AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-04-04, 13:57   Link #241
Freddy C
Invincible

Send a message via MSN to Freddy C
i got 100% and ive started a thread on animenfo forum, but on one there seems to have got 100%

but trust me everyone the 100% extra footage WAS F**KING BRILLIANT - easily the best ending of any FF, and it puts a whole new spin on the normal ending and after watching the extra 100% endings (there's a FMV AND a cutscene), i just felt that the normal ending was quite weak compared to it.

btw the extra footage (FMV+Cutscene) was about 3min

so anyone here seen the extra ending?
Freddy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 14:01   Link #242
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy C
i got 100% and ive started a thread on animenfo forum, but on one there seems to have got 100%

but trust me everyone the 100% extra footage WAS F**KING BRILLIANT - easily the best ending of any FF, and it puts a whole new spin on the normal ending and after watching the extra 100% endings (there's a FMV AND a cutscene), i just felt that the normal ending was quite weak compared to it.

btw the extra footage (FMV+Cutscene) was about 3min

so anyone here seen the extra ending?
Wow! I gave up on it after playing through the game twice and getting 99.9%, but I might just play through it again. Damn commspheres.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 15:12   Link #243
baka
Apathy

Send a message via AIM to baka
yay for ff im a fan but i have to go in order and i must not be any good but the only game i've had problems with is ffx when im fighting the guardian wyrm i know i need to build my characters hp up some more but is there any other way to beat that giant wyrm so i can open and play my ff x-2
baka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 15:20   Link #244
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

If you saved on the airship you're screwed unless you fight REALLY hard.
Just use Tidus' Hastega, Rikku use Al Bhed Potions, and Yuna Cast Shell+Protect [plus Holy if you have it] Occasionally move the airship back to fire missles.
Have Tidus attack when close and Have LulU swicth with Tidus if far away to cast big spells.
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 17:58   Link #245
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
omg no odin (or yojimbo, bleh this samurai was cool but not odin cool) in ff X - 2? no shiva? ... not even bahamut ? Did you guys notice how squaresoft can't deside on the lightning element summon and stick to it ...?

I'll be getting this game soon ... the 3 character whole game might get on my nerves and when i played the demo the battles were going by a lil too quick, it was like everyone was on crystal meth. It seems like one of those boost your level and just hack and slash with regular attacks rpg.
bahamut was there..... just not in the usuall sense....

to who ever misses lulu. I'm starting to like paine more then lulu. Heck look at paines' sexyness
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 22:49   Link #246
ACE2003

Spoiler:

Speaking of which, has anyone here played Final Fantasy X-2+Last Mission yet? I am still playing right now and It doesn't look like I won't be finishing it anytime soon.
ACE2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 22:53   Link #247
husyk
Stupid Flanders! (Homer)

Send a message via MSN to husyk Send a message via Yahoo to husyk
Why not check out the FAQS at gamefaqs.com, I find that site very reliable when it comes to that. Honestly I find X-2 to be a bit corny, my sister loves it though. I don'[t mind it, I think its good overall.
husyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 23:10   Link #248
Secca
nya`
*Artist

This game is just kinda felt different from other FF titles. Usually I get thrilled playing a FF game, but FF X2 felt more like a field trip. Nothing good nothing bad just so so.

Altho I like the dresphere system, it's flexible. Reminded me of FF Tactic

And I hate calibrating tower 10 >_<
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-11, 22:34   Link #249
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

I just started my third play-through this morning. I'm hoping for 100% again, but for now I'm still stuck at 99.8%. DAMN COMMSPHERES!!
Old 2004-04-12, 01:34   Link #250
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

One quaestion, eveantually do you have to do EVERY little thing to get 100%?
Or say you get 50% on your first play through and play again and get 50% from the exact same events? Is that how it works?
Old 2004-04-12, 01:41   Link #251
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiDusk
One quaestion, eveantually do you have to do EVERY little thing to get 100%?
Or say you get 50% on your first play through and play again and get 50% from the exact same events? Is that how it works?
You have to do EVERY little thing. If you missed ONE thing in your first play through, the only way that you can get 100% is if you get that one thing in New Game Plus.
Old 2004-04-12, 02:02   Link #252
Sh1ka9on

Send a message via MSN to Sh1ka9on
Well since, we're on the 'FF' topic, and I didn't really feel up to making a whole new thread, being a FF fanatic myself, i'm asking has anyone seen the Trailer/Clip of the up-coming FF12?

I've played all the SE(SS) games except the FM titles and X-2. Anyway, i've finished all of the games i've played including FFTA, KH, Chocobo dungeon, 2, and Chocobo racing, and even the Chocobo mini game on the MiniPS (which is pointless)

Anyway, after surfing around and finally seeing this clip of FF12, is anyone dismally appaled by the entire feel of this up-coming game? We came from WILD adventurers in FF1,2,3,7 'saving the world motto' to FF8, with the 'emotional' motto and then to FF9, 'Teamwork' motto. Then we finally hit the Angle-changer with FFX with a fresh idea of forgetting about heroism and begin to tell a story about the lives of a couple of people and how they plan on solving the meaning of live.

Then we hit the what i call 'Filler FF' which is FF11. I'm addicted but I have no idea why is has the Title as one of the FF series. Maybe a catchy FFO, Final Fantasy Online would be alright, but with POL, it would just sound weird. So why not add a 11! Well that practically makes no sense to me... because now, NOT stopping @ FFXI, they add FFXII. *gasps*... wow.. which surprised me because it is completely RPG. whereas FFXI is, ya know, MMORPG. However, now, we are some little kid fightin' for his life??? What happened to Heroism? Might? More green and less grey! I think slowly, FF will turn much into a dead series. If you think about where it is going, they already have a technological change compared to the good ol' FF7, 8, 9 days.

/em sigh
/wait 2

I mean, i think they should consider the name to be partially important, the 'Fantasy.' I think the game that really HIT the real Fantasy stuff is FF9. They had totally unhuman characters, which aren't "Tifa, Squall, Tidus" We get to control Quina Quen, which is totally fun for someone who is bored with watching the back of someones head half of his life. Fantasy and Future are too very different things.... I really hope SE makes something that impressed me as much as FF7.

Anyway most of this is all My opinion, and i guess this post is totally pointless, just ramblin'
Though, I gotta make it contributive don't I?

umm.... What do You guys think?
Old 2004-04-12, 02:11   Link #253
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh1ka9on
Anyway, after surfing around and finally seeing this clip of FF12, is anyone dismally appaled by the entire feel of this up-coming game? We came from WILD adventurers in FF1,2,3,7 'saving the world motto' to FF8, with the 'emotional' motto and then to FF9, 'Teamwork' motto. Then we finally hit the Angle-changer with FFX with a fresh idea of forgetting about heroism and begin to tell a story about the lives of a couple of people and how they plan on solving the meaning of live.

Then we hit the what i call 'Filler FF' which is FF11. I'm addicted but I have no idea why is has the Title as one of the FF series. Maybe a catchy FFO, Final Fantasy Online would be alright, but with POL, it would just sound weird. So why not add a 11! Well that practically makes no sense to me... because now, NOT stopping @ FFXI, they add FFXII. *gasps*... wow.. which surprised me because it is completely RPG. whereas FFXI is, ya know, MMORPG. However, now, we are some little kid fightin' for his life??? What happened to Heroism? Might? More green and less grey! I think slowly, FF will turn much into a dead series. If you think about where it is going, they already have a technological change compared to the good ol' FF7, 8, 9 days.

/em sigh
/wait 2

I mean, i think they should consider the name to be partially important, the 'Fantasy.' I think the game that really HIT the real Fantasy stuff is FF9. They had totally unhuman characters, which aren't "Tifa, Squall, Tidus" We get to control Quina Quen, which is totally fun for someone who is bored with watching the back of someones head half of his life. Fantasy and Future are too very different things.... I really hope SE makes something that impressed me as much as FF7.

Anyway most of this is all My opinion, and i guess this post is totally pointless, just ramblin'
Though, I gotta make it contributive don't I?

umm.... What do You guys think?
Actually Fantasy means - well... fantasy. futuristic fantasy.

They aren't all that different at all. Fantasy doesn't nessassarily has to be knights and mages with talking frogs and flying pigs.

They can have giant robots gettting sliced up by a rediculously large sword. hover bikes and flying houses.

I'm surprised FF7 impressed you. you played 1,2,3 I'll assume 1, 4, and 6.

I found ff6 much better then 7. Deeper story and characters. and there's like 12 of em.

FF12 looks very interesting to me. It takes place in Ivalice or in other words, FFT world. And we get to control a guy that looks more girly then Kuja.

Ivalice and Kuja..... Sounds like a great combination. Maybe we can get Ramza in the party or Marshe...
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 07:30   Link #254
Sh1ka9on

Send a message via MSN to Sh1ka9on
I guess FF6 was alright, but i didn't play them Chrnonologically. My first FF game was 7, and then 8, 9, then i started the Japanese games from the beginning. Then played it all again in English. Then i played 10 in english, and then finally XI in english. Kinda confusin' but i guess you'll understand...

Well, IMO, i still like VII over VI. Also, i guess they could have "Futuristic Fantasy" but thats not really Fantasy. Thats just wild technology. Fantasy IS like talking/flying pigs, isn't that why we play the games? To see stuff we don't see in Real life?

Well, thats why i liked the FF series and also why i like Vana'Diel i guess... Alotta freedom and watching fat Galkas run around, teaming up with a bunch of Taru's fighting along side each other.

Well, imho, FFXII looks like a new beginnin' to a new genre of FF. Well, compared to FFXI's style is completely different, yet kinda similar. Though i'm not very into the flying ships and laser guns, i love the highwind, tiny bronco etc.. etc.. yet, this kinda stuff weird re-introduction stuff just turns me down... :/
Old 2004-04-12, 15:59   Link #255
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Please do not discuss other FF's here, its for X-2 only.
There are othe threads for various game, just use search.
Old 2004-04-12, 18:39   Link #256
Maikeru
Fabulous Muscles

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru
I was going to play X-2, but some of my friends tried to stop me because it was stupid because "Yuna turned in to a whore" and "Rikku is in it."

I never got around to playing it though, but I will soon.
Maikeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 05:46   Link #257
Freddy C
Invincible

Send a message via MSN to Freddy C
yea 100% is a pain to get, but obviously i got help from faqs, it would have probably taken me 200hrs+ to do it myself, some of the things you would miss all too easily.

about jellybonefish's comment about having to do everything in FFX2 to get 100%

well its not true, suprisingly there's A LOT you dont need to do and still get 100% such a certain minigames like the shooting the fiends game on besaid. but you do need to complete via Infinito, 101 Lvls, its tough but not that tough.

commspheres, yep they are a pain, but the most painful one was the publicity and dating game (btw you only get a STUPID speed bracer for completing the dating game *^.^)
Freddy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-20, 13:18   Link #258
Scorpion

Send a message via ICQ to Scorpion Send a message via MSN to Scorpion
One of the best games i've ever played but also one of the worse FF games i think..i can't get the real feeling of FF when i play it for some reason,but the graphics are great and it's fun that they did the job thing again
Scorpion is offline   Reply With Quote