AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2017-03-12, 08:58   Link #821
tdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I didn't think there was anything wrong with how he he led last season and so nothing to "reap" sortaspeak.
Same here, I saw no problem with his leadership last season, he made brutal but correct decisions when it really counted given the choices that he had been given, even after Biscuit's death. But right now he's... he's completely out of it and ends up even betraying himself.

Quote:
As for the codependence thing? Well, only one other person has been able to comment on it (Biscuit), and that's really because only one other person knows about it. Everyone know that Mika obeys Orga's orders to the letter, but practically no one knows about the pull that Mika has over Orga. Even Biscuit, who was practically Orga's second, didn't know until Orga told him. It's because Orga is the more well adjusted one of the pair, so it doesn't seem like he's codependent on Mika. You only would realize it if you watched the two long and close enough to notice how Orga watches Mika for cues at what to do, or when Orga and Mika talk alone.
I thought it was a really nice detail how Biscuit started to catch on to those little clues and sidelong glances after Orga shed a bit of light for him on his side of the codependance. It was especially obvious when Naze issued them with an ultimatum. Good ol' times those were...
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-12, 11:07   Link #822
darkone45

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdx View Post
Tbh, Eugene has a lot more potential to become a Biscuit to Orga than Zack ever could because all Zack ever does is fretting, panicking and bringing the mood down instead of actually, you know, bringing a reasonable opinion and level-headed well-founded options to the table. Unlike Biscuit, he doesn't think the situation through, doesn't help things and only makes them worse. And doesn't really understand the members who are orphans from the streets like with Hush and Dane, "he whose belly is full, believes not him who is fasting", like the saying goes. So yeah, he'd better either remove himself from the picture by quitting and get back to just a comic relief. I kinda liked him as one, now I find him annoying and counter-productive as hell.
Once again you were right tdx, all Zack dose is bring down the mood
darkone45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-12, 12:08   Link #823
chi4ko
Astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkone45 View Post
As he should. He's the only sane man on this lunatic cruise.
Old 2017-03-12, 12:16   Link #824
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Zack just doesn't understand because he's a relatively rich kid playing adventure. Tekkadan was nothing but something to do with a decent paycheck for him, as opposed to the only place to call home.
Old 2017-03-12, 12:19   Link #825
darkone45

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Zack just doesn't understand because he's a relatively rich kid playing adventure. Tekkadan was nothing but something to do with a decent paycheck for him, as opposed to the only place to call home.
He straight up left as soon as things got real, he should have known things would have ended up this way when he joined Tekkadan, heck the only new characters willing to stay with Orga and the rest are Hush and Dane and their most likely the only new recruits there now what dose that say now ? honestly his just a coward in my eyes now
Old 2017-03-12, 13:07   Link #826
NBG

i give props do zak for leaving

he and takaki are smart
NBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-12, 13:32   Link #827
darkone45

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBG View Post
i give props do zak for leaving

he and takaki are smart
I Don't Respect him because Zack never understood what Tekkadan was at the first place, a home for people who have none, he on the other hand has a home and a dad with brings up the question why did Zack join Tekkaden in the first place.
Old 2017-03-12, 13:33   Link #828
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Same here, I saw no problem with his leadership last season, he made brutal but correct decisions when it really counted given the choices that he had been given, even after Biscuit's death. But right now he's... he's completely out of it and ends up even betraying himself.

I thought it was a really nice detail how Biscuit started to catch on to those little clues and sidelong glances after Orga shed a bit of light for him on his side of the codependance. It was especially obvious when Naze issued them with an ultimatum. Good ol' times those were...
He lacked the same ambition in the raw sense that he had last season. Jasley being a minor threat yet he successfully and completely destroys the Turbines and Orga couldnt even salvafe Azee and Lafter from the mess while having his ties cut with Teiwaz.
Old 2017-03-12, 13:46   Link #829
tdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi4ko View Post
As he should. He's the only sane man on this lunatic cruise.
He's the only different one in that he has a family and a home outside of Tekkadan. It doesn't make Tekkadan "lunatics" or him "sane", it just gives him things to lose outside Tekkadan like we've seen with Biscuit and Takaki. In that sense, his leaving is natural, but his shitting on everyone else who decided to stay is unjust because he doesn't even understand them. If his real family was in danger, he wouldn't be nearly as "sane", I bet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
He lacked the same ambition in the raw sense that he had last season. Jasley being a minor threat yet he successfully and completely destroys the Turbines and Orga couldnt even salvafe Azee and Lafter from the mess while having his ties cut with Teiwaz.
Turbines's fall was mostly Naze's fault, or rather it happened because Naze lacked ambition and preferred to just ignore the threat that was Jasley and payed for it.
Old 2017-03-12, 19:34   Link #830
Olengie

Quote:
I Don't Respect him because Zack never understood what Tekkadan was at the first place, a home for people who have none, he on the other hand has a home and a dad with brings up the question why did Zack join Tekkaden in the first place.
To be a rebel against his dad. Probably not.

Most likely he thought Tekkadan was cool. Then he realized people die after his first battle. LOL
Olengie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-12, 23:22   Link #831
Irenesharda

Interestingly, the preview shows Rustal talking with Nobliss and Iok making plans.

What do you think he's going to try to pull this time?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-12, 23:35   Link #832
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Btw, for those who are complaining about Zack's knowledge coming out of nowhere back in MA-arc, now it was pretty much revealed that he hails from a seemly prosper family that can afford to take in one or two people and his dad is even implied to be able to give jobs to a certain extent. No wonder Zack can afford a good school that gave him the knowledge. I guess he pretty much joined Tekkadan for fame, money and adventure, unlike other kids. But how can he be oblivious to the orphan-problems and their poverty that forced them to stay at Tekkadan? He never heard of Kudelia's speech during the Noachis July Assembly? Did he never looked around the slums?
Old 2017-03-13, 00:23   Link #833
tdx

Quote:
Interestingly, the preview shows Rustal talking with Nobliss and Iok making plans.
Nobliss? Where? Did I miss something?

Anyway, Rustal is probably making sure no money or weapons from Nobliss' illegal sources goes to Tekkadan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I guess he pretty much joined Tekkadan for fame, money and adventure, unlike other kids. But how can he be oblivious to the orphan-problems and their poverty that forced them to stay at Tekkadan? He never heard of Kudelia's speech during the Noachis July Assembly? Did he never looked around the slums?
He never paid attention, I guess, because, you know, he's a carefree guy and doesn't seem to care about anything that doesn't involves him directly. Not too different from GH that don't understand the suffering of people from lower classes.
Old 2017-03-13, 01:21   Link #834
Skaddix

I wonder if the Nobliss Conversation backfires on Rustal.

Seems interesting that Nobliss isn't planning to hedge his bets. Which is what he has done all series long unless its just him testing Kudelia.

You figure Nobliss would be the type to either backdate some money to Kudelia or just happen to let it slip that a very important shipment is coming in.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-13, 02:55   Link #835
Skye629

Personally I dont see Nobliss striking any deals with Rustal, from the current episodes it seems like he would prefer to lay low and wait out the storm

Contacting Rustal (who may not even know of his existence, or at least his less-than savory business dealings behind the scenes) would paint an unnecessary target on his head, and give Rustal another target to wipe out for his scapegoat story

Exposing Nobliss could also expose links to Kudlia, which Gjallerhorn could easily use to consolidate further power/control over Mars
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-13, 03:15   Link #836
Irenesharda

Looking at the PV again, I'm beginning to think that theory that the "Gjallarhorn" that's surrounding them is actual McGillis' forces that he had hidden away somewhere. Like some have said, he does have Montag corporation. He should be able to strip that for resources. I mean, there's very little fighting in the PV and no one is acting like they are sieged by Rustal's forces. We do see that Iok does come at some point and fight's McGillis, I think that's going to happen in the second half after Rustal finishes talking to Nobliss and Iok.
The only problem with this theory is why did the phone go out then? So, it doesn't fit everything.

If it's not that, then Iok has just decided to take the long wait route and hold Tekkadan under seige. Either one of those options.

I do find it interesting we kind of get to see Macky's "real" face next week as he is without the shrewd and/or smug look. I'm wondering who it is he's talking to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Personally I dont see Nobliss striking any deals with Rustal, from the current episodes it seems like he would prefer to lay low and wait out the storm

Contacting Rustal (who may not even know of his existence, or at least his less-than savory business dealings behind the scenes) would paint an unnecessary target on his head, and give Rustal another target to wipe out for his scapegoat story

Exposing Nobliss could also expose links to Kudlia, which Gjallerhorn could easily use to consolidate further power/control over Mars
Quote:
Nobliss? Where? Did I miss something?

Anyway, Rustal is probably making sure no money or weapons from Nobliss' illegal sources goes to Tekkadan.
If you look very carefully at the shot of Rustal in the PV, on the screen on his desk he's got communications up for Iok on the bottom screen and Nobliss on the top one, I assume doing a 3 way call.

What they are talking about I don't know.

We know Rustal will consort with criminals when it suits his goal. He’s hypocritical that way.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2017-03-13 at 05:24.
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-13, 06:53   Link #837
kgrodriguez
Three Stars and a Sun

Quote:
The only problem with this theory is why did the phone go out then? So, it doesn't fit everything.
It could still be because of Rustal/GH on why the phone went out. Then at the time they noticed it, McG's other forces are inbound. Do notice that they are not with McGillis the whole time before the arrival of those forces, and he could very well be trying to contact them, failing because the phone was out, and just decided to go to the base instead. He chose to move at night so as to not be seen as much.

I think it's still a solid theory.
kgrodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-13, 07:53   Link #838
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Would be funny if he did it just to troll Tekkadan and make a cool pose on top of a mountain. Saying "guys look how awesome I am with this white coat".
Old 2017-03-13, 10:13   Link #839
AswgLaghima08

Really though that biker suit? Or pilot suit is dope asf still wondering why he wears the Fahreed colors since he honestly has no more reason to. Wouldve expected a white and red or black and red suit but whateves , still a cool mf.
AswgLaghima08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-13, 14:22   Link #840
darkone45

Its really hard to see Dane of all people as a killer his just too big and lovable to hurt anything, so I don't buy his story a big kid with a big heart could never hurt anyone.