topic, though it is fun to learn about people. We should start a new discussion, but no ideas are hitting me right now.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2012-08-06 at 22:03.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 22:20   Link #1005
willx
Nyaaan~~

So my bright idea is - what if Sagara had even a bit of technical knowledge..

He could bring the invention of "flintlocks" to Japan vs. Matchlocks! Imagine! Unaffected by rain! Discuss!
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 22:24   Link #1006
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
*Stands behind Athena with her katana*

Orly?
Drop the katana and use the box cutter. xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 22:24   Link #1007
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Drop the katana and use the box cutter. xD
*Takes out the chainsaw*

Come again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
So my bright idea is - what if Sagara had even a bit of technical knowledge..

He could bring the invention of "flintlocks" to Japan vs. Matchlocks! Imagine! Unaffected by rain! Discuss!
Monkey does not have the technological knowledge or brain for that. Impossible, I would say.

Even if he had such knowledge, the flintlock is a terrible idea. Better to use the percussion lock.
Old 2012-08-06, 22:44   Link #1008
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
*Takes out the chainsaw*

Come again?

Monkey does not have the technological knowledge or brain for that. Impossible, I would say.

Even if he had such knowledge, the flintlock is a terrible idea. Better to use the percussion lock.
Lulz, boxcutter + chainsaw.. reminds me so much of one of my first introductions to Yandere's.. Shuffle!

Well, I'm just using flintlocks as an example because the concept was so simple. My other thought was what about the paper bullets concept that people also used? Or even speak to some blacksmiths/gunsmiths and mention the concept of a "revolver" !
Old 2012-08-06, 22:46   Link #1009
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

can somebody remind me of what year(s) is this era?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 22:49   Link #1010
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Lulz, boxcutter + chainsaw.. reminds me so much of one of my first introductions to Yandere's.. Shuffle!

Well, I'm just using flintlocks as an example because the concept was so simple. My other thought was what about the paper bullets concept that people also used? Or even speak to some blacksmiths/gunsmiths and mention the concept of a "revolver" !
I wonder how many Japanese high school student would know the method of making paper cartridges, like needing three separate layers of different types of paper.

I'll state this simply: There will be no revolutionary changes to guns at this stage, for the technological infrastructure does not exist.

Quote:
Spoiler for If you mean the latest volume:
Old 2012-08-06, 22:53   Link #1011
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
battle of Okehazama was supposed to take place in 1560
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 22:57   Link #1012
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
I wonder how many Japanese high school student would know the method of making paper cartridges, like needing three separate layers of different types of paper.

topic related
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 22:59   Link #1013
willx
Nyaaan~~

^ Very relevant.

Quote:
Most people would screw up.. I know I would and I'm not a high school student.. but "inventing" something when the end product is already known to be possible should be a tad different no?

I think someone else mentioned in the thread about the possible ramifications if he simply mentioned things such as trench warfare tactics..
Old 2012-08-06, 23:04   Link #1014
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Most people would screw up.. I know I would and I'm not a high school student.. but "inventing" something when the end product is already known to be possible should be a tad different no?
Please explain how what is known means one can easily replicate it.

Quote:
I think someone else mentioned in the thread about the possible ramifications if he simply mentioned things such as trench warfare tactics..
Trench warfare evolved because of the machine gun. In Sengoku Japan, using trench warfare is going to be suicidal because of the more humid climate and the heavier rainfall. Furthermore, in an era of swords and spears, what purpose do trenches serve?
Old 2012-08-06, 23:06   Link #1015
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
*Takes out the chainsaw*

Come again?
i up your box cutter, and turn it into a steam locomotive tank, and just kick start the industrial era 300 years early.

Also repeat the battle of Poland vs Germany which was... panzer tanks vs horse cavalry.. we can guess who won that.
Old 2012-08-06, 23:19   Link #1016
willx
Nyaaan~~

Talking

Quote:
Please explain how what is known means one can easily replicate it.
Ha, well this is meant to be a discussion topic, but I'm happy to simply agree to disagree if you don't buy the premise.

My point is simply knowing about the IDEA of a revolver or a paper bullet means you can work with expert craftsmen to figure out how it could be done. I'm pretty sure now that people have acknowledged he's from the future, they'd be willing to put in the time and effort to make the attempts at least?

I also never said it would be easy, but as I said, you're not "inventing" it so much as taking a concept you know 100% will eventually work, and back solving the steps.

Quote:
Trench warfare evolved because of the machine gun. In Sengoku Japan, using trench warfare is going to be suicidal because of the more humid climate and the heavier rainfall.
I mostly agree with this comment.. and I caveat that, I work in finance and am not a history major, but from what I recall - trench warfare did not develop solely due to the machine gun.. but in general the concept that "firepower >= mobility"

As Nobunaga proved against Katsuyori, a "similar" strategy can be successful even with ranked matchlock fire as long as you have quantity. I would never suggest someone build a network of trenches that would likely to be flooded, but the development of barbed wire and a "no man's land" type of stationary defensive warfare.. I feel like it could work!

Ultimately, the author didn't go this route, and based on your disbelief, it seems like people wouldn't "buy" it -- but I at least thought the idea would be neat!
Old 2012-08-06, 23:23   Link #1017
Sumeragi
Banned

1. Again, Japan does not have the technological background nor the resources to be innovating. Paper production was somewhat limited, iron was of low quality, gun powder had not developed to the point needed. What people in general are ignoring is that what works needs the backing of technology behind it, and without such technological infrastructure, what can work would not work. This is a basic thing any person knowledgeable in technological development would understand.

2. Barbed wire is only possible with the technology needed to make long steel wires, which again isn't possible at this era, especially Japan.
Old 2012-08-06, 23:35   Link #1018
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

he's in highschool.

Assume he even has 2/3rds of the knowledge, im pretty sure he has a general understanding of physics.

A Steam Engine is not complicated.
You use Steam to force push valves, to turn a wheel and create torque.

Imagine the chaos he would bring about if he kicked started the industrial revolution in the 16th century, and not the 19th century like it normally began.
And wait doesnt he have an iphone? cant he ask siri? :P
Old 2012-08-06, 23:44   Link #1019
Sumeragi
Banned

And where would he get the fuel? Wood is too low power, coal mining cannot follow up the demand. Furthermore, the necessary steel pressure containers cannot be produced with the level of steel-making skills of this era.

Really, I'm aghast at how people are taking things for granted here.
Old 2012-08-06, 23:56   Link #1020
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
And where would he get the fuel? Wood is too low power, coal mining cannot follow up the demand. Furthermore, the necessary steel pressure containers cannot be produced with the level of steel-making skills of this era.

Really, I'm aghast at how people are taking things for granted here.
japanese knew how to forge steel.

The hardest part would be flattening and shaping the steel, however with monster strength girls thats not a true issue.

To forge iron into steel, coal is required.
Steel is basically iron smelted with carbon.

So everything is there, the MC needs to just realize its not his future he would change and start innovating.

Also he changed history on construction alone in the creation of that castle.
I bet no one thought about creating a castle that way until the MC told them to.
Infact it took almost 250 years with Kaizer building ships (WW2) to conceive the model he went though to build the castle in 1 night.
Modular parts, and modular assembly was something completely unheard of.

Tags
action, alternate universe, ecchi, fake harem, fantasia bunko, ga bunko, harem, historical, romance, sengoku jidai, shounen, true harem