AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-07-14, 02:02   Link #21
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-14, 22:33   Link #22
topboy
poor man

Images
Remember game title ?
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2018-07-14 at 22:57. Reason: Please use either thumbnails or the [images] tag for large images.
topboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-14, 22:51   Link #23
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Other than the CGI being what it is (looks fine for SF II et al, not so great for the character animation) I was pretty happy with that premiere. The first few chapters are basically a misdirection about what sort of story this is anyway.

Will it continue to see subs? That’s the killer question...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-14, 23:00   Link #24
videoman190

Quote:
Originally Posted by topboy View Post
Images
Remember game title ?
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Rabio Lepus, Gradius , Metal Black, Son Son, Raiden, Final Star force, Dragon Sprit , Rayforce

Last edited by videoman190; 2018-07-15 at 06:20. Reason: Please don’t quote such a large image, put it under the [images] tag instead.
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-15, 00:25   Link #25
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep1:
It does seem to me that the male MC is the butt of physical violence jokes. He was also the one that was thinking "Die" just because he lost to the female MC playing a video game and stalking her.

This title and Chio's School Road seem to have a lot of negative vibes with their jokes. I was finding it a little hard to see the jokes with all the negative atmosphere associated with the jokes.
Old 2018-07-15, 01:47   Link #26
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That bothered me when I first started the manga, but it isn’t an ongoing thing. It’s mostly a feature of the first couple of chapters.
Old 2018-07-15, 02:46   Link #27
scififan

The story seems to be the author's childhood memory. After checking the backstory, it seems that he is one of the few authors who got into trouble(for awhile) by making references to other people's works(video games).
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-15, 03:34   Link #28
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
The story seems to be the author's childhood memory. After checking the backstory, it seems that he is one of the few authors who got into trouble(for awhile) by making references to other people's works(video games).
Not really. His publisher screwed up by not getting legal permission to use images from the various games Oshikiri references in the manga, despite telling the author that they did and stating so in the manga volumes. The mangaka himself had no idea of any of this and did nothing wrong.
Old 2018-07-15, 04:07   Link #29
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Just that the heroine's violence kinda gets... iffy to me. Especially the part where the protagonist just gets runned over. The very last fist to the face was also cringey.
I actually just found it funny. Dunno why but it worked for me. Probably because it's usually karma for the MC's hubris.

That was funny episode and I like the chemistry between the the pair. They're pretty cute together. It's also really nostalgic. i remember playing Street Fighter on the SNES when I was a kid, as well as all the cheese moves. Good times.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-15, 13:39   Link #30
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Eh slapstick violence. I don't think much of it, especially since he got run over by the car and was still fine. Obviously done for comedy and isn't meant to be serious or anything, so I just let it be.

If anything it's the 3d that bothers me, but otherwise... yep, HUGE lead over the rest of summer shows as my Anime of the Cour.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-15, 16:04   Link #31
Xical
Phantom User

So Betelgeuse play SFII in his free time together with his girlfriend? At least Haruo and Oono managed to run away from them, lol.
Imagine if someone stream this in the finalS of EVO this year.
Ahhhh ... the wild rumor about this manga/anime being a biopic of Daigo, what you think about it?
Old 2018-07-21, 20:48   Link #32
Xical
Phantom User

And now episode 2 is out and the trip in the memory lane continues, with a little insight of Oono situation and some urban legend showing.

I swear that the prize for the best female VA of this season is for Suzushiro Sayumi, her portrayal of Oono is off the charts
Old 2018-07-22, 03:23   Link #33
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Episode 2

I wonder if teachers openly threatening to violate their students is also supposed to be part of the nostalgia. XP
Old 2018-07-22, 11:13   Link #34
DracoS

And still Oono not spoken yet, her voice actress has easy job so far
DracoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-22, 11:55   Link #35
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Well, I must say that the second part of Episode 2 was very creepy, especially when they learned that the 10 yen arcade is actually abandoned.

Anyways, I must say that it looked okay after watching 2 episodes so far and while the CG animation is a bit janky to everyone's taste, I'm interested on how far the story will go.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-22, 15:03   Link #36
DracoS

Got to admit this is the first CG anime I've watched were the CG doesn't make it feel off.
DracoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-22, 15:12   Link #37
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Meh. It's no Land of the Lustrous, but I can deal with it. Would've definitely just preferred normal 2d animation. It's not exactly an action show (afaik).
Old 2018-07-23, 10:39   Link #38
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Such a cute show so far, and oh the nostalgia. Haruo and Oono's bicycle trip to another arcade was so cute.
Old 2018-07-23, 10:53   Link #39
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

There's already been good progress in just two episodes. Haruo is less arrogant and is starting to show kindness and concern for Oono, while Oono hits him less and enjoys hanging out with him. If only she would speak.
Old 2018-07-23, 20:20   Link #40
Itlandm
Porcupine

That was a remarkably ugly episode. Ugly graphics, ugly sound effects, ugly voices, ugly behavior. It takes skill to make something as bad as this. Even so, I don't think I can stomach any more of it. I need to go wash my brain.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, school life, seinen, video games