AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Gundam Build Fighters - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 2 8.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 16.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 56.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 8.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 8.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 4.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-10-28, 20:44   Link #41
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I expect someone rich will make their Gunpla out of metal(Titanium???).
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-28, 20:45   Link #42
Mephis
Banned

Now that I think about it, I don't think I saw a single AGE Gunpla even as a box in the Iori Shop despite them having the rebooted/remastered SEED Gunpla such as Lagowe
Mephis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-28, 20:49   Link #43
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephis View Post
Now that I think about it, I don't think I saw a single AGE Gunpla even as a box in the Iori Shop despite them having the rebooted/remastered SEED Gunpla such as Lagowe
Right, nothing from 00 S2, 00 movie, nor AGE has been shown, or CAN by shown on this show due to the MBS agreement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Keep in mind that Gunpla work because they are made of the "special plastic" that reacts with Plavsky particles... So most likely there's a limit to how much foreign material a builder can put in.
Old 2013-10-28, 20:57   Link #44
Mephis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Right, nothing from 00 S2, 00 movie, nor AGE has been shown, or CAN by shown on this show due to the MBS agreement.

Keep in mind that Gunpla work because they are made of the "special plastic" that reacts with Plavsky particles... So most likely there's a limit to how much foreign material a builder can put in.
I guess metal stuff only pertains to weaponry or shield.
Old 2013-10-28, 21:17   Link #45
Mephis
Banned

You know, I wonder why Mao wasn't made as a female character?

The guy's face looks female in a way but it seems he is male =w=
Old 2013-10-28, 21:30   Link #46
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
It will affect their Gunpla's performance, since only the plastic part could interact with the particle. That's why only Build Strike's shield is reinforced with metal part, and not the whole shield.

Quote:
You know, I wonder why Mao wasn't made as a female character?

The guy's face looks female in a way but it seems he is male =w=
Not sure about that, since the first time I saw him, I knew he's a guy. The same thing with Sei and Sazaki. I honestly don't know why people could mistake them for girls. They are far from being trap.
Old 2013-10-28, 21:33   Link #47
justpassingby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Principalities View Post

Reminds me of cartoons featuring those tamiya cars and others in similar vein...
Proto Emperor > Super Emperor > Emperor > Great Emperor. And Horizon beats them all .

Joshing aside, early this morning BACK-ON was the guest for the Listen! radio program. Too bad I went too sleep early and I probably had missed the full version of the OP. The audio is available at Youtube though, but all the songs that were played were edit out by the uploader.
I am really looking forward to the theme songs single and the OST.

Images
The SEIyuu and (part of) the band
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Speaking of similar vein, I saw 2ch already dubbing the voice actress of Sei as seiyuu who voiced toy commercials' characters . There are not
that much though.

Last edited by justpassingby; 2013-10-28 at 21:44.
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 00:48   Link #48
Mephis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post

Not sure about that, since the first time I saw him, I knew he's a guy. The same thing with Sei and Sazaki. I honestly don't know why people could mistake them for girls. They are far from being trap.
People thought Sei and Sazaki were girls? What in the world?! LOL

Mao however when I saw him, I thought it was a girl because of the cute face and the eyes pretty much.
Old 2013-10-29, 07:39   Link #49
Dark Wing

Quote:
Its true. Its not a broadcast rule but a production agreement with MBS, which was the broadcaster and co-producer for Seed, 00, and AGE.

Those shows are too new and my guess is it was to protect MBS and prevent Sunrise from taking one of those shows and producing a sequel with a rival company (which TV Tokyo, the broadcast for Gundam BF, is) within a specified period of time.

Unicorn and Gunpla Builders weren't produced by MBS so that's why they can be on this show even though they came out after Gundam 00.
Man talk about BS copyright rules sunrise rarely make sequels to any CE series and as fare as I'm aware Seed was the only exception. This sounds almost as bad as the situation with Marvel selling their movie copyrights to fox and sony only to be unable to get them back.

Last edited by Dark Wing; 2013-10-29 at 21:03.
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 08:22   Link #50
Mephis
Banned

Guys, I just realized Sei started building Build Gundam Mk-II.

If you see 07:42 and 08:19, you will see that Sei is in the middle of making Build Gundam Mk-II's long beam rifle

I guess it will come out soon enough then.
Old 2013-10-29, 09:28   Link #51
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I'm more fond of "The Idol That's A Nerd" archetype rather than how Kirara was character-typed. Think of how Uesaka is a voice actress who was into Russian tanks. Voice acting is her job and Russian senshado were what made her special. Getting it the other way round is just shallow.

However, Sunrise gave me the perfect cliche "antagonist" for my fic, so I'm glad.
Old 2013-10-29, 09:34   Link #52
Mephis
Banned

Now the question remains: Is she going to show up again...?

Better yet, will she befriend Sei for real in the future...?
Old 2013-10-29, 10:23   Link #53
Ottocycle

Quote:
Intriguing. Care to elaborate, if you please?
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 11:37   Link #54
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Now the question remains: Is she going to show up again...?

Better yet, will she befriend Sei for real in the future...?
Throughout the episode, I think Sunrise did hint that she will come back as a modeler. She was able to analysis Sei's gunpla, and she could tell that his gunpla are top notch when she was visiting Sei's shop. Furthermore, there is her question that she doesn't even know if she's an idol or a modeler, and how she keeps on sticking with the GM (the Gerbera Tetra wasn't built by her) both in her conversation and her flashback made me think she doesn't hate Gunpla.

Then we have Mr.Ral's last words toward her. I have a strong feeling she will return, for a better. Hopefully it will be Mihoshi, not Kirara.
Old 2013-10-29, 12:20   Link #55
Mephis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Throughout the episode, I think Sunrise did hint that she will come back as a modeler. She was able to analysis Sei's gunpla, and she could tell that his gunpla are top notch when she was visiting Sei's shop. Furthermore, there is her question that she doesn't even know if she's an idol or a modeler, and how she keeps on sticking with the GM (the Gerbera Tetra wasn't built by her) both in her conversation and her flashback made me think she doesn't hate Gunpla.

Then we have Mr.Ral's last words toward her. I have a strong feeling she will return, for a better. Hopefully it will be Mihoshi, not Kirara.
Because she looks better as Mihoshi?

Fact is how her Mihoshi looks are getting more fanarts than her Kirara look XD
Old 2013-10-29, 12:27   Link #56
Vsin
Aldracity

...huh, I just realized something. The reason why Mihoshi like 0080 GMs may be because all the kits she mentioned have nearly identical parts, only with minor modifications (like the Sniper pack or the RGM-79 GS backpack/rifle). Pretty easy to memorize when you only really need to differentiate the accessories.
Vsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 12:28   Link #57
Mephis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsin View Post
...huh, I just realized something. The reason why Mihoshi like 0080 GMs may be because all the kits she mentioned have nearly identical parts, only with minor modifications (like the Sniper pack or the RGM-79 GS backpack/rifle). Pretty easy to memorize when you only really need to differentiate the accessories.
I wonder if she actually made GMs in general then lol
Old 2013-10-29, 19:20   Link #58
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Man talk about BS copyright rules sunrise rarely make sequels to any CE series and as fare as I'm aware was the only exception. This sounds almost as bad as the situation with Marvel selling their movie copyrights to fox and sony only to be unable to get them back.
I'm not sure its as bad as what happened to Marvel... Since Gundam 00 Season 1 can be used in the show and Season 2 can't... Season 1 came out 6 years ago and Season 2 came out 5... So maybe its just a limited-time agreement that runs out after 5 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottocycle View Post
Intriguing. Care to elaborate, if you please?
Yeah, turn back a page - I elaborated there.
Old 2013-10-29, 20:11   Link #59
Mephis
Banned

It's ok. 00 Season 2 and over have OP mobile suits and AGE has fail ones.

And it's better to see mobile suits that have similar kind of system and engine fighting each other lol.
Old 2013-10-29, 21:00   Link #60
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

OP doesn't seem to matter much in Build Fighters. The Freedom was definitely overpowered in SEED. Certainly didn't help it much in the first episode of BF.