Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-08-02, 22:40   Link #921
Strygwyr
Attention Queen killer.
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Where is Ryu's teachings and morale lessons now? It's not about how you win or lose a fight it's about learning and bettering yourself.

Seems all forgot about that and never really "grown as a fighting gamer"
Eh...isn't all gamers try to learn and bettering themselves as a gamer, whatever game it is?

Whether it's racing, fighting, or shooter pretty sure there's gonna be trash talk.

A game is game, people should show sportmanship whatever genre they're playing and competing.

Cool quote though.
Old 2013-08-03, 12:06   Link #922
Westlo
Lets be reality

A poster on Neogaf compiled all the suggestions that Combofiend (On the Challenge Capcom stream episodes) said Capcom USA were sending in to Japan in this dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2z0m0wyd1z60h7i/changes.txt

Not every character was talked about but you'll notice that a few characters have been spot on so far, for instance lets look @ Ken and Chun Li.

Chun-Li

Health increased to 950.
DF+Light Kick (flip kick) back to SSF4 properties for better anti-air.

Hosenka (Ultra 1) better juggle properties so characters will no longer fall out.
Kikosho (Ultra 2) increased damage.
EX Hazanshu given armor breaking properties.

Ken

Crouch MK increase active frames.
Sweep be a little better. (let him combo into it from jab).
more damage on Shinryuken (Ultra 1).
Increased walk speed
(but with slight reduction to kara throw).
U2 horizontal range increased on the start.
HP Shoryuken damage increase.

Bolded changes are confirmed so far, and of course they will/can add things to them, the Japanese side after all has a lot of input. Chun Li's EX fireball knocking down wasn't on Capcom USA's list, or if it was wasn't mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarami View Post
Yeah...about that.

Spoiler for The Glory That is F-Champ "Rolls Eyes":

If that's not a good example of someone people a grade A dick then I don't know what is, since you're your own person with a sense of one's own opinion "shrugs shoulders". It's really saddening how some people can actually support this behavior at all. He's a champion winning player admittingly, but only in skill and not in his mindset or in the heart.

I'm talking about the instance with JSMaster, none of the crap I quoted you saying has anything to do with my post.

I don't like Champ, regardless that JSMaster incident is not a bad look for him, you posting some stupid videos of him that has nothing to do with the specfic instance I'm talking about doesn't change anything in regards to what I was talking about and only proves a lack of reading comprehension on your part.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 19:30   Link #923
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Not sure where to post this... so I figured here is good enough~

Capcom Can't Make Next Gen Fighter
http://gaminrealm.com/2013/10/20/cap...t-gen-fighter/
Old 2013-10-25, 00:57   Link #924
Westlo
Lets be reality

The best gets interesting... again.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofie...-in-ultra-sfiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Not sure where to post this... so I figured here is good enough~

Capcom Can't Make Next Gen Fighter
[url]http://gaminrealm.com/2013/10/20/capcom-cant-make-next-gen-fighter/[/url
I really hope no one believes that, heck they've already confirmed they're working on another fighting game just a day ago, like 4 days after that article was posted.

It's like people forget that SFIV came out a few years into the PS360 gen.
Old 2013-10-25, 01:12   Link #925
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

So the rumors Maximilian talked about the other day were true.

Comment of the day: "Thank God men cannot fly, and lay waste the sky as well as the earth. - Henry David Thoreau

Imagine this Guy's face when hears about what Zangief can do now."
Old 2013-10-27, 21:57   Link #926
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Max's thoughts on the new mechanics in USFIV

Old 2013-10-29, 08:39   Link #927
Westlo
Lets be reality

Looks like the 5th character might be one of the Cammy clone dolls.

Quote:
According to a recent French cast, the fifth character was teased to have their gameplay 'cloned' from an existing character in the cast, and is very similar to two characters from SFA3. The caster ends by saying 'October is a good month, isn't it?'

There's a lot of speculation that this means the new character is Xiayu, one of the dolls, whose name means October:
http://images.wikia.com/streetfighte...ll09-Xiayu.jpg

Quote:
So apparently, the doll leak came from the mouth of Ken Bogard, the french commentator for VS fighting podcast. He said that he got his info from Luffy, a top french player who was at Capcom HQ for some balance testing, along with many other top players.
As a Cammy main, I'm okay with this, also seems like we'll finally get Cammy's alpha costume in game via this method lol. Depending on how nerfed Cammy is and how good Xiayu may be if this is true, might finally break up my Ken and Cammy main/sub usage since vanilla.

Vanilla - Ken/Cammy
Super - Cammy/Ken (omg she got a crossup lol, than after dat Sako da gawd styled with her)
AE - Ken/Cammy
2012 - Cammy/Ken
Ultra - Ken/???? (Ken going to be strong in this version period)
Old 2013-11-22, 03:03   Link #928
Westlo
Lets be reality

First japanese loketest is underway.

List of current changes.

http://www.reddit.com/r/SF4/comments...haracter_info/

Clear winners of this round of changes are Chun Li, Evil Ryu, Guile, Ken, Makoto and Oni.

Makoto being able to hit grounded opponents with Fukiage is nuts, gives her way more dmg mid screen and you can blow through fireballs with Ex Fukiage now and put on the hurt.

Vega and Guile can now hit confirm into their ultras (2 and 1 respectively) from c.lp.
Old 2013-11-22, 08:35   Link #929
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Makoto being able to hit grounded opponents with Fukiage is nuts, gives her way more dmg mid screen and you can blow through fireballs with Ex Fukiage now and put on the hurt.
welp
time to switch mains

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 13:03   Link #930
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
First japanese loketest is underway.

List of current changes.

http://www.reddit.com/r/SF4/comments...haracter_info/

I'm really pleased that the damage on Guile's Ultra 2 can no longer be called Sonic Breeze now. 350 isn't that great, but acceptable. As a Guile sub I'm happy about this.

Rufus received damage nerfs again and his dive kick has an extra frame of recovery. That means that we have to watch where we angle them so that we don't get fully punished on landing. They should've left his dive kick, but dive kicks = hate. I'll possibly still main Rufus, but I hope they don't affect his dive kick game too drastically otherwise he won't be viable as a character since his meta-game is based off that.

Those Makoto buffs. I feels she's so close to her 3rd Strike iteration. I wonder what other buffs she'll receive since I read that they intent to buff her a little more.

Anyways...

Okay. Videos on the 4 "new" characters Super and Ultra Combos have been uploaded. I know that these characters are cut and past from SFxT, but I think they should've put more work into the animations a bit. That's just me though. Poison's doesn't look that good in my opinion.

Spoiler for USF4 - New Characters Super & Ultra Videos:
Old 2013-11-22, 16:16   Link #931
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Quote:
Looks like the 5th character might be one of the Cammy clone dolls.
That's funny because the 5th character was supposed to be someone completely new and she appears during Juli/June's battle intro.
Old 2013-11-22, 17:41   Link #932
Vajra
So Like A Rose

Who is the 5th character?
Vajra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 19:00   Link #933
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuranbo View Post
Who is the 5th character?
not yet revealed
but it's hinted to be one of the Dolls

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 21:39   Link #934
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
If that's the case I think Capcom went lazy on that one. Could just be me though "shrugs shoulders".
Old 2013-11-22, 22:27   Link #935
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
welp
time to switch mains
It's been confirmed that it's just ex fukiage that hits grounded opponents, so no regular fukiage jc lk axe kick shenanigans lol. But insane and easy dmg mid screen now for mak.

Quote:
I'm really pleased that the damage on Guile's Ultra 2 can no longer be called Sonic Breeze now. 350 isn't that great, but acceptable. As a Guile sub I'm happy about this.
Ultra 2 seems pointless with Ultra 1 being so good now.

Quote:
Rufus received damage nerfs again and his dive kick has an extra frame of recovery. That means that we have to watch where we angle them so that we don't get fully punished on landing. They should've left his dive kick, but dive kicks = hate. I'll possibly still main Rufus, but I hope they don't affect his dive kick game too drastically otherwise he won't be viable as a character since his meta-game is based off that.
Only an extra frame? He got off pretty easy compared to Cammy who got 4 extra frames on her normal divekicks. It's a miracle her ex divekicks where untouched but I guess they can stealth nerf that anyway.

Rufus divekick is still good because you can target combo into ultra out of it.

Quote:
If that's the case I think Capcom went lazy on that one. Could just be me though "shrugs shoulders".
I'll wait to see how she plays first before calling it lazy.

Also I'm sure they'll rather save Karin for SF5 as opposed to SFIV.435

So putting in a Cammy head swap isn't too bad, she can have a diff play style from Cammy and also brings a few things from Alpha with her, like Cammy/Dolls alpha costume, plus hopefully Cammy's anti air super as an ultra... would've preferred that over counter...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
That's funny because the 5th character was supposed to be someone completely new and she appears during Juli/June's battle intro.
No, was meant to be someone who wasn't a selectable character in a sf game before, appearing in a battle intro doesn't d/q her from that.

EDIT

Quote:
Okay. Videos on the 4 "new" characters Super and Ultra Combos have been uploaded. I know that these characters are cut and past from SFxT, but I think they should've put more work into the animations a bit. That's just me though. Poison's doesn't look that good in my opinion.
Apparently combofiend says the supers and ultras are still going to be touched up for these 4 characters.

Remember the game isn't even out in arcades until April, 5 months from now. That's why this game still has all the Super assets in announcer, character select screen and music, since this loketest is to test balance. like how GG Xrd still has the old GG music/sfx instead of remixed/retouched ones.

I'm guessing we'll see the 5th character @ Capcom Cup which is December 14, 2013.

Last edited by Westlo; 2013-11-23 at 02:51.
Old 2013-11-28, 03:38   Link #936
Freeter
beyond

Fifth character confirmed?

Spoiler for image:
Old 2013-11-28, 05:09   Link #937
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
If that's true... I figure he'd play more like Makoto if anything...
Old 2013-11-28, 20:03   Link #938
GirlsScareMeOK
不死川 心 <3

I thought they said the 5th chara had never been in an SF game before?
Old 2013-11-28, 20:56   Link #939
Vajra
So Like A Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Fifth character confirmed?

Spoiler for image:
Why are they drawn ala SNK?
Vajra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 09:04   Link #940
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ Because Shinkiro, the artist, was a former employee of SNK who now works for Capcom. He's been with them for a long while now.

Tags
capcom, fighting, ps3, recycling, windows, xbox360