AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-04, 07:41   Link #21
tsunade666

I doubt its really wipe out. Maybe they are beaten and been disbanded.

And is sengoku really a non-fruit user? I mean his called the Buddha or something and I doubt that he doesn't have a power or something of his own. Well I understand the marines using under hand tactics. They have the dark justice cp9 to begin with. And even if they used the a pirate to win they will still kill them all anyway.
Old 2009-11-04, 08:06   Link #22
ArabianLuffy
One King One Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
If this is true, it would mean Sengoku finally lives up to his title of Supreme Strategist...
yes, if its plan by sengoku, hes a strategist..
but about this plan to psycho squardo, me pretty much its simply coz of squardo has not much brain cells >.>
and to think that he had such little trust on his dad, seriously made me pity WB for treating him as a son.
a normal person would hv been able to tink that this info given by the marine seems full of suspicious...and letting them go if WB dies...
Old 2009-11-04, 08:48   Link #23
SMASHERJACKSON

oh snap my spoiler was correct, pretty good twist though i originally couldnt tell if it was real or not still a shame about WB though but i guess it may be to show the nature of war - and wth another break? o well ill still be coming back but next week will be tough ;/
Old 2009-11-04, 09:32   Link #24
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Squado you poor poor fool, so easily manipulated into doing the unthinkable. It's a shame really, becuase he can't take back what he has done. WB should exhuast more power by removing the traitor, and die just die already. I have a feeling it will end with various people gang rushing the Strongest man in the world.

Now Sengoku, i'm still not impressed with this turn of events, but he gets a kudos for arranging this setup.
Old 2009-11-04, 09:38   Link #25
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Looks like Squardo wasn't some fodder New World Pirate captain after all. He's been around since Roger's time...another "silver medalist". It explains why WB was willin to hand over command to him.

It also looks like this is it for Whitebeard. This chapter definitely imo...confirms his end is near. Just think...he's past his prime but yet he's stil the strongest. Just imagine how monsterous he was in his prime. No way Blackbeard woulda defeated a Whitebeard in his prime.

Just 2 weeks to wait and we'll see the Pirate Legend rape the Marines big time.
Old 2009-11-04, 10:20   Link #26
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Seriously, if this spoiler is accurate... What a lame reason for this twist. The story fed to Squado by Akainu doesn't sound believable at all. For one thing, the battle is in full swing, how can you really expect such a deal to work out. Secondly, he should know WB well enough to know that WB would never consider such a deal. So if this is really the reason for his betrayal, then that's just bad writing imo. It would have been better if he did it simply because of his silver medalist status, and being a traitorous pirate.
Old 2009-11-04, 10:35   Link #27
SMASHERJACKSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
Seriously, if this spoiler is accurate... What a lame reason for this twist. The story fed to Squado by Akainu doesn't sound believable at all. For one thing, the battle is in full swing, how can you really expect such a deal to work out. Secondly, he should know WB well enough to know that WB would never consider such a deal. So if this is really the reason for his betrayal, then that's just bad writing imo. It would have been better if he did it simply because of his silver medalist status, and being a traitorous pirate.
the point is WB was unfortunate enough to hav such a pleb on his side, which sengoku knew full well and took advantage of, i doubt this ploy would have worked with say marco or jozu.

just want to say this arc has been rly cool so far
Old 2009-11-04, 10:43   Link #28
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
They played to Squardo's emotions , they clearly set it up in a way to have the Pacifistas only attack the NW Captains which only reinforced the idea that WB had sold them out.

Also, nice to see this softer side of WB, the role of a father & forgiving his foolish son who betrayed him. That was nice, but also makes it that much more sad, knowin the old man is probably gonna die.
Old 2009-11-04, 11:00   Link #29
PrototypeX2

Judging by the picture and translations, Akainu made this a personal deal.He told Squado that he will let them go free in exchange for Whitebeards head and.....It is kinda pathetic that idiot Squado really believed Akainu would go against WG just to keep his promise...Probably in next chapter we will watch Squado getting melt in a pool of lava.
Old 2009-11-04, 11:03   Link #30
marvelB

Quote:

I don't see how it's bad writing. Squado had a grudge against Roger, and the marines used that to their advantage. Squado considered Whitebeard to be a traitor because Akainu deceived him into thinking that the old man held the life of his sworn enemy's son in higher regard than any of his NW allies. It just goes to show that Squado's hatred for Roger was stronger than his loyalty to Whitebeard, and his emotions ended up helping the marines turn the tides in their favor. As I said before, this is psychological warfare. It may seem dirty and cheap, but it had its desired effect. Besides, the marines can't really afford to play fair when they're up against some of the strongest pirates in the world.......
Old 2009-11-04, 11:27   Link #31
ChaosPaladin
Bringer of Order & Chaos

squado probably dun want to face the same fate of having his whole crew annihilated again. and with the NW pirates the only one getting attacked by PX army and having a admiral coming to broker a deal, i guess it must have swayed the conviction of Squado a bit. and dun forget, he hated roger and most likely he allied with WB cos an enemy's enemy is a fren. now tt he found out WB is actually helping Roger raise his son, this alliance will crumbled
Old 2009-11-04, 11:42   Link #32
ZeroForever

interesting mind games being played, though as noted it is rather dirty.
If it was wildly known that the marines 'good guys' were playing such underhanded schemes it would definitely bode poorly with public opinion.

This chapter pretty much all but confirmed that WB is getting old and dying anyways so when he finally croaks it shouldn't be a surprise.
Old 2009-11-04, 12:45   Link #33
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I don't see how it's bad writing. Squado had a grudge against Roger, and the marines used that to their advantage. Squado considered Whitebeard to be a traitor because Akainu deceived him into thinking that the old man held the life of his sworn enemy's son in higher regard than any of his NW allies. It just goes to show that Squado's hatred for Roger was stronger than his loyalty to Whitebeard, and his emotions ended up helping the marines turn the tides in their favor.
I can see where Trax is coming from though. Squado was pretty gullible to actually believe that Whitebeard would prioritize Ace's safety over the lives of his NW allies. Whether a pirate is an affiliate or an actual member of Whitebeard's crew, he treats all of his allies as his sons. He cares for all of his children equally. After the many years he's known Whitebeard, Squado should have known better than to lose complete trust in his "father". Now he will forever have a guilty conscience knowing that he was the one ultimately responsible (or at least instrumental) for the death of Whitebeard. That's a price to pay that may be even worse than death. It's quite sad, actually.
Old 2009-11-04, 13:18   Link #34
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I can see where Trax is coming from though. Squado was pretty gullible to actually believe that Whitebeard would prioritize Ace's safety over the lives of his NW allies. Whether a pirate is an affiliate or an actual member of Whitebeard's crew, he treats all of his allies as his sons. He cares for all of his children equally. After the many years he's known Whitebeard, Squado should have known better than to lose complete trust in his "father". Now he will forever have a guilty conscience knowing that he was the one ultimately responsible (or at least instrumental) for the death of Whitebeard. That's a price to pay that may be even worse than death. It's quite sad, actually.
And that's kind of the point.

Whatever the case, we should all expect Squado to sacrifice himself by the end of this arc.
Old 2009-11-04, 13:18   Link #35
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I don't usually do full scripts, but the lack of Nja summary and the excitement of the chapter makes it an exception.

Full script by Next Gen is translated and posted at the usual place.
Old 2009-11-04, 13:31   Link #36
kakakka

Ah, so Squad betrayed WB because of Ace (being son of Roger)...

I'm so slow....
Old 2009-11-04, 13:31   Link #37
marvelB

^Just read that script. Thanks for the trans, aohige.

So yeah, it's pretty clear that Squado didn't believe Akainu's lie at first, but it seems like his weak spirit and hatred for Roger got the better of him at the end (interestingly enough, Squado himself was surprised that he was able to stab the old man). Whitebeard even chides him for being angry at Ace, who never hurt Squado in the first place. Man, this truly one heck of a tragedy that the marines cooked up here. The ending lines of the chapter definitely suggest that this will be Whitebeard's last stand.....

And man, Buggy's group got frozen by Aokiji. That sucks.
Old 2009-11-04, 13:44   Link #38
SMASHERJACKSON

from the spoiler pics it seems the broadcast was on during this chapter....should be interesting how the merines deal with there rep now
Old 2009-11-04, 13:50   Link #39
andy

The full scripts make much more sense in what happen . Squado think they were telling lies at first, then he saw they were only attack NW pirates and leaving WB guys alone when the PX came .

Plus some other stuff it was a really good chapter and make allot of sense in what happen.

Plus WB is such a bad ass, man next chapter he about to fuck up the place and with everyone behind him.
Old 2009-11-04, 13:55   Link #40
SMASHERJACKSON

my prediction for how WB will die -

Wb & Co will take the upperhand perhaps even freeing ace, in desperation sengoku will order the execution of Ace possibly via the 3 admirals - perhaos croc too - at which point WB will take the blow instead

though i expect to see squadro try to redeem himself during the remainder of this arc too.

w/e happens that final speech was awesome
Closed Thread