AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: High School DxD [LN/M] - Volume 25 Rating
Perfect 10 24 48.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 20.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 20.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 10.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-02-25, 20:49   Link #41
aw454wtr

AxA should definitly show up in vol 25 so by vol 30 the author can show ExE, I mean why would the author mention and foreshadow powerups if they are never going to show up

While ajuka speculated that Issei would need 1 year to get ExE, Issei's growth has been anything but predictable
aw454wtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-25, 21:26   Link #42
Lucidrago

Indra saw Issei as a potential threat which was warranted as the Heavenly Dragons and their hosts don't have the best reputations. And that was back in Volume 10 so it's not consistent with the way Indra feels now. Everyone would kill Issei if he became a threat. For example Azazel had Kiba train to create dragon slayers in case Issei went Juggernaut Drive again. So Azazel must be evil since he saw Issei as a potential threat like Indra did. You think a few months of worthy accomplishments is going to wipe away centuries of rampage and destruction? We're talking about a god that's thousands of years old. A few months is nothing to him.

And Indra only said 'if he becomes a threat.' Don't take that out of context because of your bias against Indra.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-25, 22:30   Link #43
aw454wtr

Does Indra view Vali similarly as Issei? shouldnt vali be considered by Indra a bigger threat as he was part of khaos brigade and his openly stated that he wishes to fight god class beings and his ultimate goal (in vol 6) is the same as rizeviem to kill GR only vali wants to kill GR with his own power
Old 2018-02-25, 22:35   Link #44
Lucidrago

He was talking specifically about Issei directly after the match in Volume 10. Don't try to turn this against Indra. Vali had nothing to do with what Indra said.
Old 2018-02-25, 22:54   Link #45
Blazor 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
He was talking specifically about Issei directly after the match in Volume 10. Don't try to turn this against Indra. Vali had nothing to do with what Indra said.
He's asking why Indra doesn't view Vali the same as Issei? Like you said, the Heavenly Dragons have a bad reputation so why should Vali be any different? Considering Vali is known to be the strongest Hakuryuuko and has had a bad record of being with the Khaos Brigade and known to be a battle maniac than Vali should be a bigger concern than Issei. Why say he would eliminate only Issei but not Vali? He should know Vali has a history with Azazel.
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-25, 23:07   Link #46
DragonIsseiHyodoFan

Yeah Indra should at least looked at Vali as a threat since Vali doesn't have like the best rep. He was in the Khaos Bridage. And He is part Lucifer too if you put that into factor. Vali should be more of a threat then Issei since he is stronger than him.
DragonIsseiHyodoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-25, 23:08   Link #47
aw454wtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
Vali is the same as Issei in the regards that he is a HD dragon host and has a far more dangerous reputation on his own not including albion's rep,

as well as you know vali wanting to kill GR despite the dangers to the world it may cause just like his grandffather

Qoute vol 16

"Vali shakes his body in rage due to the frustration.

“……My dream is to defeat Great Red…… Dammit. Is my dream the same as his then……!?”
Old 2018-02-26, 00:18   Link #48
Lucidrago

Again you guys are deflecting in a statement Indra said specifically about Issei. And at that moment the Allied Faction was hunting for Vali Team but they're skilled enough to escape their grasps. Everyone knows Vali and his team as members of a terrorist organization were the enemy.

Vali had nothing to do with the Gremory vs Bael match. Indra was congratulating Issei's performance in the match. And then said he would kill Issei IF he became a threat. Which is what everyone would do. No mention of Vali because Indra was specifically talking about Issei.

You guys take that one statement out of context and try to make Indra some kind of villain because of it.
Old 2018-02-26, 01:04   Link #49
vietthai96
The Saiyan God

to Indra, it is more of a personal threat than global threat, Ise tendency already show that he will get his nose in anyone business, and it is potential threat for Indra if he plan something because Ise have potential power to stop him, it not like Indra plan to destroy the world. About Vali, he just care about fighting strong opponent, and protect his mother and her new family and his long time comrade, if Indra not doing anything that affect Vali's elements then Vali don't care, but Ise pretty like get his nose in the other business and Indra don't like it. Simple.
Old 2018-02-26, 03:35   Link #50
aw454wtr

IF anything Issei solves the problems and does not interfere with other people's buisness, rather its always other people who poke their noses into issei's life (and get their assess handed to them for doing so)
Old 2018-02-26, 05:32   Link #51
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Lucidrago: They were bringing Vali into it because of you saying that Ise is a threat because he's a Heavenly Dragon. Ise and Vali are both Heavenly Dragons, though, so if you didn't want to bring Vali into it, you shouldn't have mentioned the term "Heavenly Dragon" in the first place. So that's on you.

@aw454wtr: I know AxA will awaken in this series. I'm not denying that. What I'm saying is that it can't awaken before Ophis and Great Red's powers awaken. AxA is Great Red, Ophis and Ddraig's powers in one form. So his body's powers have to fully awaken first. And the 1 year prediction was about mastering the true Dragon Deification (but he also needs Ophis and Lilith to resonate first, and Ophis and Great Red's powers also need to awaken for this as well - after these powers awaken, he'll get back the true Dragon Deification and unlock AxA, and it'll take him one year to master Dragon Deification. Or at least that's how I interpreted it). What Ajuka said about ExE was that it's not time for it to appear in front of Ise yet and that there will come a time in the future when it will show itself to him. And he said that he'll get a glimpse of it in the tournament.

The one to train Ise could be Kamadeva considering what he's a God of. But it could also Indra or Shiva, I guess. We'll see.
Old 2018-02-26, 07:03   Link #52
Lucidrago

Indra basically has complimented Issei quite a few times. And wasn't Sun Wukong sent to train Issei and the others? And Indra sent his most powerful forces to fight Trihexa and even fought Trihexa himself. You guys want a powerful Hindu god to train Issei, there he is. Don't let your bias cloud your judgement.
Old 2018-02-26, 13:22   Link #53
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Well, can you deny that Kamadeva is more suited to train Ise, though? The Hindu God of love, affection and sexuality? It fits way too well for us to not even at least consider it, right? He's the one Hindu God who would understand the Oppai Dragon the best (). Indra, Shiva, and other strong Gods would also be good, though.
Old 2018-02-26, 14:22   Link #54
godz

What other strong gods would you be left with? I say vishnu and brahma are sealed, indra I still have a candidate as an antagonist ... (since if it is to help, you have sent cao cao help to heaven), osman's proposal seems the most successful for the personality and power up that hasse has been in the series.

without counting that it is necessary to remember that ichie in its final arc wanted to recover the echi moments similar to the beginning.
godz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-26, 14:42   Link #55
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Indra, Kamadeva, and/or Shiva. Any other possibilities?

The Asuras have a grudge against Indra because apparently Mahabali's father and, IIRC, some other people from the royal family of the Asuras died because of him. And Ise was recruited by Shiva for the upcoming war against Indra, which Indra should also know about. To me, these things go against the possibility of Indra training Ise. [Well, the Asuras' grudge thing is unrelated to whether Indra would train Ise or not, but it's there to point out the darkness in Indra - though granted, all Gods probably have some darkness in them. Some more than others. It's just that in this case, it's personal for the Asuras which is why they sided with Shiva. I'm just saying that Indra may not want to train Ise because it's possible that Ise will side with Shiva in the upcoming war (if that war does happen).]

Speaking of a war, though. There are two wars that might happen. The war Hades might start, and the war Indra wants with Shiva. Indra will wish for his if he wins in the Azazel Cup which is why he isn't an immediate threat. Hades can start his at any moment, though, which makes him a bigger threat. What's going to happen to the Azazel Cup if Hades starts a war in the middle of it? Will they deal with Hades and then continue the Cup, or will the Cup not continue anymore?
Old 2018-02-26, 15:03   Link #56
godz

to your question, as there are demons created by hades in the tournament I think that hades will be waiting for how the tournament is going, since there is a possibility that Indra's desire is involved with the army of gods and devils of Hades ... hades and Indra have shown to have a close communication,
Old 2018-02-26, 15:10   Link #57
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I don't think Indra and Hades are in cahoots here. Very unlikely.

Hades probably wants to use the devils he created to start a war against all other devils, and he might to do it in the middle of the tournament.
Old 2018-02-26, 15:34   Link #58
godz

Quote:
“What happened to Cao Cao? You did receive a call yesterday, correct?”

Ah, that. I received the report of the aftermath from that bastard Śakra.

“It seems like Indra punished all of the Longinus possessors from the Hero-faction. That includes Cao Cao, Georg, and Leonardo. But according to Indra, he confiscated the spear, and sent those three to Hades.”

Though, he didn’t hand us the holy-spear. That bastard Śakra is probably in possession of Dimension Lost and Annihilation Maker.

It will make him look like the one who finished off the Hero-faction. Even though he lent his strength to them. He used them to the very end, and he attained a reason for being in possession of the Longinus.

[It can’t be helped for Śakra who punished the Hero-faction to be in possession of the Longinus for a temporary time.]

He attained a very good excuse. So we are in a situation where it’s hard for us to complain. Heracles and Jeanne that we captured have given up their connection with Śakra……but I wonder how deep they are connected with that cunning Śakra.

……Damn, the one who defeated them are the young Devils, you know?

He stole the good parts at the very end!

“……For him who was aiming to become the poison against supernatural beings.”

Kiba mutters.

Indra’s voice comes back to my mind. He did speak about Cao Cao.

[HAHAHA, that brat moved around without thinking about what he wanted to become, that’s why he failed. If he wanted to become strong as a human, then he shouldn’t have relied on Medusa’s eye. Since he spoke of being a hero while being half-assed that made him fail. As the result, that eye became fatal. Laughable, right? Laugh at him. At the end, he turned into a clown.]

Yeah, if he had continued to fight as a simple human, then the holy-spear would have lent its strength to his will.

So it ended for him because the “The will of the God from the Bible” determined that “Rather than the ambition of the host, the dream of the Sekiryuutei who is a Devil and a Dragon is better” huh.

[——The ones who will hunt monsters, are human heroes. So there’s nothing that the shitty brat who went beyond a human to become a snob can do.]

Regarding that, I agree. Having Indra say that is the end for him.

But, just like Ise, there was a young-side to Cao Cao. Wanting to become someone is the part of being young. And isn’t the one who put such ambition in that youth of wanting to become a hero you, aye Śakra-sama?

Śakra said this to me after that.

[Well, to me, the “Oppai Dragon” who is a Devil and is calling himself a hero is also quite a clown, you know? What’s the point of a Devil being a hero? Isn’t it the desire of the Devils to deceive humans and control them from the shadows? No matter how much he lives on by saying innocent things, the group of those young Devils on your side are also evil and vicious “Devils” that live on by using humans, you know? No matter how far he goes, he is still far off from being a real hero. ––It’s just child's play.]

……I won’t deny all of that.

But the Devils, ––the Underworld is changing as well. That’s why they were about to collapse if they continued to have the old structure of the world of Devils.

……But forcing him to become a hero, huh. Was I doing the same as well……?

Rias then asks.

“What is Śakra trying to do? The God of war who let Cao Cao loose, who taunted Hades indirectly, and who brought chaos to each faction. Azazel, did you ask about his true ambition?”

“Yeah, that guy wants to create people who can oppose the God of destruction, Shiva. He believes that wars will give birth to strong people.”

……Though I don’t know how much of that is the truth…… It seems like Indra would do anything in order to win against Shiva.
volumen 14

I doubt it, as Azazel said Indra used every means possible to defeat Shiva and an alliance with the army of Hades is the best option.
Old 2018-02-26, 15:54   Link #59
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Indra is planning to use his wish for winning the tournament to have a war against Shiva. That's all.
Old 2018-02-26, 15:56   Link #60
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Indra is planning to use his wish for winning the tournament to have a war against Shiva. That's all.
Where is this stated in the series?