AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-12-16, 23:37   Link #5961
sky black swordman

Don't count out the Patriots just yet. Current score 31-24.
Not A Patriots fan.

Edit: it's a tie game 31- 31
Old 2012-12-16, 23:40   Link #5962
GDB

Wilson won't because they've relied on the run so heavily up until just the past few weeks. Plus, no one cares about the Seahawks. Sad, but coverage and popularity are a factor. There's almost no chance it's anyone but Luck or RGIII, and odds are it'll depend on who gets further in the playoffs.

That said, if Wilson gets to the NFC Championship game and the other two don't get equally as far, he'd get a really good chance to steal it.

I agree on running up the score. The opponents are paid 6+ digits a year each to stop them from scoring. Can't do it? Be embarrassed and use it as fuel, like Arizona just did.

Also, the Packers don't suck. They definitely have some issues, but they're a high tier team. Unlike my Ravens who are usually high tier, but also enjoy playing low tier disturbingly often. That said, I noticed a lot of fans are now calling for Flacco's head... or contract, I guess. They're saying to just let him walk, take a fly on a late round in next year's draft, tank the season if need be, and pick up a really good QB in 2014.

Also, Pats just tied it up.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 23:51   Link #5963
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Russel Wilson better win rookie of the year. I know he won't, and some overhyped kid who's stats are super-inflated via basic high-percentage plays and a playstyle that's exciting until teams get tape and shut it down completely like they have every single time that type of QB has put at least a full year under their belt, but hey. I can believe.
If Russel Wilson gets farther in the playoffs than Luck and RGIII (something that isn't completely improbable, given the Colts poor O-Line and injury issues that Washington has), then he gets RotY. (In fact, RotY is probably going to come down to which Rookie QB last longest in the playoffs)
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 00:11   Link #5964
YF19EX

Whew close! On to Seattle!
YF19EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 00:19   Link #5965
sky black swordman

^ Thats for sure.
Despite the amazing comeback, the Patriots lose to 49ers. 41-34.
Old 2012-12-17, 00:49   Link #5966
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I'd put Wilson ahead of Luck for sure. He'd be pretty close to RG3 atm. Despite Indy's standing, Luck's TD:INT ratio is almost 1:1. He has led good comebacks but he's got to be cleaner with the ball and avoid getting in those holes. Seatlle has beaten some big names but some of the shine might be taken by the defense. RG3 makes more big plays than Wilson which might steal more of the votes. However, if Seattle can make a decent playoff run, Wilson has a shot. But if Luck finishes ahead of Wilson, whatever body voted on it is crap.

Well, Kaerpernick held up well tonight. Brady's night kind of reminded me of Romo performances earlier in the year. When the run ain't getting it done, couple of costly INTs and you have to throw way too much to make a comeback but fall just short. 49ers were able to contain Ridley, something not many teams have done this year. Kaepernick was fairly clean and those mistakes that were costly against the Rams didn't appear tonight. It would be hard to argue against this being a plus in favour of Kaepernick in the QB spot. Granted, New England has a lacking secondary, but in the rain and on the road against one of the best is still valuable.

2013 QB class isn't exactly looking like much so Kansas, Jacksonville, Buffalo and Arizona's aspirations for a QB may stil go wanting. Buffalo's owner wants to trade up this draft for a QB? Think you're one year late, man.
Old 2012-12-17, 01:38   Link #5967
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

It will be amusing to see what NFL team bites and makes Matt Barkley the next USC QB taken too early.

Anyways, while it certainly looks rather bleak for any team looking to draft a franchise QB, surprises do occur. Wilson is this year's QB-draft surprise, after-all (though, while I am very happy to see him doing well, I realize one good rookie year is rarely a barometer for future success at the position).

Presumably, Alex Smith will be traded, and he may not be an elite QB, but he'd probably be a vast upgrade for a good percent of the teams in the NFL.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 02:08   Link #5968
Samari
World's Greatest

49ers be ballin. Don't give a shit about no Brady.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 02:20   Link #5969
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Presumably, Alex Smith will be traded, and he may not be an elite QB, but he'd probably be a vast upgrade for a good percent of the teams in the NFL.
Depends on how the last few weeks of the season go and how the Niners front office wants to use their gobs of cap space next season.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 02:47   Link #5970
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I somehow get the feeling Buffalo would go after Smith and that Kansas would bite on Barkley.
Old 2012-12-17, 08:41   Link #5971
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
2013 QB class isn't exactly looking like much so Kansas, Jacksonville, Buffalo and Arizona's aspirations for a QB may stil go wanting. Buffalo's owner wants to trade up this draft for a QB? Think you're one year late, man.
Yeah, seriously. After an amazing class like this, the next one isn't going to be that good. It'd take 2-3 years before you got another crop of good QBs. They're going to suffer until 2014, 2015, or even 2016. This also kind of sucks for the Ravens, since Flacco really isn't that good (above average, at best), but with no other options I don't see the higher ups letting him walk.

Quote:
Pretty sure Alex Smith is going to be a free agent. They'd have to sign him and then trade him, which I don't think most teams would be willing to do.
Old 2012-12-17, 08:53   Link #5972
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
I somehow get the feeling Buffalo would go after Smith and that Kansas would bite on Barkley.
I've been telling everyone this is going to happen since Smith was benched. I don't think he's what this team needs but it's probably the best choice if they don't get rid of this coaching staff. Exposing a rookie to this incredible sideshow of failure would be a disaster.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 09:00   Link #5973
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Barkley right now is the 2nd rated QB on most boards, after West Virginia's Geno Smith.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 09:51   Link #5974
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
I've been telling everyone this is going to happen since Smith was benched. I don't think he's what this team needs but it's probably the best choice if they don't get rid of this coaching staff. Exposing a rookie to this incredible sideshow of failure would be a disaster.
Well, that's the reality of it all. And yeah, Gailey is a goose. That showing against Seattle was laughable. Russel Wilson running 3 TDs himself without hinderance as QB...and the TD throws were uncontested to boot. Spend 100 million on Mario Williams and they're still deficient in so many other spots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Barkley right now is the 2nd rated QB on most boards, after West Virginia's Geno Smith.
I know Barkley is definitely not the #1 QB in that crop on the ratings and that his senior year hasn't been that good compared to previous years. But Kansas aren't exactly known for making smart choices in that spot lately. Cassell, Quinn, Palko...
Old 2012-12-17, 23:39   Link #5975
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

I know this is beating a dead horse. . . but Jesus Christ the Jets.

Eliminated from playoff contention, mercifully.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 00:30   Link #5976
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I think the team isn't nearly as bad as they're outings make them seem, and that's from the perspective of someone who laughs like a little girl whenever the Jets play.

But, they need to get rid of Sanchez. I don't think I'd even sign him as a #2 QB. At best, he's #3 material, though by now he's such damaged goods that I doubt I'd ever been in a situation where I'd want him in throwing for my team. Get rid of Tebow by trading him to Jacksonville. No one else can possibly allow you to profit from him. Trade for/draft/sign a QB who can throw, even a little. Get rid of Holmes.

The cap hit is going to suck, but sometimes you need to suffer to grit through it in order to improve.

Alex Smith/Kirk Cousins will both presumably be available. I don't think either are really franchise QBs you're going to go to the Superbowl with, but you need to take what you can get while you wait for something better to show up.

As for Rex and Tan...my gut reaction is to clean house there as well. Rex's coaching decisions are just perplexing, and Tan needs to fall on the sword for putting together this bunch of players.

The only reason I'd like to see the Jets improve is that the Patriots need some actual competition so I don't have to keep seeing them waltzing into the playoffs.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 00:37   Link #5977
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
But, they need to get rid of Sanchez.
And maybe Rex Ryan for not making the call to bench his ass -- especially after either the 5-INT game way back in Week 3 or 4. And the Butt Fumble game.

In contrast, y'got the Niners thriving over a convenient QB switch, despite having a previously established QB.

Point of the matter: coaches are hired to make these kinds of calls... the best calls possible to make the team thrive.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 04:05   Link #5978
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Just when you think the Jets can't sink the game any lower...they do...HOW did they even get 6 wins this year...

Get rid of Rex, Tannebaum, Sanchez and Bart Scott. Rex could still coach defense somewhere else but not head coach.

AFC is almost done for who's getting in. If Cincy win next week against Pittsburgh it's a done deal. NFC won't be until Sunday night in 2 weeks.
Old 2012-12-18, 07:55   Link #5979
sky black swordman

Taking in to consideration how the Jets played all season long, I expected the Jets to lose this game against Titans.
Jets need to cut their losses and cut Mark Sanchez.
And the Jets playoff hopes are now gone, this just cements the firing of Rex Ryan.
Old 2012-12-18, 08:40   Link #5980
GDB

Quote:
Kirk Cousins will presumably be available.
As a trade, maybe. He's definitely not going to be a FA. He signed a 4-year rookie deal, and this is still his first season.

Tags
american football, sports