AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-13, 21:45   Link #201
DazarGaidin
There there, Maggie-chan

^ yeah she shot his body thru the door.

Anyone else think hillshire is a completely different character? I mean, he was one of the most uptight guys on the show before now hes almost like jose's college buddy or something.

DazarGaidin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 22:00   Link #202
LemonLimeIntestines
Intestine muncher

I saw the first episode. The animation made me feel like something was wrong...it just didn't seem like Gunslinger Girl anymore...
LemonLimeIntestines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 22:50   Link #203
dfens

Ok I rewatched that scene again, she does shoot him through the door. It makes it look like Triela shot him in the head she should have, better to shoot through a window then a door.

Still the size of the hole in the door was way too big looked like a few shotgun slugs went through the door which we know she didn't have.

This show was rushed plain and simple. Look at all the reviews no one is happy with this season.

Hell if I wasn't such a fan of the series I don't know if I could tolerate this travisty. I guess I'm still happy that my solid work figures finally came in for GSG a full set.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 23:17   Link #204
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfens View Post
Ok I rewatched that scene again, she does shoot him through the door. It makes it look like Triela shot him in the head she should have, better to shoot through a window then a door.

Still the size of the hole in the door was way too big looked like a few shotgun slugs went through the door which we know she didn't have.

This show was rushed plain and simple. Look at all the reviews no one is happy with this season.

Hell if I wasn't such a fan of the series I don't know if I could tolerate this travisty. I guess I'm still happy that my solid work figures finally came in for GSG a full set.
Realism in weapons handling and ballistic effects is... well, I don't think its realistic to expect too much out of any anime to address them well when few movies have. Certainly, they couldn't animate the wounding effects realistically if they wanted to sell this to a sizable enough audience.

As for the hole in the door, might have been buckshot rather than regular birdshot, but then I haven't seen for myself how buckshot does against car doors, so yeah.

At least the last guy Triela shot was animated fairly realistically, the size of the wound, the amount of fluid, no John Woo flying back 12 meters but simply collapsing on the spot.
Old 2008-01-13, 23:44   Link #205
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

For me the shoots seem fine.

They must have cut the expence for the animation for this season, I miss the detail of the drawing of the first season, and they stick less to the manga, no .
ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 23:56   Link #206
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Well... looking at the staff list it'd seem that the mangaka, Yu Aida, is responsible for Series Composition, Screenplay and overall Supervision. As she seems to be actively participating in the second season it shouldn't turn all that bad. At least it is a good sign
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 00:32   Link #207
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I kinda like the animation from the first season better than the new one. The new one makes them look....I don't know more child-like? It doesn't give that serious look as it did from the last season. Anyway....
Spoiler:
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 02:26   Link #208
LionsMane
Courageous Guardian

Send a message via AIM to LionsMane
I just finished episode 1 and I don't know how I really feel about it. The animation isn't terrible by any means, obviously it is different from the first season. I wonder if they wanted to give the girls a more innocent look about them.

The first episode honestly felt a little rushed and I feel like the only hook it had for me was that it was the second season of a great a first season. On a stand alone basis I don't know if the first episode would have been good enough for me.

Regardless I still plan to watch in hopes of it getting better. It probably won't be as good as the first season but if it's enjoyable it's good enough for me.
Old 2008-01-14, 03:44   Link #209
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
Failure!!!
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 08:09   Link #210
Mashimaro
q8D

I'm happy that there is a second season but.. it's completely different from first season >_< which I prefer.
Mashimaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 08:17   Link #211
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I actually prefer the new season's pacing, though not its production quality.

Also, I actually like some of the newer seiyuu choice than previously including the omnipresent Takehito Koyasu.

And to me, Kou Otani never ceases to impress as far as background OSTs go.

As for the gunplay, it was vintage Gunslinger Girls. It surely won't have the noir impact the first season had, but I think the new season will still be pretty fun.

Last edited by SuperKnuckles; 2008-01-14 at 08:31.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 12:11   Link #212
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

Like many of the others, I was a bit let down by Episode 1. As stated the overall quality of the animation was down, but still acceptable. As a Delgados fan prior to the the first series, I have to say that I was disappointed with both the Opening music and I didn't care for the "live action" rotoscoped video. The characters definitely exhibit Moe tendencies, which is all the rage now. I'll continue to watch the series, and reserve my judgment until I've seen more.
Verist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 14:33   Link #213
ginrai1984
100% silver voltage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoMan View Post
Well... looking at the staff list it'd seem that the mangaka, Yu Aida, is responsible for Series Composition, Screenplay and overall Supervision. As she seems to be actively participating in the second season it shouldn't turn all that bad. At least it is a good sign
actually that has never been confirmed i believe and artland relations between mangaka&studio were always bad from the start and seen the actual first ep makes a lot of fans think he isn't involved with the 2nd season(or highly possible the director doesn't want him to be involved).
ginrai1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 15:09   Link #214
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Really? I decided to give it a check at the Japanese Wikipedia entry and the staff page and it'd seem she is still credited for the series supervision, character design and screenplay... well but I dunno anything more than that. Do you have the source where it talks about the in-fighting?
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 15:20   Link #215
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

It's quite amazing how just a single episode into the new season I have already made the change from liking Henrietta and Jose to wanting to kill them and burn their bodies. OK, maybe just slap them but still...More blushing and than in the first episode of a random high school moe-themed comedy? WTF?

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 15:56   Link #216
rg4619

Prior to broadcast, Aida spoke a lot about the new show, so he's got to be intimately involved with production as the credits indicate. On his site, he's still backing the series (with a link to the official site), so there's no sign of a falling out.

I've never heard of Artland's issues. However, I do know that Akitaro Daichi (who directed the outstanding Bokura ga Ita for Artland) previously clashed with the author of Fruits Basket.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 18:09   Link #217
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Episode 2
Spoiler:

All in all, a much better episode than the first episode, but feels somewhat like a generic show about terrorists.
Old 2008-01-14, 18:13   Link #218
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

I really don't mind it. Obviously it's different to the first season, but I still think it's quite enjoyable. I'm going to take it on its own merits and see how it unfolds. It's unfair to condemn it from the first episode.
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 18:25   Link #219
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

True, but I just saw first episode.

Triela runs in front of a window and doesn't get shot.
She loads a shotgun but shoots a rifle bullet.
Is that Hillshire? I couldn't tell the different between him and Giose.
Rico too blonde.
When Henrietta went to Giose's door, her face went all distorted.

Man Artland let the realism of this series go to crap.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 18:52   Link #220
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
It's quite amazing how just a single episode into the new season I have already made the change from liking Henrietta and Jose to wanting to kill them and burn their bodies. OK, maybe just slap them but still...More blushing and than in the first episode of a random high school moe-themed comedy? WTF?
I think it makes sense if Henrietta is really supposed to be the brainwashed killing machine she is. The emphasis on the brainwashing part. I actually didn't really like the old, Heero-Yui Henrietta, so maybe that's why I'm a bit indifferent about it.

Also, I wonder how true is that the newer season is actually a bit more consistent to the manga than the older anime was.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, loli, seinen