AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2021-04-24, 17:27   Link #201
RDNexus

It didn't get clear how the Tribe Chief's aide ended up after her captors got executed.
Did anyone understand that?

You can download it here. Feedback is welcome. I hope you like it.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-24, 21:14   Link #202
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDNexus View Post
It didn't get clear how the Tribe Chief's aide ended up after her captors got executed.
Did anyone understand that?
I'm pretty sure the implication was that she was dead, though its possible she's just in recovery or something.
Old 2021-04-26, 18:08   Link #203
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekkusu View Post
Kai is already in Sinchar, that's good. Shiera is back, That's better!

Looks like Kai wants to approach things as 'Kai' first, of course the problems are various with the nomads attacking, Yamlika is obviously a minor villian this arc and of couse the main villian Dhala moving things from the shadows.
I think Kai has to keep his "Major Grey" persona under wraps here for as long as he can since it might be bad of the nomads find out he's with Albion. At least that's what I gather.

Since he may have to do something similar here to what he did with the Hasas before in the land of the beastmen (forgot the name), where he'd gone to the mainland to watch their training but also helped the Hasas. In this case, although he may actually be going to the Sinchar since they're allied with Albion, he might end up helping the nomads when he notices the stuff the Sinchar are doing and how bad they are.

I could be wrong though, and he might actually have been sent there to help the nomads despite Sinchar being Albion's ally. Him having been sent to help Sinchar seems likelier to me, but we'll see.

@XFire: Yeah, I agree with you.

What's the Tribe Chief's name, again? I can't remember.
Old 2021-05-22, 12:05   Link #204
Rekkusu

Well, is nice the plot is moving faster this arc. I guess it helps having Shiera close to kai so he can transform anytime.

I feel bad for Aldia though. she has to fight Baruara's army while keeping an eye on Dhala's army, that she can't trust. Also I feel the other chiefs are going to betray her too and that they are the ones behind her getting shot at the end of the chapter.

Btw, here's the color page of this month's chapter
Images
Color page
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Rekkusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-22, 15:38   Link #205
Mazryonh

Quote:
Btw, here's the color page of this month's chapter
Images
Color page
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Colour me confused as to why this series can flaunt all the exposed female nipples it wants within the manga proper itself, but has to censor them for the volume covers and any promotional art. That's weird.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-22, 16:12   Link #206
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Colour me confused as to why this series can flaunt all the exposed female nipples it wants within the manga proper itself, but has to censor them for the volume covers and any promotional art. That's weird.
I'm pretty sure the reason is because to see the stuff inside you (are supposed to) have to pay for it. Meaning you were old enough to pass the restriction.

Whereas the cover and promotional art can be seen by anyone who picks up the book off a shelf.

It's more of a liability thing than anything practical, I think
Old 2021-05-23, 10:42   Link #207
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I think XFire's right.

@Rekkusu: I also feel sorry for Aldia.

But I wonder if the guy who shot her missed or just wasn't ordered to shoot to kill? I mean, I know there's a hole in her body now and it could prove to be fatal from loss of blood if it's not treated soon enough, but just the place she was shot at doesn't seem fatal by itself. Or maybe I'm missing something.

Kai was only told to deliver a letter to that fat ruler woman (I don't remember her name). I wonder if he could still help Aldia out if he notices what's going on and how the people she's fighting are the ones in the wrong. Maybe he could tell the Albion crown about this and get them to help Aldia and the chiefs instead. I wonder what the letter from the queen of Albion says, though. Could it be she somehow got wind of what they're up to and wrote a letter to call off the alliance?
Old 2021-06-26, 01:22   Link #208
tsunade666

Amnesia and they ended up saving her.
Old 2021-06-26, 11:33   Link #209
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Amnesia and they ended up saving her.
Giving Aldia amnesia sounds to me like needless padding of an arc to make it longer.

Also, does anyone else think that the way that Aldia lost her memory sounds suspiciously similar to the cause of a certain female character's memory loss from Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain? I think this new "memory loss" arc might be a reference or homage to that video game.
Old 2021-06-26, 13:06   Link #210
DragonOsman
Dragon King

So she did lose her memory? I was suspicious from her screaming about how she doesn't know. But why did she get memory loss from a shot to the stomach?

And yeah, it does seem like padding to make the arc longer. It'll just over-complicate things.
Old 2021-06-26, 15:58   Link #211
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
So she did lose her memory? I was suspicious from her screaming about how she doesn't know. But why did she get memory loss from a shot to the stomach?
Isn't the implication that she lost her memory from the shock of hitting the water? The same is implied for the amnesiac female character from Metal Gear Solid 5.

Quote:
And yeah, it does seem like padding to make the arc longer. It'll just over-complicate things.
I hope it's not a sign that the author is out of ideas at this point. We don't seem to be anywhere near the end-point of the story, or even mid-point.
Old 2021-06-27, 12:45   Link #212
Johnny
Working the bags...

Has one more element to go so I guess she'll be earth. Unless the author comes up with others. My guess is she'll regain her memory with the nectaring...lol
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-27, 19:21   Link #213
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Has one more element to go so I guess she'll be earth. Unless the author comes up with others. My guess is she'll regain her memory with the nectaring...lol
The author could always come up with other elements. But how will Kai and Shiera actually find out that Aldia has the ambrosia? Last I remember they don't know how to detect an Ambrosia carrier in advance.
Old 2021-06-30, 08:22   Link #214
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, they don't know how to tell in advance. And with her being amnesic, it'll be even harder to tell (assuming that she knew about it while she had her memory--if she really has an Ambrosia).

It'd be great if they manage to run into Gil Gara soon. He knows her, so he should be able to trigger something in her memory.

Speaking of knowing her though, I don't think Kai and Shiera know anything about her themselves aside from her being a nomad since that woman working at the brothel told them that. And that might also complicate things later on since she could possibility be an enemy with her memory back. If she gets her memory back and learns who they are and why they're there, it's likely for her to attack them.
Old 2021-06-30, 11:04   Link #215
Mazryonh

Quote:
Yeah, they don't know how to tell in advance. And with her being amnesic, it'll be even harder to tell (assuming that she knew about it while she had her memory--if she really has an Ambrosia).

It'd be great if they manage to run into Gil Gara soon. He knows her, so he should be able to trigger something in her memory.

Speaking of knowing her though, I don't think Kai and Shiera know anything about her themselves aside from her being a nomad since that woman working at the brothel told them that. And that might also complicate things later on since she could possibility be an enemy with her memory back. If she gets her memory back and learns who they are and why they're there, it's likely for her to attack them.
Yeah, the situation with Aldia was complicated enough for Kai and Shiera even without her memory loss. That's why I feel that the memory loss bit is just padding to lengthen this arc. You bring up how it's going to be difficult for Kai and Shiera to convince Aldia not to be hostile once her memory's back, so it's going to be interesting to see how the author resolves this situation.
Old 2021-06-30, 22:16   Link #216
Rekkusu

Well, Aldia's memory loss is definitely needed for her and Kai to form a relationship as allies, not necessarily just to lengthen the arc. The reason is that even if they are both good guys, their backgrounds put them in a situation where they would eventually clash.

Amnesiac Aldia wipes the slate clean and will allow them to get to know each other as individuals and work together to tackle the problems of the empire.

PS - with how easy it is to get married in Sinchar, I feel like Kai will end up married at the end of the arc.
Rekkusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-01, 07:02   Link #217
zhangthang

Quote:
Well, Aldia's memory loss is definitely needed for her and Kai to form a relationship as allies, not necessarily just to lengthen the arc. The reason is that even if they are both good guys, their backgrounds put them in a situation where they would eventually clash.

Amnesiac Aldia wipes the slate clean and will allow them to get to know each other as individuals and work together to tackle the problems of the empire.

PS - with how easy it is to get married in Sinchar, I feel like Kai will end up married at the end of the arc.
Well, he may married both girls to pass the enemy search.
zhangthang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-01, 13:54   Link #218
Mazryonh

Quote:

So it's going to be like Kaname Ougi and Villeta Nu back in Code Geass? Make a hostile person enamoured of you once they become amnesiac?

Quote:
Fake, forced, or unintentional marriages are staples of the RomCom genre, and this series has had its RomCom moments, so you may be right on that note.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhangthang View Post
Well, he may married both girls to pass the enemy search.
I wouldn't be surprised if that happened in the next chapter. Enemy forces search the brothel, only for Kai to pretend that he's being caught in flagrante delicto with Aldia and Shiera once the enemies burst into Kai's room.
Old 2021-07-03, 12:40   Link #219
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Him marrying them is good, but I'd prefer that he marry the whole harem--starting with Sakura.

If he does marry these two this arc it'll just be temporary wouldn't it? And that's kind of a waste; I think if he marries them it should be for keeps. [But if he does marry them, then temporary not, it'll be hell for Kai if Sakura finds out.]

@Rekkusu: Good point about the memory loss being needed for Kai and Aldia to become allies. I'm just hoping they remain allies even after Aldia's memory comes back.
Old 2021-07-03, 16:42   Link #220
Mazryonh

Quote:
Him marrying them is good, but I'd prefer that he marry the whole harem--starting with Sakura.
Including Ligia, who has a crush on Kai but has no Ambrosia of her own?

Quote:
I'm just hoping they remain allies even after Aldia's memory comes back.
That's not guaranteed. Even Villetta and Kaname from Code Geass had their hostile moments when that happened.

Tags
disguise, harem, industrial revolution, milk-powered, oppai