AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-17, 21:42   Link #1941
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourhead View Post
Is the manga still on-going, till today? A random question...
I think there was only three volumes, it is based on the Novel (In my opinion, a manga Kaname and Anime Momomi kissing will be perfect)

Last edited by asaqe; 2008-01-18 at 01:54.
asaqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 07:52   Link #1942
War_Lord
Modern Philosopher

I hate bringing up really old threads, but I just wanted to get this off my chest since I finished the series yesterday and still got it on the brain. I never knew just how much I liked yuri until I gave this show a try. I don't know what it is about girl on girl romance, but it just gives off a strong sense of purity. The show itself was just too cute to describe, I found myself infatuated by almost all the characters. Nagisa was especially adorable. Aside from the like able characters, the animation was pretty good (then again I'm not that picky). The plot wasn't bad, but I found a lot of moments to be a little too predictable and cliche (thank god for the ecchi.).

Spoiler for Favorite wtf moment:

I have mixed feelings about the end. I never thought much about Tamao until the last episode, that's when I started to feel really sorry for her. Other than that, it ended just as I expected it to. Overall, I give the show a 8/10, I feel it could've been much better, but it got it's point across and made me feel some emotions during the time I watched it. And that's all that matters.
Old 2008-03-14, 10:45   Link #1943
Phantasmagoria
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by War_Lord View Post
I hate bringing up really old threads, but I just wanted to get this off my chest since I finished the series yesterday and still got it on the brain. I never knew just how much I liked yuri until I gave this show a try. I don't know what it is about girl on girl romance, but it just gives off a strong sense of purity. The show itself was just too cute to describe, I found myself infatuated by almost all the characters. Nagisa was especially adorable. Aside from the like able characters, the animation was pretty good (then again I'm not that picky). The plot wasn't bad, but I found a lot of moments to be a little too predictable and cliche (thank god for the ecchi.).

Spoiler for Favorite wtf moment:

I have mixed feelings about the end. I never thought much about Tamao until the last episode, that's when I started to feel really sorry for her. Other than that, it ended just as I expected it to. Overall, I give the show a 8/10, I feel it could've been much better, but it got it's point across and made me feel some emotions during the time I watched it. And that's all that matters.
This anime is truly a hit or miss.

Some gave up half-way with huge walls of text on criticism, while people like us love/like this series, sticking to the end.

I rate SP! 10/10
Old 2008-03-14, 12:53   Link #1944
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
Oh yes and it's good to see the thread is alive.

I've just come across a comment from Hadzuka Ruka. This is a page from a manga that seems to date back to 2006. So the author complains that it's a pity there's no second season for the anime.

"We've watched the anime, read through the light novels, played the game and listened to all the drama cds. There's nothing left but manga. It's a little bit sad".

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru
nikorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 08:12   Link #1945
zordon

Send a message via MSN to zordon

tamao gif :3

ps:not made by me
zordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 08:25   Link #1946
Phantasmagoria
*Author

She look more like Nagisa.. maybe that's just me
A good .gif none-the-less.
Old 2008-06-03, 21:52   Link #1947
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

This image sorta resembles Remon if she has longer hair (One of my fellow friends called her JakuRemon)

Spoiler for "NSFW:

Last edited by asaqe; 2008-06-04 at 00:13.
Old 2008-06-18, 04:52   Link #1948
sa547
*Author

I'm bring up this thread again because even at Episode 2 the story's about to grow on me nicely.

One of my new online friends, who's currently translating the light novel version of SP to its official English edition, gave me the urge to try watching it because it became obvious for me that I'm missing out the best of the shoujo-ai and yuri experience (my other classics are Marimite and Utena), so two nights ago I bought Volume 1 and played up the disc.

Well? It's one heckuva stress-reliever! Can't help but laugh my butt off with so many influences and references the show is grabbing; the romance guaranteed to leave me blushing... and one more thing: Nagisa is damned cute.

Last edited by sa547; 2008-06-27 at 00:17.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 23:25   Link #1949
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

i still cant swallow this show (i still cant really judge this anime), may be is that everyone would turn into lesbians if they stay in the school.

As for some of the "prince" like characters, i suspect that the directors just put a boy into a female body. SO FREAKY, it gives me chills, may be i would rewatch it to get something out of it.
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 05:58   Link #1950
bubbleum
~ Lilium ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulassassin547 View Post
Well? It's one heckuva stress-reliever!
You'd better stop watching it then when you finish the 16th episode, it gets a little stressful in the end. I can still clearly remember how I cried like a little girl while rolling on the floor and screaming "Not fair!", "Not fair!" after a certain episode... Well, ok, maybe I'm exaggerating a little, but it was still quite pathetic. I just can't understand what is it in SP that makes me act like a teary loser. Maybe it has something to do with the superb execution of the anime as a whole...
Though I can't remember anyone getting to 15, 16, 13 episodes and then just quiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
may be is that everyone would turn into lesbians if they stay in the school.
No kidding... Personally I wouldn't mind turning into a lesbian if I had an one-way ticket for Astraea *Daydreaming off*
Quote:
i suspect that the directors just put a boy into a female body. SO FREAKY
You mean you don't know about the SP's ultimate spoiler?
Spoiler for The ultimate spoiler of Strawberry Panic:

That Rozen Maiden image ruined me completely

Last edited by bubbleum; 2008-06-29 at 16:53. Reason: added link for the RM picture
bubbleum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 12:33   Link #1951
Nemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by zordon View Post

tamao gif :3

ps:not made by me
Tamao! Cute gif. =P

Signature by ganbaru

Last edited by Nemu; 2008-06-25 at 12:49.
Nemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 12:50   Link #1952
Phantasmagoria
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleum View Post
you'd Better Stop Watching It Then When You Finish The 16th Episode, It Gets A Little Stressful In The End. I Can Still Clearly Remember How I Cried Like A Little Girl While Rolling On The Floor And Screaming "not Fair!", "not Fair!" After A Certain Episode... Well, Ok, Maybe I'm Exaggerating A Little, But It Was Still Quite Pathetic. I Just Can't Understand What Is It In Sp That Makes Me Act Like A Teary Loser. Maybe It Has Something To Do With The Superb Execution Of The Anime As A Whole...
Though I Can't Remember Anyone Getting To 15, 16, 13 Episodes And Then Just Quiting

No Kidding... Personally I Wouldn't Mind Turning Into A Lesbian If I Had An One-way Ticket For Astraea :d *daydreaming Off*

You Mean You Don't Know About The Sp's ultimate spoiler?
Spoiler for the Ultimate Spoiler Of Strawberry Panic:

That Rozen Maiden Image Ruined Me Completely
Now Now You Gotta Send Me The Link!!!!! I Wantt!!!!!
Old 2008-06-26, 18:47   Link #1953
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
i still cant swallow this show (i still cant really judge this anime), may be is that everyone would turn into lesbians if they stay in the school.

As for some of the "prince" like characters, i suspect that the directors just put a boy into a female body. SO FREAKY, it gives me chills, may be i would rewatch it to get something out of it.
Its a Yuri Anime, and All Girl Schools in anime have a tenacy for creating Lesbians moreso then all boys schools (Hana-kimi vs Boku wa Otome for example).
Old 2008-06-26, 22:12   Link #1954
Fweakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Its a Yuri Anime, and All Girl Schools in anime have a tenacy for creating Lesbians moreso then all boys schools (Hana-kimi vs Boku wa Otome for example).
Yeah, I wonder why there aren't more lesbians in all-boys schools?
Fweakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 00:12   Link #1955
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
true enough, but this show gives me the feeling of "all girls are lesbians", at least in the other ones, they dont give me that impression, e.g. kannaduki no miko.
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 13:09   Link #1956
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fweakin View Post
Yeah, I wonder why there aren't more lesbians in all-boys schools?
Um by my statement, I mean when comparing Hana-kimi to Boku-wo-Otome. The reaction received from when they found out the person who they think they are gay/lesbian for is actually a girl/guy (respective). In Boku wo Otome, its a meh while we got that little burst of joy in Hana Kimi with the guy going "I am not gay!". I could think of more at the moment but it may be incoherant

Mind you, my knowledge of Hana-kimi is blurry, I was watching the drama adaptation, so it may be subject to change

@kk2extreme

True, Marimite never really was about the lesbians, it was merely hinted stuff. But SP! takes that a step further. And the Fauxnen idea never really sat well with the SP! community. Most of the people spited Amane a lot.
Old 2008-06-28, 09:03   Link #1957
zordon

Send a message via MSN to zordon
Have some Miyuki:

zordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 13:28   Link #1958
hirahira
a duck is fine too

I don't really like any of the characters except for Yaya and Chikaru so far

Last edited by hirahira; 2008-09-02 at 18:25.
hirahira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 23:11   Link #1959
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Typical of the fans, it was bit of a shock for me to realize people liked Chikaru a lot but on a side note, the Short Stories poll had given a high vote for the Amane/Nagisa couple. So much potential wasted.
Old 2008-07-05, 01:49   Link #1960
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

I'm not following this thread, but I've just watched the last episode 15 minutes ago and I felt like posting something. This was my first yuri anime and probably my last (Maybe I should blame the director and not yuri iteself ). Was interesting enough to keep me watching till the end but somehow I've felt like knowing the ending since episode 14 or 15.

Quote:
Originally Posted by War_Lord View Post
I don't know what it is about girl on girl romance, but it just gives off a strong sense of purity.
Same feeling... maybe that was the only thing that kept me watching till the end.

Finally... personal feellings hehe

Spoiler for Ending:
Deadwings is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance, seinen, yuri