AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-08-25, 11:25   Link #1081
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
i had no idea on how the Team Ptolmey will preform with the XN Raisers in the tv series instead of using the GNHW units...
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 11:28   Link #1082
Alexus_Z3
new to gunpla

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Man, XN Raiser is really cool. So it is what 0 Raiser will be if it is given time to upgrade and piloted by combat-able person...
I know........man just imagine Lasse is the one piloted 0 Raiser or even XN Raiser
Alexus_Z3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 11:48   Link #1083
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus_Z3 View Post
I know........man just imagine Lasse is the one piloted 0 Raiser or even XN Raiser
he already did that after the Exia's GN Arms was destroyed, & its called Gradius & R-Type
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2009-08-25, 13:25   Link #1084
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
That girl seems familiar.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 14:22   Link #1085
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6 View Post
XN-Raiser Seravee [I hereby name Seravee "King of Overdone"]

And as usual, my take on the story parts. Saji and Tieria are in their expected attitudes:
Ten Swords.........now Lord Exia have been de-throned as the King of Swords.

So.........is the XN-Raiser really no more than a simulator concept now?
Old 2009-08-25, 15:59   Link #1086
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

For the most part, I guess. However to even have it in the simulator, the XN-Raiser must've been planned to be used in actual combat at some point. Just like the 00 Gundam Seven Sword: Amy Zimbalist fought it in a simulator, and we know that Celestial Being planned to create the Seven Sword system for the 00 before the 0-Raiser took priority. The XN-Raiser is likely a similar case.
Old 2009-08-25, 18:17   Link #1087
spazze
I'M THE REAL KAMEN RIDER!

according to ngee khiong, xn raiser is universal

for lulz... xn drossel

fits perfectly on figmas
spazze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 20:06   Link #1088
KaiDamien
Sua-ve-ke-va

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidvanz View Post
Spoiler for Hide:
Which month will that (magazine) be coming out?
KaiDamien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 20:43   Link #1089
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post

So.........is the XN-Raiser really no more than a simulator concept now?
Over kill x 500
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 21:15   Link #1090
mike_s_6

Quote:
Someone actually commented that he's going to do a XN-Raiser Seravee and turn it into a candle stand
mike_s_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 21:17   Link #1091
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazze View Post
according to ngee khiong, xn raiser is universal

for lulz... xn drossel

fits perfectly on figmas
LOL. Even the color fits
Old 2009-08-26, 05:42   Link #1092
solidvanz
Special Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiDamien View Post
Which month will that (magazine) be coming out?
This month for October Issue. But, you can get the scans from the SRW site.
Old 2009-08-26, 06:31   Link #1093
KaiDamien
Sua-ve-ke-va

^^ Nice thanks. I got it but didnt realised it was in october's one lol

Last edited by KaiDamien; 2009-08-26 at 06:47.
KaiDamien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 13:59   Link #1094
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
For the most part, I guess. However to even have it in the simulator, the XN-Raiser must've been planned to be used in actual combat at some point. Just like the 00 Gundam Seven Sword: Amy Zimbalist fought it in a simulator, and we know that Celestial Being planned to create the Seven Sword system for the 00 before the 0-Raiser took priority. The XN-Raiser is likely a similar case.
Regarding the Seven Sword,was a physical prototype actually built?Or did it stay strictly a simulator concept?

I know Ascalon was in data form only as well and Robert Spacey modified it for much better performace,I had the impression that a physical prototype of these were built but thinking about it now..........most of them never left the drawing board did they?The thought never occured to me until now........

Cannot remember SAGA,but I think someone fought a physical version of that one,so maybe that's the only 4th Gen Variation that got a physical prototype?
Old 2009-08-26, 14:58   Link #1095
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Regarding the Seven Sword,was a physical prototype actually built?Or did it stay strictly a simulator concept?
I know Ascalon was in data form only as well and Robert Spacey modified it for much better performace,I had the impression that a physical prototype of these were built but thinking about it now..........most of them never left the drawing board did they?The thought never occured to me until now........

Cannot remember SAGA,but I think someone fought a physical version of that one,so maybe that's the only 4th Gen Variation that got a physical prototype?
I believe so, the weapons were actually built, but when ideas on the O-Raiser began they were stored and left to collect dust.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 15:38   Link #1096
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Here's some further info related to the Neo-Hed,from MechaTalk:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calubin_175
The GN-X's head sensors could be potentially disabled by linear gun fire according to the Klaus' Enact chapter. I guess apart from Patrick losing his head two times against Celestial Being, Katharon may have been disabling GNX series units as well. Lockon's sniping might also have done the same.

Regarding the colouring of the Neo-hed, the data implies that the blue accents are only for trial units.

Since both the Ahead Long Tail and Neo-hed share the same color scheme and are designated as ESF, would that mean that ESF develops and tests trials models and then passes them onto A-Laws? But of course, the Ahead is not intended to be a mainstay grunt unit, as the controls are not for the average pilot, similar to the GM Custom and GM Command. Hence, that is why ESF keeps all the GN-X frames. I have a gut feeling that the GN-X IV will be an 800 or 900 series. The Neo-hed examplified that common frames can cross between design series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I believe so, the weapons were actually built, but when ideas on the O-Raiser began they were stored and left to collect dust.
Reading the 00P Chapters,I'm not so sure anymore,at least I'm on the fence.I don't think it was mentioned that they were ever made physically made,now that I think about it,as far as Ascalon and 7 Sword were concerned;both of them appeared in simulation and virtual realms only if I'm not mistaken.SEMs were in the process of being built until production hit troubled times [Not to mention,Tiera chose not to use them like revealed in the latest 00V].I think SAGA may have appeared physically though,fighting one of the GN-X from 00V;taken from the GN-X's pilot perspective.
Old 2009-08-26, 16:11   Link #1097
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The Seven Sword equipment was mostly constructed for the 00 Gundam, yes. They came across a production problem with it, also: namely, the GN-Katars. The GN-Condenser material used to create the blade was imperfect at the time and wouldn't work properly, resulting in the blades melting themselves. Celestial Being eventually perfected it, however, and used it to create the GN-Sword III and GN-Sword Kai. Its likely all other bladed GN weapons will also use this material.

So yeah, of the four 4th Gen variations we've seen, only the SAGA was completed and used in combat. The 00 Seven Sword and Seravee 3G were in the process of being created, but were never completed.
Old 2009-08-27, 03:16   Link #1098
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

The Neo-Head's profile translated from Mechatalk:

Quote:
Originally Posted by toysdream
Here's the description from the MSV profile for the Neo-Hed:

Quote:
A next generation machine developed using data that was gathered using machines such as the GNX-704T/AC Sakigake and GNX-704T/SP Smultron as testbeds. The developers' plan was to divide the Federation's mass production machines into two series, with a new model of GN-X as a lightweight mobile suit and this machine as a heavy mobile suit. However, when the scandalous actions of the A-LAWS were revealed to the world, for the sake of public opinion they had no choice but to cancel the development of a machine based on the Ahead which had effectively been exclusive to the A-LAWS.

The most distinctive feature of this machine was the elimination of its head. Thanks to this unusual style, this machine, which was originally to be called "neo head," became known as "no head" and the name stuck. Although it had no problems with performance, this tragic machine ended with little more than ten prototypes due to political decisions.
As for the lack of a head, here's the explanation from the following page:

Quote:
Combat data had made it clear that the sensors concentrated in the head were often hit and destroyed in battle. Thus, in this machine the head was eliminated, and the sensors were distributed throughout the body.
-- Mark
Despite the appearance of the thing, the Neo-Head does have quite a logical backstory, which I like

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 04:16   Link #1099
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
The Neo-Head's profile translated from Mechatalk:

Despite the appearance of the thing, the Neo-Head does have quite a logical backstory, which I like
more like "thank you, Mark Simmons"
Old 2009-08-27, 04:20   Link #1100
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Mark Simmons is kinda self-explanatory when his signature comes up in his posts

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote