AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-18, 11:14   Link #161
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
Korea certainly likes their Shonen Jump characters
Actually, I think it might be a good idea to ask about this to the Koreans in Anizone directly ( http://anizone.net/Moet_Inter_Forum ) . There is a good chance that you might get an interesting answer.
Old 2011-08-18, 11:54   Link #162
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Sayaka advances!! Kanade advances! Mayushii ;_;

Votes for today:
37.) Black Rock Shooter (B★RS)
38.) Manami Tamura (Oreimo)
39.) Naruko Anjou (AnoHana)
40.) Chiriko Tsurumi (AnoHana)
41.) Mikan Yuuki (TLR)
42.) Yomi Takanashi (B★RS)
Old 2011-08-18, 12:11   Link #163
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

37 - Reki
38 - Zakuro
39 - Tooru
40 - Shirayuki
41 - Feiris
42 - Astrea
Old 2011-08-18, 12:25   Link #164
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken270 View Post
Guys, I believe you should see/read this:
Link is here: http://anizone.net/?mid=Moet_Inter_F...t_srl=12475408

With this information, I think there are some changes in the results of the previous group results. Sure enough, when I checked, Mio from MM! and Yuri of AB! both made it in with this implemented.
That's pretty harsh, but they were warned multiple times...

But now people who support Fairy Tale characters and didn't do the mass votes get to feel like crap for something they didn't do. Kinda wish they'd just ban the guilty parties for the rest of this year's tournament, something less harsh on everyone playing.
Old 2011-08-18, 13:10   Link #165
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
That's pretty harsh, but they were warned multiple times...

But now people who support Fairy Tale characters and didn't do the mass votes get to feel like crap for something they didn't do. Kinda wish they'd just ban the guilty parties for the rest of this year's tournament, something less harsh on everyone playing.

The accused fan club NEVER managed to multi vote. There was a suggestion of it, but they never did it. What happened was that the manager of the fan cafe kept finding creative ways to place plea for votes for the Fairy Tail characters in highly visible places in the fan club website. Best Moe people asked the manager to remove those posts/notices/pleas , and while the manager agreed to remove some, he did find new creative ways to replace those pleas : He somewhat kept the letter of his promise, but not the spirit. This happened about 3 times and then Fairy Tail characters were disqualified. The Best Moe people also asked him to not do mass sitemailing for the vote, but this request was ignored. The number of people that probably came from this fan club was about , at best 150, and it is extremely unlikely that any voted more than once, since there were multiple pleas to adhere to 1 vote 1 person rule within the fan club.

So, I repeat. Although they openly talked about multi voting, they never managed to, as the method they proposed would have let a person place in 1 vote per hour due to vote delay time . They never found a way to go around that vote delay time, and no other method of multi voting was discussed. All these I know because I directly saw the relevant posts. While the fan club did engage on Mass Promotion, I don't think Mass Promotion and Mass Voting is the same thing.

As for the punishment, I encourage you to ask why other forms of punishment was not considered in http://anizone.net/Moet_Inter_Forum/12531530 . It is better to have the Anizone's version first.

Last edited by wontaek; 2011-08-18 at 13:21.
Old 2011-08-18, 16:41   Link #166
Sphire

Seems stupid if there wasn't multivotes. It's not like the FT characters were steaming through. And from that, what's to stop them screwing around with other characters? They gonna disqualify everyone that group votes for? In that same round, I noticed Niko Robin from One Piece had a similar kinda spike that the FT characters did, and she won her group.

Meh, I guess Chihiro made it in though, but unlikely to get far.

As for yesterdays results, no love for Hite-hime

Today:
37. BRS
38. Zakuro
39. Anaru
40. TSURUKO
41. Micky
42. Astraea

2 AnoHana girls today, luckily not in the same group.
Old 2011-08-18, 18:55   Link #167
Kotohono
Yuri 'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphire View Post
As for yesterdays results, no love for Hite-hime
Hite-hime had become awful draw for group with windry, mayuri, kurisu, and shana there she had no chance at all ; I am happy to see Uihara, Sayaka, Kyouko, Yami, Shana, and Kurisu all make it though. Votes:
37. BRS
38. Zakuro
39. Tooru
40. Azusa Nakano [bleh this is the tough group this round ]
41. Feiris Nyannyan; Ugh then Feiris vs Mikan? D:
42. Yui Kotegawa
MAL
Old 2011-08-18, 19:09   Link #168
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

37. BRS
38. Zakuro
39. Tooru
40. Azusa Nakano
41. Mikan Yuki
42. Yui Kotegawa
Old 2011-08-19, 01:57   Link #169
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
Actually, I think it might be a good idea to ask about this to the Koreans in Anizone directly ( http://anizone.net/Moet_Inter_Forum ) . There is a good chance that you might get an interesting answer.
Two English answers to your question has been posted. http://anizone.net/12531530
They are interesting read.

Quote:
Seems stupid if there wasn't multivotes. It's not like the FT characters were steaming through. And from that, what's to stop them screwing around with other characters? They gonna disqualify everyone that group votes for? In that same round, I noticed Niko Robin from One Piece had a similar kinda spike that the FT characters did, and she won her group.
I have thought about your question for a while, and I think this is a worthy question to ask them directly. I now think part of the problem in the past was that people here did not directly voice their concern to Best Moe People nor receive unfiltered direct answer from them. I acted as a middle man in the past. Trouble is, if I keep pointing out the questions may be better be directed at Best Moe people and not to viewers here, I have to be typing something like following sentences in almost all my post here.

I think these are good questions to be asked directly to Best Moe People at http://anizone.net/Moet_Inter_Forum

Sphire raises some points that I think everyone needs to spend a minute thinking about, thus my recommendation.

I feel that I am in unique position to know which of the questions should stay here, and which is better asked directly to Anizone.net . The question to all here is do you want me to continue point out the questions that are better asked to Anizone? Should I stop entirely? Or, should I set some limits like only 1 ~ 2 questions per week? By now, you all know that English board where you can directly interact with Best Moe Staffers exist, and you can post anything you like there, so how much need do we have in I pointing out that we should use that board for a question asked here? I would really like to know what you guys think. By the way, due to previous history, I can't post there anymore, nor can give you Best Moe Staffer's version for the answers.
Old 2011-08-19, 04:20   Link #170
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Group 40 is a joke ;_; How exactly should I decide between Shirayuki, Chisame, Chiriko, Lan Fan and Azusa wtf
Old 2011-08-19, 06:12   Link #171
Sphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
Sphire raises some points that I think everyone needs to spend a minute thinking about, thus my recommendation.

I feel that I am in unique position to know which of the questions should stay here, and which is better asked directly to Anizone.net . The question to all here is do you want me to continue point out the questions that are better asked to Anizone? Should I stop entirely? Or, should I set some limits like only 1 ~ 2 questions per week? By now, you all know that English board where you can directly interact with Best Moe Staffers exist, and you can post anything you like there, so how much need do we have in I pointing out that we should use that board for a question asked here? I would really like to know what you guys think. By the way, due to previous history, I can't post there anymore, nor can give you Best Moe Staffer's version for the answers.
Well, there might always be new people who might genuinely want a question answered. I don't think people are annoyed that you point out that forum, so it should be up to you however much you want to point it out. I knew you posted before about the forum there, but I don't really care enough to sign up. Much like ISML (though at least that's a somewhat long year). I just wanted to throw out my 2 cents. Plus skimming that forum, they seem to say there were multivotes.

So not the greatest of outcomes, but things go on I guess. If more characters or series start getting banned though, it'll most likely drive people away.

Now, off I go to watch some Penguins.
Old 2011-08-19, 06:18   Link #172
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

37. Reki - I don't really...

38. Zakuro - Some Consideration Required, Tsundere Bias

39. Naruko Anjou - I don't really...

40. Ryoko Ookami - Some Consideration Required, It was a split between Shraiyuki and Ryoko... Tsundere and Yandere...

41. Angelene - I don't really...

42. Astraea - I don't really...
Old 2011-08-19, 09:11   Link #173
wontaek

Quote:
Well, there might always be new people who might genuinely want a question answered. I don't think people are annoyed that you point out that forum, so it should be up to you however much you want to point it out. I knew you posted before about the forum there, but I don't really care enough to sign up. Much like ISML (though at least that's a somewhat long year). I just wanted to throw out my 2 cents. Plus skimming that forum, they seem to say there were multivotes.

So not the greatest of outcomes, but things go on I guess. If more characters or series start getting banned though, it'll most likely drive people away.

Now, off I go to watch some Penguins.
I just had an IRC conversation with Best Moe Site Master Eundong and other staff members. Only thing I can publicly say about that board is that from now on, staff members won't be paying any attention to that board. Anyone with Anizone account can post anything there, so you may get some response, but they won't likely be from Best Moe Staff, and since it won't be actively monitored any more, there is no guarantee what you might receive as response.
Old 2011-08-19, 09:39   Link #174
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Holy Crap on a Cracker!? Angelene actually made it through ?!?

Disappointed that Zakuro and Ryoko didn't make the cut... Disappointed, but not unexpected.

The last group is full of unhesitations for me heh....
Old 2011-08-19, 10:04   Link #175
hinakatbklyn

BRS made it but not Mato Kuroi... interesting
Azusa won as expected.
Nice win for Mikan.

(43) Mio Aoyama (KamiNomi)
(44) Sakura Hanazono (Maid Sama)
(45) Nana Astar Deviluke (ToLoveRu)
(46) Momo Belia Deviluke (ToLoveRu) (Tempted to vote Shiemi but... hope she also makes it)
(47) Nemu Asakura (Da Capo)
(48) Abstain (Couldn't decide between Ikaros, Shiina or Euu)

Last edited by hinakatbklyn; 2011-08-19 at 10:23.
Old 2011-08-19, 14:01   Link #176
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

43 - Ruka
44 - Hiyori
45 - Run
46 - Aoi
47 - Elucia
48 - Ikaros
Old 2011-08-19, 15:39   Link #177
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

43) Mio
44) Sakura
45) Run
46) Kanna
47) Elsea
48) Gundere
Old 2011-08-19, 16:28   Link #178
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Misaka clone #19090
Sunae
Run-chan
Nano
Shiro
Euu
Old 2011-08-19, 17:10   Link #179
Kotohono
Yuri 'serator

wtf group 41 Mio, Ruka, Haruka, and Kazuha? Also OUCH Zakuro finished dead last in her group .
43. Ruka Urushibara
44. Suzuha Amane
45. Kusunoki Kasuga
46. Kanna Aoyagi
47. Elsie
48. Gundere
MAL
Old 2011-08-19, 18:00   Link #180
Sphire

Happy both AnoHana girls made it. Tsuruko barely though with a strong Azusa. Naruko winning was semi-surprising.

Today:
43. Morishima
44. ...
45. Run
46. Aoyagi
47. Elucia
48, Shiina

Tags
moe, saimoe, tournament