AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2015-01-07, 15:42   Link #41
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
And stop making the Kanmusu reciting their lines from the game when there's not a need for them to! What's the point of Hibiki talking about "The name of the Phoenix is not for show" when she's not showed to do anything of note? Not to say that they can't quote from the game, but at least do it in a natural, unobtrusive way
It was quite half half indeed.
Besides Hibiki's, Kaga saying ここは譲れません twice was quite shoehorned. At least, other quotes like Yuudachi's or Naka's worked well.

Hopefully, they won't do that for the introductions next week, or it will be really awkward
Old 2015-01-07, 15:42   Link #42
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
I do hope the studio won't try too hard, to show/squeeze as many Kanmusu as they can in 30 minutes. I can identify a few parts (Tone taking the destroyers for a run, and KitaOoi's merry snack time) that could be cut to give the main destroyer trio more time.

And stop making the Kanmusu reciting their lines from the game when there's not a need for them to! What's the point of Hibiki talking about "The name of the Phoenix is not for show" when she's not showed to do anything of note? Not to say that they can't quote from the game, but at least do it in a natural, unobtrusive way

Now I know why fanartists show the Anchorage Princess looking so sad after the advance screening However, it's quite possible that Kongou and Hiei (+ Akagi's torpedo) had breached her defenses enough to allow a well-dropped bomb do its work (her barrier seems to be cracked before she went on the offensive). The ease with which the 1st CarDiv blows everything out of the water does make me question the need for the other fleets though.
I might be mistaken but it looks like they used the Type 91 Armor-Piercing Shells, which is known for its armor/defense piercing effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
My only complain is the cg, though that is always a problem with me in every anime, and the slice of life (i can handle that), apart from that, really good
I havent played the game, but I can say this...Nagato best girl
You really should try playing the game. It's a casual game where you can play bit by bit during your casual time. It's pretty simple to get in actually.
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 15:54   Link #43
cloud04
Scanlator

damn, now im motivated to make gifs again
i like it they have the aura for the elites
Old 2015-01-07, 16:02   Link #44
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
damn, now im motivated to make gifs again
i like it they have the aura for the elites
I made 2 gif (posted above)

Now you make some

Old 2015-01-07, 16:05   Link #45
Miraluka
Banned

Not a gif though....
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 16:09   Link #46
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Not a gif though....
................All of my what... lol
Old 2015-01-07, 16:22   Link #47
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

In a less flattering note, I'm pretty certain they screwed up a bit Shoukaku's first scene. She is first seen with her deck on her back (why not on her right arm?), but the very moment she fires her arrow, the deck completely vanished.
It is obvious it isn't on her arm: as when she finishes her motion, there is nothing visible around her shoulder or arm.
Old 2015-01-07, 16:28   Link #48
Death Usagi
Banned

I first thought they screwed up Kirishima and Hiei's armaments until I saw them transforming into their quad cannon mode...

Before this I completely thought they were in their quad cannon mode from the start due to their original illustration (most people did including fan artists)
Old 2015-01-07, 16:30   Link #49
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
In a less flattering note, I'm pretty certain they screwed up a bit Shoukaku's first scene. She is first seen with her deck on her back (why not on her right arm?), but the very moment she fires her arrow, the deck completely vanished.
It is obvious it isn't on her arm: as when she finishes her motion, there is nothing visible around her shoulder or arm.
Upon closer inspection, the deck is first on her right arm, then on her back and then gone.
Old 2015-01-07, 16:37   Link #50
MartianMage

I had a bit of difficulty processing all of this at first because my brain kept bringing up Arpeggio until I managed to press my Strike Witches switch again...
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 16:40   Link #51
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Hmm... Surreal!
In overall, I was able to get the idea that this is going to be a story of Fubuki's growth?
But as far as the content goes, CG and lines like parties and harasho being so random (I assume they are just reciting lines from the game?) are a bit... meh. It wasn't really bad, but the only time I really reacted to the anime was whenever the girls started water-skiing, which was... pretty funny.
That said, at least it doesn't make me want to smack my head on my desk as the other new animes have done so far.

...Well, I can't see what made this content so popular. Must have a good marketing/internet staff or something. *shrug* Oh, and if that eyecatch's artwork was from the game, then damn, the artwork sucks compared to the anime...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 16:45   Link #52
SeaDoor

After watching the first episode, I am under the impression that this series is targeted solely to game players. Don't know if I am either willing or able to keep track of such huge cast.

I came away thinking that the first episode of this new anime series was dull and unimaginative. The characters seemed to be generic and the setting unnecessary. Wondering if this is going to be like Touhou with folks who like the game liking the anime and folks who don't play the game are left saying, "WUT?!?"

I'll close the door quietly on my way out.
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 16:54   Link #53
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
...Well, I can't see what made this content so popular. Must have a good marketing/internet staff or something. *shrug* Oh, and if that eyecatch's artwork was from the game, then damn, the artwork sucks compared to the anime...
AFAIK the game makes you care about your characters because if the sink, they are gone for real.

The artwork is a collection of different artists btw.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 16:58   Link #54
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
A combination from a wide variety of girls with different personalities, a sinking aspect that forces you to care for your girls, the voice acting within the game and so forth. As for the artwork, there are different artists at work, so the generalisation isn't really helpful. Some art are "meh", some are really good. But yeah, I'm no friend of Fubuki in the game, a major reason being that the artwork isn't really up to my taste.

Here's a little taste of the artwork of three other artists:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2015-01-07, 17:14   Link #55
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Great first episode. The only thing that bugged me a little bit was the CG, but it was better than I was expecting. Wo looked badass.

The load out scene was awesome. Reminded me of Gundam.

Tons of Poi & Fubuki! Good balance between SoL & Action.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 17:15   Link #56
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

So the praise was all real! Good first episode indeed. The launch sequence was awesome! So nice to see them all finally animated....Fubuki was so cute. I feel a little bad now for those times I have neglected her for long periods...
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I didn't really hear it all that well from the camrip that I saw earlier, but having seen the episode properly now...

I WANT THAT OST
The OST is a lot better than I expected, which is great. Helped set the mood for all the scenes imo. Can't wait to hear what else will be used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I was surprised they asked Sakakibara (Seiyuu for Kasei in Psycho Pass) to handle the narration at the start: it makes it quite grimdark, especially when you have Wo, Ru and Ri class lurking around on screen
Yeah didn't expect that either, I don't know if I could consider it a nice surprise though.

And was poi really spoken 16 times? Missed a few then if so...
Yay for Yuubari (somewhat distant) cameo too!
Old 2015-01-07, 17:19   Link #57
Sound of Azure
...Is that so?

Charming, but...

That was quite enjoyable, and I found the characterisation of the girls pretty charming so far. It seems like it's going to be the story of Fubuki finding her feet and learning to excel in the fleet. That kind of story is one I find pretty fun, though I wish Fubuki had been a bit less clumsy on her first sortie.

One question for myself is whether the charming characters and plucky underdog story can overcome the humour-inducing (for me) aspect of young women water-skating around with guns/artillery/armour plates strapped to their sides. It mean the gearhead part of me won't be very satisfied, sadly.

Another question is whether we'll see interesting tactics in the anime. I haven't played the game, but I would assume that tactics and strategy take an important role in deploying your forces. Losses are permanent in game, I understand. I really hope we'll see a bit of a strategic element as the series goes on.

All in all, a charming show with a lot of potential. I really hope its positives can overcome my early reservations.
Sound of Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 17:23   Link #58
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Actually, the game lacked a LOT of marketing for a good while and still gained 1M of users in less than 1 year.
The game is, as I explained in the early post of the threads, successful because of many elements put together in an interesting fashion.

Kadokawa actually "woke up" quite recently, and official goods only showed up 1 year after the game was put online, way after its peak of popularity. That's also why the anime feels like a "second wave" instead of actually sailing on the first popularity wave, since the anime is 3 months away of being broadcasted during the game 2nd anniversary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Azure View Post
Another question is whether we'll see interesting tactics in the anime. I haven't played the game, but I would assume that tactics and strategy take an important role in deploying your forces. Losses are permanent in game, I understand. I really hope we'll see a bit of a strategic element as the series goes on.

All in all, a charming show with a lot of potential. I really hope its positives can overcome my early reservations.
As "surprising" as it might sound, strategy relies only on fleet composition, fleet equipments and formation used prior engaging a fight. The actual fight isn't controlled at all, which is one of the major RNG driven point of the game.

That said, they probably will have to put that in question since we will witness several fights later on.
Old 2015-01-07, 17:32   Link #59
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The semi-standard three (or four) episode rule likely applies to those questioning if this will work or not.
Old 2015-01-07, 17:37   Link #60
HandofFate

i thought the cgi for the most part was pretty good looking compared to some of the other bad cases of it in other series.

I like it.
the suit up was fun to watch as well as the attacking.

Tags
adaptation, drama, fleet girls, slice of life, tragedy