AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2010-05-04, 04:16   Link #6801
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

wonder if its father lynn? heh more comedy to go.
Old 2010-05-04, 08:19   Link #6802
GlassesLady
dat apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldw View Post
That's why my sentiment is once Hayate's sense of honor is satisfied he'll be back with A-tan again.
Aaaand that's not going to take 40+ years? Actually, how do you repay a 'debt of honor', anyway?
Even if Hayate did manage to clear the debt somehow, I highly doubt he'd just ditch Nagi for Athene afterwards. Or for anyone else, even.

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 08:31   Link #6803
WildArms
Come on, become a legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassesLady View Post
Aaaand that's not going to take 40+ years? Actually, how do you repay a 'debt of honor', anyway?
Even if Hayate did manage to clear the debt somehow, I highly doubt he'd just ditch Nagi for Athene afterwards. Or for anyone else, even.
just like in the anime "He is my master" or something like that, anyway i wonder what will happen now in hayate´s future -.-
WildArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 10:23   Link #6804
madmac

Honestly, the only thing that would free Hayate from Nagi is Nagi telling him to leave, and that's not likely to happen. Even if it did, he'd probably come back anyways, like he did back when Isumi bought him.

Hata has things set up so that Nagi looks like the romantic underdog, but not really. She's still the heroine and just as hard to unseat as any other heroine in a romantic comedy.

Not to say it couldn't happen, but it would take a huge sequence of events to make it possible.

On the other hand, not even Nagi is properly set-up for a romantic ending yet, so it'll probably be business as usual for years to come.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 14:28   Link #6805
zibi88

yeah right.... I can totaly see... that who ever will appaer... who ever will confess.... it will end up as nagixhayate >__< which is fuckign sad..... another manga that will end up with a "tsudare... flat chested... small... rude girl will win" (like in zero no tsukaima...toradora... and few other titles)

its just f.....g borring if from all nice and normal girls....... the one that wins is the short... tsuade with flat chest >___<

Personaly I would love to see that the standard manga ending is broken.... so the main heroine... the short-flat chest (Nagi) doesnt win at the end... and the main hero (hayate) will end up with some other girl (Maria, Aymu, Hina, Athena ect.)

Seriously im sick already from seeing the same thing over and over again.... that even if there are houndreds of pretty,normal, kind, very smart, poor or rich, larger chests... with super hots for the main hero.... it will end up like allways the flat-chest-child-looking-tsudare (loli) girl wins......without doing anything at all....

why not make hayate start from position 0 again.... like he payed his dept of 150milions to nagi.... than in an accident he loses all memories of her..... so he starts from positon 0 and each girl has a chance of winning....

personaly I would prefer a Hina or Athena ending above Nagi... becouse it would break the standard over used ending like in many mangas has been showed....... like not allways the main heroine wins at the end....so only the girls that try and change themselfs will win at the end....

Hina was at the start a tomboy.... but durring the story she started to get softer more girly.... and even a tomboy understood that she fell in love.... she developed on her own without haveing hayate around her all the time as nagi....

even Athena changed... normaly she wouldnt let hayate go... and would beg him to stay with her.... but she understood that she cant do this right now... but the love between her and hayate laster over 10years (and is still ongoing on athenas part).... yet the "ring" is a sign that she wont give up just like that...

Nagi is takeing hayate on her "pitfulnes" a spoiled rich girl with 0% knowladge of real outside world... she is soo pathetic that he cant leave her alone >__> Athena is way more normal and has outside world udnerstanding and she grow up with no one close... (like maria for nagi) and with a freaking midas in her body... so Hayte simply cant afford to leave such a small girl like nagi alone >__<

And well current developments point out that Hayate will be even more tied to stay close to nagi than before.... which is kinda sad.... since the ending is starting to be clearing out NagixHayate... with no possibility of Hina or Athena getting hayate on this point :/........... which is sad for me due another manga that has a "known" ending just like in many other mangas.... where the loli wins even if there are LOTS of powerfull girls around

I hope that Hina or athena will appear later and confess their love... I wodner how hayte would react then.... and would Nagi let hayate go just like Athena did in Greace (let him go to nagi as her buttler).... will nagi act more grown up and allow him to get out with Hina or Athena.... or will she act like selfish brat (that owns hayate for her own) and wont allow hayate to leave with another girl except herself...
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 14:55   Link #6806
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
yeah right.... I can totaly see... that who ever will appaer... who ever will confess.... it will end up as nagixhayate >__< which is fuckign sad..... another manga that will end up with a "tsudare... flat chested... small... rude girl will win" (like in zero no tsukaima...toradora... and few other titles)

its just f.....g borring if from all nice and normal girls....... the one that wins is the short... tsuade with flat chest >___<

Personaly I would love to see that the standard manga ending is broken.... so the main heroine... the short-flat chest (Nagi) doesnt win at the end... and the main hero (hayate) will end up with some other girl (Maria, Aymu, Hina, Athena ect.)

Seriously im sick already from seeing the same thing over and over again.... that even if there are houndreds of pretty,normal, kind, very smart, poor or rich, larger chests... with super hots for the main hero.... it will end up like allways the flat-chest-child-looking-tsudare (loli) girl wins......without doing anything at all....

why not make hayate start from position 0 again.... like he payed his dept of 150milions to nagi.... than in an accident he loses all memories of her..... so he starts from positon 0 and each girl has a chance of winning....

personaly I would prefer a Hina or Athena ending above Nagi... becouse it would break the standard over used ending like in many mangas has been showed....... like not allways the main heroine wins at the end....so only the girls that try and change themselfs will win at the end....

...Nagi is takeing hayate on her "pitfulnes" a spoiled rich girl with 0% knowladge of real outside world... she is soo pathetic that he cant leave her alone >__> Athena is way more normal and has outside world udnerstanding and she grow up with no one close... (like maria for nagi) and with a freaking midas in her body... so Hayte simply cant afford to leave such a small girl like nagi alone >__<

And well current developments point out that Hayate will be even more tied to stay close to nagi than before.... which is kinda sad.... since the ending is starting to be clearing out NagixHayate... with no possibility of Hina or Athena getting hayate on this point :/........... which is sad for me due another manga that has a "known" ending just like in many other mangas.... where the loli wins even if there are LOTS of powerfull girls around

I hope that Hina or athena will appear later and confess their love... I wodner how hayte would react then.... and would Nagi let hayate go just like Athena did in Greace (let him go to nagi as her buttler).... will nagi act more grown up and allow him to get out with Hina or Athena.... or will she act like selfish brat (that owns hayate for her own) and wont allow hayate to leave with another girl except herself...
So common, it's even got a trope. Unlucky Busty Girl (credit to Mr Glasses Man for finding).

Quote:
Hina was at the start a tomboy.... but durring the story she started to get softer more girly.... and even a tomboy understood that she fell in love.... she developed on her own without haveing hayate around her all the time as nagi....
Hina was already dropping the Bukukko image before she met Hayate, that she was still known for it was being pressed on her by the other girls at the school (especially Risa and Miki).

Quote:
even Athena changed... normaly she wouldnt let hayate go... and would beg him to stay with her.... but she understood that she cant do this right now... but the love between her and hayate laster over 10years (and is still ongoing on athenas part).... yet the "ring" is a sign that she wont give up just like that...
I haven't seen Athena change yet. She still seems to hold the same personality that she did during EotW. It might have had a change after being freed from Midas, but her last 'hurrah' told us that wasn't the case.

Would people quit throwing my faith in humanity being intelligent a shovel?
... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.
The world is winning.. by leaps and bounds.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Bastion_Arcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 15:26   Link #6807
madmac

Everyone has their preferences, but does the chest thing really bother you that much?

I mean, seriously, there's a couple of high profile series (Shana, Zero, Tora Dora) where the main female character is flat-chested, but it's far from being the norm, much less a majority of love comedies. Big chested girls are waaaaaay more common in these sort of manga/anime overall.

I kind of see it as a way of the author deliberately making the main character go for a girl who isn't so perfect or idealized, myself.

Of course, everything is tiring when it's overdone. Everything goes full circle, so we could go from having flat chested girls win as a reaction to too many busty girls to a busty girl revival in reaction to the influx of flatties and so on.

(I don't really care either way, personally, but I've gotten to the point where another "perfect" girl with vast tracts of land just gets my eyes rolling.)

I realize you're upset, so I won't needle you too much, other then to say that for me, the main characters are always the biggest decision point in whether I want to continue following any sort of romantic comedy, because I can be 90% sure I'll be stuck with them in the end.

Last edited by madmac; 2010-05-04 at 20:16.
Old 2010-05-04, 15:51   Link #6808
madmac

Quote:
I haven't seen Athena change yet. She still seems to hold the same personality that she did during EotW. It might have had a change after being freed from Midas, but her last 'hurrah' told us that wasn't the case.
Athena is still a big question mark. We can't really be sure how she's going to approach Hayate until the next time she shows up.

The thing I found most interesting about 264-265, is that after Athena pokes Hayate about the debt, she starts smiling at his reaction and it kinda marks the point of the chapter where she's becoming the one feeling ok about everything and trying to console Hayate a bit.

Weirdness with the ring/box notwithstanding, she did go out of her way to meet Nagi as well. I get the feeling Athena has a lot less antagonism towards Nagi, then, say, Athena's fans.

I don't give her very good odds at this point, if only because she keeps dropping out of the series since her introduction. (Appeared in EoTW, disappears for another 30-40 chapters, has a big role in the conclusion of the Golden Week Arc and then disappears again and who knows when she'll be back.
Old 2010-05-06, 08:34   Link #6809
CapoExecutor
In R'lyeh where he dreams

Was it revealed on who Nagi's father was?

ACQUIRING COMPLETE.
CapoExecutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 02:44   Link #6810
arand017

Only that he died when nagi was too little to remember
arand017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-09, 18:02   Link #6811
Voltorn
something is missing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by arand017 View Post
Only that he died when nagi was too little to remember
actually~

from the character profile:
both Nagi's parents died in an accident.

from Nagi:
"My dad passed away when I was little, so all I had was mom."

=3
Voltorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-09, 21:14   Link #6812
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

Looks like Hata makes mistake,
again...........
Old 2010-05-10, 13:03   Link #6813
Tom Bombadil

Quite disappointed with chapter 271. Nothing really happened. It is not funny either.
Old 2010-05-10, 13:52   Link #6814
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
Quite disappointed with chapter 271. Nothing really happened. It is not funny either.
is there a spoiler or something ???

anyway personaly I dont like the current arc. it lacks something.... its not fun anymore... and it has no thrill that was constantly present at the Athena/Midas arc. where we done lots of speculations how it will play off....

now clifhangers are not exciteing at all... at least in my own opinion since others have their own...

ugh... hard to explain it... but nagi loseing her money makes her kinda boring..... I guess now the gags will constantly reffer to the "poor issue" and Nagis "no real life experiance of beign poor"..... but its kinda shallow... dont know how to say it but after reading c269-270 I was more [yaw-ing] from boredom... than laughing or showing excitement...... it moves slow its not funny...the gags are kinda hard/stiff.......and it lacks stuff (its not how it was in past... I mean I saw some chapters before the Athena arc. and current chapters and we can notice other atmoshpere... not how it was [its kinda worse] )

well its just my opinion...^^ but current chapters are not that much exciting for me anymore.... its not like it was where I couldnt wait to see next chap and how things play out...... which makes me kinda sad...
Old 2010-05-10, 21:32   Link #6815
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

Just wait will ya, guys,
Just like EoTW or Greece arc,
It first started boring but become exciting once it actually starts.
Old 2010-05-11, 01:10   Link #6816
zibi88

saw the 271 chapter on a chinese page.... and well.... it was not funny...
Spoiler for ...:
Old 2010-05-11, 11:03   Link #6817
madmac

Looking at Hata's blog, he seems to be admitting this weeks chapter is pretty much fluff along with him experimenting in terms of format. I think Hayate might still be doing the overnight thing next week but we'll see.
Old 2010-05-12, 13:21   Link #6818
Used Can

I think these past chapters have been what HnG used to be. The issue here is we got used to a different build-up, and thus these latest chapters may seem a bit dull.
Old 2010-05-12, 19:05   Link #6819
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I think these past chapters have been what HnG used to be. The issue here is we got used to a different build-up, and thus these latest chapters may seem a bit dull.
I guess the two week waiting amplified the dullness since we were anticipating something crazy from the old house.
Old 2010-05-13, 04:33   Link #6820
Aurine
<Honoka-mi>

Send a message via MSN to Aurine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
Not that disappointing for me. No funny stuffs, no humor stuffs, just bunch of stray cats. Expecting for goods in Ch 272

Tags
comedy, shounen