AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Gundam Build Fighters - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 5 16.13%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 25.81%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 29.03%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 19.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 9.68%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-11-26, 22:52   Link #41
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juke16 View Post
Not sure if I'm the only one who thinks this, but does Aila remind anyone of Soma Peries from 00?
She's not stiff at how to express her emotion, though. You can see the confident smug at the start of Devil Gundam match, the displeased face when she's treated as inferior pilot, and the satisfied smirk at previous episode when her guess was right.
Old 2013-11-26, 23:10   Link #42
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
She's not stiff at how to express her emotion, though. You can see the confident smug at the start of Devil Gundam match, the displeased face when she's treated as inferior pilot, and the satisfied smirk at previous episode when her guess was right.
Soma did develop some personality later on though (and that's not counting that of her alter ego Marie)... But she was definitely a lot more intense than Aila at that point. Not one to smirk or smile at all.

All in all though I think Kuroda does reuse some of his archtypes in this show.
Old 2013-11-27, 01:43   Link #43
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Kawaguchi new MS have horn..... Unicorn custom?
Check Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket. You'll see the Kampfer in action there. As well as a bad-ass Zaku w/ a bad-ass grunt for a pilot.
Old 2013-11-27, 06:27   Link #44
Kyosuke_Nanbu

Kamfer in that movie is punching bag of Alex and only got those kills by suprise
Hamburger!!!
Kyosuke_Nanbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 10:55   Link #45
Raso

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Soma did develop some personality later on though (and that's not counting that of her alter ego Marie)... But she was definitely a lot more intense than Aila at that point. Not one to smirk or smile at all.

All in all though I think Kuroda does reuse some of his archtypes in this show.
More like Gundam standard archetypes, they have all been seen before and not just in 00. But the combo here with the setting is unique and freshing really.
Raso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 15:54   Link #46
Nvis
Where are the good animes

At least Aila and other characters won't die in this one.

Love interest for Reiji, Yuuki, or "gasp" Sei??!!!
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 16:57   Link #47
NeutralZero

Sei?
he already has the megane for that...
the only good Sei can do for Aila is for her to develop real interest in gunpla...

Last edited by NeutralZero; 2013-11-27 at 17:13.
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 19:20   Link #48
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
At least Aila and other characters won't die in this one.

Love interest for Reiji, Yuuki, or "gasp" Sei??!!!
It would be hilarious is she fell for Yuuki, due to his PPSE affiliation
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 19:41   Link #49
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Like I said before, /m/ was sure as hell its Reiji

Hmm, maybe Solar Prince and Moon Princess?

*ba dum tish*
Old 2013-11-27, 22:46   Link #50
Aurelis
Daydreamer

For me, while it did raise a good point as to what other applications the PP holds, *such as applying the particles to Real Dolls or stuff like automating labour*, I wasn't exactly liking the direction of the new "meta" or playing techniques.

This is just one example so far but stopping a beam saber with metal sword, cutting away beam laser, stylish destruction of terrain, come on, what is this? Bleach? I don't even like the idea of beam sabers clashing against each other or beam versus beam attacks but this Samurai boy just takes it to the realm of Super Robots. And don't get me started on these new fighters who are extremely skilled but have almost no interest in the Gundam franchise. I wanna see a show full of people who are passionate as builder, fighter and fan like Sei and Ral.

Don't get me wrong, if the idea of manipulating PP can be related to Gundam-esque technology, like I-Field and an offline Satellite Cannon, it's still somewhat relevant. This includes beam shield, stuff like Nu Gundam's funnels shield, usage of Newtype-based weapons or Phase Shift.

However, to start deploying tactics which would almost be supernatural, such as going to the point of Trans-Am performance, F91 after images, Devil Gundam's nanomachine repair, crazy cool but still unacceptable sword skills, Unicorn's hijacking of funnels, Psychoframe field or god forbid, another scene such as Zaku Amazing getting destroyed BUT amazingly, the parts are unscathed and reattaches into the Amazing Booster. This is just eye candy but really crap in my opinion. I guess what I've liked about Gundam Build Fighters so far was it reminds me of that famous Stark Jegan versus Kshatriya, where both opponent actually had a chance to defeat each other.

Now, it's just about who can manipulate the PP into the most imbalance weapon or technique. Makes me like Yuuki and Reiji more though.

And I bet Aila defeating an Alpha Azieru using a Quebeley equipped with Lance was also somewhat similar to the discussion about how Kira was so godly in his Strike Freedom and his level 99 evasion skill. Almost time where she's revealed to be a cloned superhuman, Reiji being an Ace pilot created from PP technology, Yuuki being the son of the PP inventor and that Takeshi Iori being the final boss.
Aurelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 23:06   Link #51
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelis View Post
This is just one example so far but stopping a beam saber with metal sword
I won't touch other subject, but this one is from the original Astray. The Red Frame was meant to do that.
Old 2013-11-27, 23:10   Link #52
Aurelis
Daydreamer

Quote:
I won't touch other subject, but this one is from the original Astray. The Red Frame was meant to do that.
Just because the Astray can do it doesn't make it seem acceptable to me and some other people.

Copied shamelessly from Gundam wiki:

"Gerbera Straight" Katana

While Red Frame had the same basic armament of the other two Gundam Astray units, Lowe dislikes the high energy requirements of the beam weapons. Therefore, he favors using the "Gerbera Straight", a mobile suit-sized katana given to him by the eccentric old swordsman Un No after Lowe repaired the damaged sword. Unlike the swords used by ZAFT suits like the ZGMF-1017 GINN, the Gerbera Straight is extremely sharp, and does not rely on the kinetic energy of a high-speed swing to cut through its targets.

Yeah, sure that thing, at pinpoint can go against a beam saber cause it's been "coated and manipulating Plavsky Particles".

This goes the same for, 00 units going Trans-Am, Unicorn's psychoframe force field, and God Finger.
Old 2013-11-27, 23:13   Link #53
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Yeah, sure that thing, at pinpoint can go against a beam saber cause it's been "coated and manipulating Plavsky Particles".

This goes the same for, 00 units going Trans-Am, Unicorn's psychoframe force field, and God Finger.
It's like this is the first time you hear about "Anti-Beam Coating".

Now going in-depth about what the Sengoku Astray did, while they are not clarified yet, the proper possibility could be that Nils did just like what Mao did with his X Maoh. Remember, the X Maoh utilize its surrounding Particle to fire off the Satellite cannon without the need of microwave beam. Similarly, from the look of it, the Sengoku Astray did something like a vacuum that suck all the surrounding particle, condense them and then just discharge all together. Notice how the front of the Tallgeese doesn't show damage, but its thruster got displaced from the Tallgeese's back.

I don't expect you to accept it, but just don't go saying it's something like Bleach when they are trying to utilize its in their own setting.
Old 2013-11-27, 23:14   Link #54
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Where is it said that it can do that?
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 23:16   Link #55
Aurelis
Daydreamer

Quote:
Anti beam coating doesn't appear as blue energy fending off laser attacks.

Old 2013-11-27, 23:18   Link #56
Aurelis
Daydreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBredbeard View Post
Where is it said that it can do that?
Old 2013-11-27, 23:18   Link #57
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Anti beam coating doesn't appear as blue energy fending off laser attacks.

And how that goes against my point? I was talking about how it managed to fend off the beam saber.
Old 2013-11-27, 23:22   Link #58
Aurelis
Daydreamer

Quote:

Now going in-depth about what the Sengoku Astray did, while they are not clarified yet, the proper possibility could be that Nils did just like what Mao did with his X Maoh. Remember, the X Maoh utilize its surrounding Particle to fire off the Satellite cannon without the need of microwave beam. Similarly, from the look of it, the Sengoku Astray did something like a vacuum that suck all the surrounding particle, condense them and then just discharge all together. Notice how the front of the Tallgeese doesn't show damage, but its thruster got displaced from the Tallgeese's back.

I don't expect you to accept it, but just don't go saying it's something like Bleach when they are trying to utilize its in their own setting.
Bleach was also a manipulation of energy, which is like Plavsky Particles, no?

The Tallgeese was already commented to be heavily armoured and with the skills of its builder and probable high quality painting, I'm not surprised it was unscathed.

All I'm saying is that this series will start implementing things unseen in the conventional Gundam setting and it's cool that you and many others like it but me and some others would have our own hesitation. Not that it will ruin the the enjoyment of the series but it feels "off" for some of us who liked a level playing field. And don't start on "well, adapt to the new meta and start manipulating PP" cause we all have our preferences. I stated mine and that's that.
Old 2013-11-27, 23:29   Link #59
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Bleach was also a manipulation of energy, which is like Plavsky Particles, no?

All I'm saying is that this series will start implementing things unseen in the conventional Gundam setting and it's cool that you and many others like it but me and some others would have our own hesitation. Not that it will ruin the the enjoyment of the series but it feels "off" for some of us.
The Plavsky Particle is just like the GN Particle. It's the foundation of the series. Bleach from the start isn't built off from moving and fighting by using energy. People have always been asking what is it and why the heck did only model kit could use it, while other thing like figurine couldn't. Now they address the problem.

It's the Minovsky particle of Gundam BF, whether you like it or not. I'm just surprised people are surprised about this.

Last edited by Duo Maxwell; 2013-11-27 at 23:39.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 23:35   Link #60
Aurelis
Daydreamer

Quote:
The Plavsky Particle is just like the GN Particle. It's the foundation of the series. Bleach from the start isn't built off from moving and fighting by using energy. People have always been asking what is it and why the heck did only model kit could use it, while other thing like figurine couldn't. Now they address the problem.

It's the Minovsky particle of Gundam BF, whether you like it or not. I'm just surprised people are surprised about this.
This is very off-topic but can I assume that you also liked 00: A wakening of the Trailblazer?