AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

View Poll Results: Little Busters - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 20 14.08%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 20.42%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 35 24.65%
7 out of 10 : Good 32 22.54%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 7.04%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 2.82%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 4.93%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.70%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 2.82%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-07, 11:59   Link #101
ookamigirl

Cafeteria fight was awesome!!
Flashback to childhood days was nice too.
It explained some things about their group.
That Kyousuke really is a weird guy with all sorts of ideas.
Recruitment for their newly founded baseball team was another weird one.
Guess Kyousuke wants to do something memorable his final year.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2012-10-07, 12:44   Link #102
Vegard Aune

Something occurred to me while watching the ending again...

...Am I the only one noticing something missing here? Unless she just happens to be holding her umbrella upside down, that is.
Old 2012-10-07, 13:14   Link #103
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

This is the kind of vomit inducing lame unfunny hijinks that I was sick of when watching KoiChoco, but at least that anime had at least one element that kept me interested whereas it seems like this story doesn't have anything else to offer.

I'll give it one or two more episodes so I really hope there's more to this show than just this but I'm already certain this show isn't going to be special (Unless it's really bad in which case it'll be the wrong kind of special).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for Comparison to Angel Beats and other Key works:
Spoiler for Comparison to Angel Beats and other Key works:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-10-07 at 13:47. Reason: Added spoiler tags for comparisons
Old 2012-10-07, 13:36   Link #104
Marulash

Well, at least they did the scene with Kyousuke and the quotes. I always found it funny.
Old 2012-10-07, 13:48   Link #105
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I want to remind everyone that you must use spoiler tags when comparing this anime to any other show, including previous Key works. Not everyone has seen these stories and you can't just take for granted that they'll know what they're all about. Please use properly-labelled tags to prevent people from getting inadvertently spoiled.
Old 2012-10-07, 14:04   Link #106
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
^ For the record, that wasn't a spoiler: It's the very premise of the show. Though I probably should've made that clear...
Any comparison to other shows has to be behind spoiler tags, even if it's not a "spoiler". So yes, even the premise. See the Spoiler Policy for more information.
Old 2012-10-07, 14:22   Link #107
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Very good adaption from the game in terms of the story element and characters. A sad little voice in the back of my head was unhappy with the lack of animation, many stills and at times odd character scaling. I'll be watching more though
Old 2012-10-07, 15:00   Link #108
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Mixed reviews of the episode with most of the ratings from 8-10
Old 2012-10-07, 15:25   Link #109
leokiko

Animation was below average(specially on that flashback), but the direction was great, it remained faithful to the VN. BGM was kind of annoying though, specially when Riki was going up the stairs there at the end. Also not happy that they skipped the fight between Rin and Sasami, specially since that would be a good place to show off the animation.

Nevertheless, it was a good episode. I give episode 1 a rating of 7/10.
Old 2012-10-07, 16:14   Link #110
Cloudenvy

Man some frames look... I don't want to say bad, but jebus those fingers bug the crap out of me!
Either way, very faithful to the VN so far which is good. Not much else to say about it, really! Then again, I'm pretty tired right now so maybe I'll have some more to say about it tomorrow.

Last edited by Cloudenvy; 2012-10-07 at 16:36.
Old 2012-10-07, 17:12   Link #111
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Pacing wise, I agree that the first episode is a tad too slow, with some jokes that could have been dropped (like the silly catchphrases), but it is still fine, albeit I can't say it was really engaging due to the flashbacks.
As far as the adaptation went, it delivered what it had to, save could accelerate few points.

What really bothered me however was the animation and the design, really not consistent, which is not a good sign for a first episode. And no, I'm not going to compare it with another studio, I'm going to point out the fact it looks fairly less smooth and detailed than any other "moderate-big budget" show of the same genre and of the same studio (the genre has NOTHING to do with the way how movements are done left and right).

Budget-friendly moves were surely noticeable, such like how minimalistic was the sequence with Rin in the girl dorm (a shame, as the staff went as far as having the exact same SFX and voice "reactions" from the battle, but you just don't see anything).
While the flashbacks were a terrible offender (nearly looking like a clipshow), the general design is quite whacky, as already stated by others people (arms and hands have the short end of a stick), and the animation felt lazy to be frank, especially few simple detail like eye blink (every characters hardly blink at all), or simply the fights: similar to SAO, you don't see the punch/kick in movement, but rather see it already connecting, and a cheap "impact" background.

As for the new seiyuu, well... really, I don't believe Horie was a good choice at all: it is quite evident that she has trouble to keep her voice low outside of the narration, and she sounds as girly as Tomiyasu, or even more.
I think Kugimiya with her Alphonse voice would have worked wonder, but alas, not going to change.
Meanwhile, I can't say Sasami's voice was... clicking the oujou vibes quite well, but that's just me.
And is it me or Komari's seiyuu sounds a little different than before?

Last edited by Klashikari; 2012-10-07 at 17:27.
Old 2012-10-07, 17:56   Link #112
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

The best part about the first episode was that it was really faithful to the VN. Maybe even a bit too much. But as others noted, I wasn't too happy with the animation, especially so considering first episodes are usually the eye-catcher episode. But JCStaff have time to improve, so I wont be too critical.
Old 2012-10-07, 18:29   Link #113
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

JC? I thought Key was working on this, not JC.
Old 2012-10-07, 18:41   Link #114
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
JC? I thought Key was working on this, not JC.
Key Visuals just make visual novels, I believe. Clannad, Air, Kanon, Planetarium, Little Busters and Rewrite are the works they have made. Also they are making a VN of Angel Beats.

KyoAni, P.A. Works and J.C. Staff are the ones in charge of making the anime adaptations of Key's Visual Novels. But, I'm sure Key supervises heavily how the anime studios adapt their visual novels.
Old 2012-10-07, 18:43   Link #115
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Ohhh, okay. This is pretty much the first eroge-turned-anime I've chosen to watch, so I don't know all the details about who does what. I'm used to JC adapting light novels rather than games.
Old 2012-10-07, 18:44   Link #116
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Maybe we should ask GoHands to animate the next twentysomething episodes.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-10-07, 18:48   Link #117
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

Quote:
Ohhh, okay. This is pretty much the first eroge-turned-anime I've chosen to watch, so I don't know all the details about who does what. I'm used to JC adapting light novels rather than games.

Me 2. So far I believe the only VNs they have adapted are this and Tsukihime.
Old 2012-10-07, 19:18   Link #118
PonSquared
A Very Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
I must have been watching the RIGHT shows lately... The shortage of panty shots and boobs flying on my screen was rather... satisfying.
1,000,000% YES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Mixed reviews of the episode with most of the ratings from 8-10
I gave it a 4. Don't know about anyone else, though..?
Old 2012-10-07, 19:52   Link #119
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
So we open up with a girl beating on a guy. Yep, it's JC staff. Why is Okada writing for their other show? Joking-- the guy deserved it, so maybe not.

One thing that caught my eye was that the girls' skirts for a while were extremely short. Clannad and Kanon were already pretty short already, but here? It's not a bad idea, since it does show off Rin's long legs as she starts using her kicks. Why am I even mentioning this? I think I'm just doomed to go after the fighter girl in Key anime. Though she is a bit silly atm; we'll just have to see. But actually neither character that I showed interest in during the previews has shown up yet...

One thing that sets this one apart is that there seems to be not one not two but three guys that are relevant and not just punching bags. They all seem to be a bit more distinct over the stock detached and sarcastic male archtype. Kyousuke seems to reek of epicness, though epic people named Kyousuke leaves a lot of competition.

Overall, aside from the sketchy animation, this is actually a better opener than the last 4 Key anime I've seen. The humor is quick and if you don't get it, that's fine, move on. There's still a lot of the traditional slapstick, but you're not required to get it nor or is it too shoved in your face.
Spoiler for First episodes of the other Key anime:

Sure, it doesn't mean I don't like that kind of thing, but this seems different and more accessible while still being able to identify itself as Key, really.

Normally I'd bash an anime for moving slow on the first episode, but I was never exactly bored. We'll just have to see how the pace picks up.

8/10 for episode 1.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2012-10-07 at 20:03.
Old 2012-10-07, 22:22   Link #120
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Quote:
The original VN was never an eroge.
Closed Thread