AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-06-04, 21:17   Link #41
videoman190

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-07, 16:27   Link #42
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

Was not expecting ep 9 to turn out like this. This is now very unlikely to get a happy ending.
Old 2018-06-10, 01:16   Link #43
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanimebib View Post
This is now very unlikely to get a happy ending.
O ye of little faith. Plus it depends on what you mean by "happy."
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-10, 04:08   Link #44
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
O ye of little faith. Plus it depends on what you mean by "happy."
The main charm point of this anime is Hisone going all crazy, come running in, giving her lungs out yelling "O Masotan yo! Watashi wo matteita kai?!", jumping at and grabbing Masotan's head. Ah~ that's shiawase for me!

Spoiler for Shiawase:

I am not saying Hisone has no right to be in love with Okonogi. I mean he is such a wonderful guy and cherishes Masotan himself but if this comes at the cost of Hisone having to be separated from Masotan then I cannot seem to root for her with Okonogi even though they make such an adorable couple. Hisone to Masotan is my OTP at the end of everything.

Basically what I am trying to say is that the definition of happy ending for me is Hisone peropero Masotan like there's no tomorrow. Not her becoming Masotan's food. T_T

ps. I don't care about Hoshino's romance the slightest. Even though that Zaito guy has been pretty decent in the more recent episodes, I simply don't care.
Old 2018-06-10, 16:33   Link #45
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanimebib View Post
Basically what I am trying to say is that the definition of happy ending for me is Hisone peropero Masotan like there's no tomorrow. Not her becoming Masotan's food.
Personally, I think you'll get your wish. The show is called Hisone to Masotan, after all, not Hisone to Okonogi. Complications are a normal part of the dramatic process, and I suspect the creative team knows how to get them out of it.

Hisone thinks she's in love with Okonoki because the pushy miko-chan said so, not because of her own self-reflection. She cares for him, yes, but when she looked at her feelings on her own, she concluded that he was just a very strong friend. My guess is that something will happen to show Hisone that no matter what she feels about Okonoki, she loves Masotan more. At least that's how I'd write it.

Quote:
ps. I don't care about Hoshino's romance the slightest. Even though that Zaito guy has been pretty decent in the more recent episodes, I simply don't care.
Ha! Right there with you on that one.

Maybe Hoshino and Zaito will elope, finally giving Nao her chance to be a pilot.
Old 2018-06-11, 22:41   Link #46
Uribatake

Yeah, at last they gave Zaitou a redeeming quality, although not hitting on underage girls is a pretty low bar to clear. I'm very curious to see if they can make Hisone and Eru part of the ritual without undoing the recent romantic developments.
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-17, 16:09   Link #47
eceso

wow was not expecting that at the end

safe to say the air forces plan failed
eceso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-18, 00:25   Link #48
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

Didn't think Zaitou would break Hoshino's heart like that and in the process break his very own. He put Hoshino's dream ahead of his love so he finally redeemed himself.

Nao's time to shine was brilliant as well. I wonder if her mom quit being a d-pilot for the sake of having her.

A confession and a resignation. Wow! Didn't expect to see them happen.
Old 2018-06-18, 21:45   Link #49
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

My blog post today, describing the new insights HisoMaso has given me into the writing process:

Becoming One with the Dragon
Old 2018-06-19, 21:45   Link #50
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Uhhhhhhh.... ok.... that just happened... well, this series continues being weird, at least. No, I mean, I still like it, but... huh...
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-23, 18:05   Link #51
nojay
Scanlator

Chapter 11 -- well, that escalated quickly. The art looks like it's from another show, or at least from a show that had a decent budget for a change. Impressive.
Old 2018-06-24, 01:49   Link #52
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojay View Post
Chapter 11 -- well, that escalated quickly.
Which part? I thought the Miko's intended fate was made pretty clear an episode or two ago. What surprised me was why Masotan rejected Sada. Oh really...?
Old 2018-06-24, 11:01   Link #53
Dop
Mmmm....

Now that's a great episode, the huge OTF really have the feeling of how this is something ancient and terrifying which must be shepherded carefully.

I think it's been a given since we learned of the ritual that this was going to involve a sacrifice given the size of the ritual, so I'd been waiting for that shoe to drop. Also suspect that the miko (Misumi?) close to Okonogi is the chosen one.

Did like Sada's backstory.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-24, 20:39   Link #54
Friday
Im shy too...

come on....admit it....

you were all singing the ending theme like a karaoke song.....

great episode!!!
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-24, 21:04   Link #55
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Also suspect that the miko (Misumi?) close to Okonogi is the chosen one.
Yes, they said that in the previous episode.
Old 2018-06-29, 19:35   Link #56
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Started watching this. I'm really diggin the art style. It's playful and cute, yet still gives off high production. Gotta give it up to Bones.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-03, 01:59   Link #57
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
I would say that this is the best show that I've watched this Spring and really, it deserves some attention.

I have to say that I'm satisfied with the ending of Hisone to Maso-tan. Really, both Mari Okada and Hiroshi Kobayashi did a great job!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-07, 05:09   Link #58
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I think these last few episodes were rushed as hell. This show tried to do waaaay too much in a short space of time and I just don't think it worked out at all. There was a lot of potential to this story but it wasted too much time on character's flaws and hardly spent any on admirable traits so the balance was way off. And the entire setting and culture really underdeveloped and some important aspects of it just felt silly and arbitrary. You could really tell that the decision to only give it one cour really held it back.

I'd rate it okay, but not great.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-10, 21:50   Link #59
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I was gonna wait till it was released legally, but I saw... September? Fuck that!

So yeah, marathoned it over 2 days, and I must say, the pacing was perfect. Not too slow that the slice of life parts bored me too fast, and not too fast so the ending feels rushed. I must say, I enjoyed Masotan and the other dragons the most. I'm a real sucker for transforming planes, and Masotan is filling the void that Macross continues to leave unfulfilled since I don't think the 2018 anime TV series is cancelled or maybe the translation is off. Whatever the case is, seeing C-2, AWACS plane, F-15 and F-16 (I guess the Japanese has their own version as F-2) transforming into a dragon and back was a joy to watch, and seeing the mock dogfights had me on the edge of the seat. Seriously, that beats mecha battles anyday of the week.

I was also sure that Okada Mari would write the first original in which the childhood friend lost, but it seems like Hisone still considers Masotan to be #1 in her life, else she wouldn't have been able to pilot (poor Okonogi). Here I thought Okada would have grown up already, but I guess she can't still fully shake out her preferences. XD

That said, what I'm most surprised about is Kuno Misaki's performance. It's still not the best of the series as Kugimiya REALLY hit Flight Leader Kakiyasu out of the park, but like Kugimiya, it's nice to hear these two out of their typecast lolis. Still Kuno really was an eye-opener as Hisone, as her performance was very similar to HanaKana. Some of her inflections are near identical, likeher SSUTTOOPUU!, and for the dozen decades I've been a HanaKana fan since her adult debut in Zegapain, she is the first one to come even close.

Overall, how did Netflix take two of my Anime of the Cour, two cours in a row? First B: the Beginning, now Hisone to Masotan. I still I enjoyed B a lot more because the villain there was amazeballs, but still, HisoMaso isn't anything to scoff at. Sure the Spring Cour has overall been a disappointment to me so there's no competition, but as a whole I surely rate HisoMaso over the vast majority of the shows shown in spring OR winter this year.

10/10 - Anime of Spring Cour for me

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-01, 02:10   Link #60
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

HisoMaso wins Excellence Award in the Japan Media Arts Festival

Complete list of winners here.

Tags
dragons, slice of life