AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-12-11, 08:23   Link #1601
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Sales numbers aren't what determines game of the year. Otherwise CoD 3 would have dominated the lists.

Makes me wonder what their criteria are. Though of the games that are out now, Skyrim deserves that spot. Over 100 hours for me and still not bored.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 08:27   Link #1602
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I have no problems with the list except for Mortal Combat, I have no idea how it won.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 08:34   Link #1603
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Given the ridiculous amount of content in Skyrim it's comes as no surprise, as for best action-adventure it's a toss up between B:AC and AC:R for me and I'm okay with either one, whether it's gameplay or story I think they both did a good job.

Which then reminds me, poor Human Revolution
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 08:49   Link #1604
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
I have no problems with the list except for Mortal Combat, I have no idea how it won.
It's just a title anyway. Anyone who plays fighting games seriously (like myself) should know that it's a pretty average game that is rarely or has little footage streamed throught huge events.

Christ, I never saw anyone getting hyped for this, it's seriously like saying that the World Cricket League is much more expected than the effin' World Cup...
Old 2011-12-11, 10:47   Link #1605
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Anyone else kinda annoyed that bandits DONT wear better armor? Atleast the big bad asses of them. I mean come on, I'm in full daedric armor with big upgrades and a Bandit chief in crappy steal destroys me if i dont pay attention.

ATLEAST put them in orc and dwemer armor. no glass,daedric,dragonbone,ebony tho. execpt maybe for the bosses, but definaly no bandits in Daedric or dragonbone.
Old 2011-12-11, 10:48   Link #1606
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
You're asking your run of the mill bandit to have anything better than steel? Surely you jest. What is this, Oblivion, where if you level up enough you have highwaymen in glass armor trying to mug you?
Old 2011-12-11, 12:27   Link #1607
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

So you'd rather pound on a bandit in fur armor and hardly hurt them with your ebony war axe?
Old 2011-12-11, 12:35   Link #1608
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Well for me it would be worse then that to see them with some high grade equip, but dunno after level 30 personally i felt quite a superiority between me and a bandit.

----------------------------

Anyway, lol now this is what i call a Fus Ro Dah: http://www.mmcafe.com/nico.html#http...tch/sm16399875 .
Old 2011-12-11, 12:37   Link #1609
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
So you'd rather pound on a bandit in fur armor and hardly hurt them with your ebony war axe?
I take on Dremora Lords in their Daedric Armor on Master Difficulty with my character wearing only Iron Armor and the Blades Sword... well, Legendary Iron Armor + lvl100 Heavy Armor skill with perks.

Smithing makes a whole lot of difference to any weapon-based character ingame. Opponents only scale up to a point, once your weapon damage goes to about 150+ (achievable with 100 smithing + perks on your weapon damage), you kill just about anyone that aren't Draugr Overlords in 2-4 hits (and you can achieve that in a single power attack if you dual-wield). Those Bandit Highwaymen and Chiefs I used to run away from now become blenderized meat when they encounter me

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 12:56   Link #1610
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by delorean2200 View Post
Well for me it would be worse then that to see them with some high grade equip, but dunno after level 30 personally i felt quite a superiority between me and a bandit.

----------------------------

Anyway, lol now this is what i call a Fus Ro Dah: http://www.mmcafe.com/nico.html#http...tch/sm16399875 .
just wait till 50+ you almost always fight bandit muraders and chiefs who are like tanks. in fur armor.

and a bandit having glass gear isn't nonsense, what if they came across a merchant that just happen to have some good high grade armor and weapons? you think he'll be THAT stupid to leave it or sell it instead of using it himself?
Old 2011-12-11, 13:01   Link #1611
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Well Skyrim is the GOTY.

No award for best story ?
If mass market media darlings are anything to go by, very few western gamers care about story, and sandbox > all.

And, Kyero, I agreed with you. Regardless of my own opinion, I'm confident Skyrim will win GOTY.

As for whether an MMO has ever won GOTY, according to Blizzard's 'Awards' page, the vanilla version of World of Warcraft has, indeed, won GOTY awards.

Considering how jaded the MMO genre and players have become, no matter how much I love SWTOR, I doubt it'll be in any discussions for GOTY. Probably get the completely meaningless 'MMO of the year', because you know, there was so much competition on that front this year.

Lastly, I don't think there's much room for playing a 'good' character in Skyrim, though that comes down to your definition of 'good'. I think you can play a 'good' character within the framework of the setting, but that 'good' character would be thrown in jail and the keys thrown away if you were to transplant him into our modern societies. It's much easier to play a 'grey' character. One who doesn't worry over morals too much, without going psychotic and murdering everyone you run across, or keeping the heads of every female you encounter on shelves in your house (anyone seen that youtube? ).
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 13:05   Link #1612
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Quote:
just wait till 50+ you almost always fight bandit muraders and chiefs who are like tanks. in fur armor.

and a bandit having glass gear isn't nonsense, what if they came across a merchant that just happen to have some good high grade armor and weapons? you think he'll be THAT stupid to leave it or sell it instead of using it himself?
I said over level 30 :P, i reached over 50 with both my assassin and my two handed Dark Warrior, with neither i felt limited, then again i did upgrade my gear. And to high geared thugs still looks a bit out of the ordinary for me its just that.
Old 2011-12-11, 20:41   Link #1613
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Finally finished the MQ after 110+h.

Wow they made the final fight easier with the Heros's help. But still Alduin wasn't as strong as current Millenium Dragon. Guess level doesn't scale for him.
I had more problems with the 6-8 Draugr's Lord at the same times outside the Temple. With like 4/8 who one shot me with Fus ro dah... that was an epic fight. Dodging every shouts every ~10s

So that's all ? No credits/Endings or whatever. Just continue the game? Well , i'll finish the Imperial vs Stormcloak story & Daedra+shouts & will stop it for a moment. Can't give much time on this game. AC is waiting for me ^^
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 22:16   Link #1614
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Yeah, one of the issues mentioned was that Alduin essentially stops scaling, and even setting game difficulty to Master only adds his hitpoint total. One of my wishes for a future mod is to have the final battle much harder, really, as one Dragonrend makes Alduin very vulnerable. At least give him access to some of the more devastating shouts... Heck, he barely uses that uber Unrelenting Force on you (which supposedly kills you in one hit).

It's one of the reason why I'm holding off on the main quest as long as possible. I might even finish the Imperial Campaign, at least as far as the Battle of Whiterun, since the Jarl won't move from his place at the Great Balcony at Dragonsreach as long as Odahviing is there.
Old 2011-12-11, 23:56   Link #1615
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

I'm currently playing a lvl 54 all-melee character, and yet the only things that provide me with any real challenge at this point are mages with Expert level spells, Ancient Dragons (Dragonrend solves them real quick though), and just being plain outnumbered 5-1. In single combat, no bandit marauder, highwayman or chief is a threat to me, and at times I go barehanded just to amuse myself with them.

Also, I have seen bandits wearing glass armors before. Well, none of them wear full glass armor, but just parts. I've once seen a bandit with fur armor wearing glass boots. And NPC's and enemies are known to use glass weapons on occasion.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 00:46   Link #1616
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Oh, Must be master difficulty then @_@ But if I turn it back down to Expert, It'll seem too easy ><
Old 2011-12-12, 01:44   Link #1617
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

If they could fix one thing for the next game, let it be alternate quest endings. Currently its either fail the quest or be forced to complete the quest if you don't want to see it in the quest list. This includes some quests where you are told to kill some innocent or harmless people or
Spoiler for One yucks quest:

Its not even like there is no concept of alternate endings as its shown in the quest to
Spoiler:

Also it kind of rankles when you're forced to basically sell your soul because somehow a certain someone is supposed to be so skilled with blades as to be invincible. At the big fight at the statue, said skill with blades was laughable. So basically you sold your soul so his invulnerability flag could be removed, not that he was really any good. *facepalm*

Then theres the funny part where if you finish both the companions and thieve's guild quest line in a certain manner, you have
Spoiler:
FlavorOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 02:38   Link #1618
Alaya
Counter Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
So that's all ? No credits/Endings or whatever. Just continue the game? Well , i'll finish the Imperial vs Stormcloak story & Daedra+shouts & will stop it for a moment. Can't give much time on this game. AC is waiting for me ^^
Which means you are going to sink around 10+ hours in to the game, lol.

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 04:11   Link #1619
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavorOfLife View Post
If they could fix one thing for the next game, let it be alternate quest endings. Currently its either fail the quest or be forced to complete the quest if you don't want to see it in the quest list. This includes some quests where you are told to kill some innocent or harmless people or
Spoiler for One yucks quest:
Spoiler for major spoiler for plot:
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 04:44   Link #1620
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

^Can't wait for a mod for that. Personally i'd love to kill them just for implying it.

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim