AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index - Miracle of Endymion Movie Rating
Perfect 10 34 27.42%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 24.19%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 18.55%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 13.71%
6 out of 10 : Average 13 10.48%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 3.23%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.81%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.81%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.81%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-09-27, 22:56   Link #261
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
I feel like they could achieve that much more easily without building a space elevator. I mean, the freaking base of Endymion was immense. Even for Academy City technology standards IMO.
....Are you referring to what I've said about bombing other countries from space?

That's only one of the uses for a Space Elevator, it would also make Space exploration a hell of a lot cheaper compared to the conventional method of launching rockets.

...Don't know if you could collect solar energy like in Gundam 00 though...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 07:58   Link #262
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

then GN particles must be science side version of Telesma
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 08:47   Link #263
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
...Don't know if you could collect solar energy like in Gundam 00 though...
I don't see why not, though you might need superconductors to avoid losses on that much distance.

Mostly, though, AC doesn't seem energy starved, so I'm not sure they'd have much interest.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-18, 12:43   Link #264
CapoExecutor
In R'lyeh where he dreams

Space shuttles and then space elevators... I wonder what's the next thing to follow? But I have to say that the whole space pollution issue is something of concern for real life exploration.

On a lighter note, it seems that Touma gets a free view of Shutaura, who seemed almost oblivious to someone seeing her in sans clothing condition.

ACQUIRING COMPLETE.
CapoExecutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-19, 13:57   Link #265
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapoExecutor View Post
On a lighter note, it seems that Touma gets a free view of Shutaura, who seemed almost oblivious to someone seeing her in sans clothing condition.
I guess she's more aware of a guy getting touchy feely even when she's in full suit compared to having a man see her totally naked.

If she decides to show up later in Index canon because Kamachi said so, I'm waiting for the moment where she boldly admits Touma has touched her while she is naked.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-19, 20:09   Link #266
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
So I got around to watching this.

It was okay. Great animation, and lots of cool characters doing cool things.

Unfortunately there was not a lot of development of new characters (especially the villain, did we ever get more than an implied back story for her?) and several places where it felt like important plot points were being quickly summarized so don't think about it too hard. Worth watching, but not worth a movie ticket unless you like action packed films with great special effects where the plot is mainly there to excuse your favorite characters doing cool stuff.

7/10 for me. Better then some of the story arcs in Index, but not anywhere near the best.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 11:29   Link #267
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
So I got around to watching this.

It was okay. Great animation, and lots of cool characters doing cool things.

Unfortunately there was not a lot of development of new characters (especially the villain, did we ever get more than an implied back story for her?) and several places where it felt like important plot points were being quickly summarized so don't think about it too hard. Worth watching, but not worth a movie ticket unless you like action packed films with great special effects where the plot is mainly there to excuse your favorite characters doing cool stuff.

7/10 for me. Better then some of the story arcs in Index, but not anywhere near the best.
The staff went for the 90min schedul since they didn't expect the movie to be this popular so they cut things out of the script.

Btw, I think the author is trying to hard to include characters for fanservice sake(Mikoto and her 4 girls team) and Accelerator. Without them things could have gone smoothly this time.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 11:32   Link #268
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Really? Did that seem like a 'too hard' effort ?
Old 2013-10-21, 12:34   Link #269
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Really? Did that seem like a 'too hard' effort ?
Hard to not put them on it.
Old 2013-10-27, 13:59   Link #270
Dextro
He Without a Title

I just watched the movie and... it was a good movie. I was really not expecting that. Usually these sort of tie-in filler movies end up having plots that are so busy trying not to inadvertently impact the canon that they end up falling apart halfway through but this one had some pretty kickass action and a nice little self-contained story arc that felt right at home in the Toaru universe. In fact I think that the story structure of the main LN series lends itself rather well to these kinds of one-shots. It was mostly true with the Railgun TV series and it seems to be working as well here.

The action was great, the animation was more than good enough and the plot felt tight without feeling particularly rushed. Sure having the sisters and accelerator thrown in there was completely uncalled for and ended up being more detrimental to the plot than helpful (I took a point off for that) but overall they still managed to work in more than enough familiar characters for fanservice while still keeping the plot focused. I applaud them for that.

Now what I don't applaud them for is having Kanzaki suddenly show up in space without any sort of suit, being awesome and then falling down to the earth without any sort of protection. I mean... I can suspend my disbelief a bit and I know that she's supposed to be a saint and all but breathing in space and surviving re-entry like that? Seriously? I kind of laughed out laud at that scene

But the most important thing I took from this movie is that Misawa Sachika (Arisa) has a fantastic voice. I'm completely sold and probably should look into more of her roles soon

Overall it was a fun Sunday afternoon for me, above average for filler tie-in movies and a solid 7/10.
Old 2013-10-27, 14:08   Link #271
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Saints = Superman :3

If Superman could do it, why not?
Old 2013-10-27, 14:18   Link #272
LazyHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Now what I don't applaud them for is having Kanzaki suddenly show up in space without any sort of suit, being awesome and then falling down to the earth without any sort of protection. I mean... I can suspend my disbelief a bit and I know that she's supposed to be a saint and all but breathing in space and surviving re-entry like that? Seriously? I kind of laughed out laud at that scene
Kanzaki has been in space in the novels before with magic protection. Didn't you notice the blue glow surrounding her?
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 14:34   Link #273
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
Kanzaki has been in space in the novels before with magic protection. Didn't you notice the blue glow surrounding her?
I figured that was it. Still a bit awkward for me though.
Old 2013-10-28, 00:57   Link #274
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

This movie was bonkers. It's very fun and entertaining but also almost made no ounce of sense. I guess there was too much going on to actually properly show/explain what was going on (but then again this is the biggest problem of most Index arcs). It feels as if the creators were too ambitious and forgot that this only runs for like an hour and a half so they decide to just cram all their plot points in. I definitely appreciate the efforts in the movie but when Touma suddenly punched Shutaura for some apparent and Shutaura then began singing afterwards (mind you I only understood half of what was going on after researching) I just couldn't stop laughing for what's supposed to be a culminating scene.

It doesn't completely fail though because the batshit insane scope that this movie couldn't handle is entertaining in its own right. Elevator going to space, Idol singing and Kanzaki jumping from space? Index TV series should have more of this.

6/10 for me. I love the Index series but haha this is just a huge Whut?
Old 2013-10-28, 01:26   Link #275
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Actually, I thought those two things you've mentioned were the easiest to understand Considering Shutaura was trying to kill Arisa.
Old 2013-10-28, 08:48   Link #276
LazyHunter

I don't know, I think save for the issue of what gave Ladylee her inmortality (the gift from the soldier in her flashback, which was ambrosia) everything was explained pretty well in the movie. Touma punched Shutaura because she was trying to kill Arisa and Shutaura sings with Arisa to create a miracle because she realized that Arisa was created of her wish to save everyone in the space plane and stopped hating music and her. Don't really see a way to misunderstand those, they were pretty clear.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-28, 22:40   Link #277
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Actually, I thought those two things you've mentioned were the easiest to understand Considering Shutaura was trying to kill Arisa.
Quite ironicy that ahelo found cool Mikoto and Kuroko in the space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
I don't know, I think save for the issue of what gave Ladylee her inmortality (the gift from the soldier in her flashback, which was ambrosia) everything was explained pretty well in the movie. Touma punched Shutaura because she was trying to kill Arisa and Shutaura sings with Arisa to create a miracle because she realized that Arisa was created of her wish to save everyone in the space plane and stopped hating music and her. Don't really see a way to misunderstand those, they were pretty clear.
Maybe he watched the movie without subs?
Old 2013-10-30, 10:19   Link #278
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Quite ironicy that ahelo found cool Mikoto and Kuroko in the space.
Which made a lot less sense, lol.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 09:32   Link #279
zaeraal

Toaru Majutsu no Index-tan: The Movie was finally subbed.
Was really great, they really put a lot of effort in the gags

Touma's "Gender Equality" really made my day

The redraws of Index VA's photos are fabulous, I am not sure which ones I like more (3D or 2D)
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 15:00   Link #280
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Oh cool! Thanks for the heads up

Anyone with questions about the movie should really watch this