AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Rumble

Notices

View Poll Results: SR Second Term Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 7 20.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 6 17.14%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 22.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 11.43%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 14.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 8.57%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.86%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.86%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-03, 13:42   Link #41
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredder
. Is Tenma going to be a fatty? That would be funny
Hope that doesn't lead Harima to this train of thought:

"OMG, WTF, Tenma's become a rhino! No... wait... Could she be... [baseless, irrational thought that somehow directs Tenma's actions towards him as a display of affection]! YES!! Now I understand! Thank you Tenma-chan!!! I'll grow fat and heavy, too!"
Old 2006-06-03, 13:45   Link #42
Shredder

Fatty would be a real shocker, I have yet to see a single overweight female in any series. Ah, the fantasy land of anime
Old 2006-06-03, 13:47   Link #43
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Yes, for it is known, anime girls don't gain enough weight to look ugly And if they do, they gain it Orihime-style
Old 2006-06-03, 14:28   Link #44
Zappster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K
You think so? I think those two shows have been far and away funnier than SR this season.
Yep. IMO if I compare the first 8 episodes of all these shows(the minimum amount of eps I've seen subbed of all 3) I'd have to say that I've found SR season 2 on average to be funnier than the other two shows. Even some of the weaker episodes of SR, such as this one, I've found to be funnier than the weakest episodes of the other shows mentioned. There have been certain weeks where I thought "hmm this was funnier than this weeks SR episode" but as I said the majority has been the other way round. Now you could argue that the other shows have more going for them than just the comedy and I probably wouldn't disagree but I still stand by my opinion I stated previously. Obviously this could change with future episodes.
Old 2006-06-03, 14:30   Link #45
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

I think all of them are funny, each in its own way, that is. Thank God this spring/summer has so many great series to watch Although, if SR really tries, it can outshine Ouran High School at least, although the Host Club is pretty funny, too.
Old 2006-06-03, 20:17   Link #46
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Yeah, SR at its best is funnier than Ouran at its best, but SR hasn't been at its best often enough this season.

Though (and this is opinion, remember), I think Suzumiya Haruhi > SR and Ouran, pretty much unconditionally.
Old 2006-06-03, 22:37   Link #47
Shredder

What parts would you say were SR at its best? I thought bald Harima and Eri bonfire dance were top notch. Unbearded and bald Harima eps had me laughing til my face hurt. I just started Ouran, first ep was boring but few series start off strong right away
Old 2006-06-04, 00:31   Link #48
Zappster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K
Yeah, SR at its best is funnier than Ouran at its best, but SR hasn't been at its best often enough this season.

Though (and this is opinion, remember), I think Suzumiya Haruhi > SR and Ouran, pretty much unconditionally.
Oh I'd probably agree with that if we were talking overall quality, as I love Suzumiya Haruhi. Comedy-wise I don't think it quite matches SR though(IMO).

Also don't get me wrong I'm not knocking the other shows either(this isn't aimed strictly at you Sorrow-K). I think they're all brilliant shows in their own right.
Old 2006-06-04, 14:54   Link #49
Taylor--
!

Good episode, rating it 8/10. It had it's moments but it could have been much better. Like others said too, lack of Harima! But his brief onscreen moment was still funny.

As for the 3 comedy's of Spring being talked about, I personally am still enjoying School Rumble more then both. I really love Suzumiya Haruhi, but still SR beat's it out just by a bit. Ouran I'm really enjoying, but not as much as Suzumiya Haruhi and School Rumble.
Old 2006-06-05, 06:27   Link #50
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

i have to give this episode a mediocre at best rating. maybe i should rewatch, yeah ill do that anyway.

but the plot was pretty thin. most of this episode is setting up for the next one, but thats no excuse to leave out the funny. tenma still could have gone to practice to share the food even if she couldnt get any play time.
Old 2006-06-06, 15:09   Link #51
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Several things were funny about this one:

Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-06, 21:34   Link #52
Shredder

Agreed--come to think of it, it was the first time I had seen Tenma downbeat. Kinda sad moment, hanging head and all. Normally she's the one you can count on to be cheerful in the show no matter the circumstances. That pink mask is the best