AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2010-06-14, 09:40   Link #1
Dr. Casey

Is there any way to fix my Wordpad file?

It's 31 pages long. I was unfortunate enough to save it at the exact second my power went out. Now it's just 31 pages of... squares. Any way to bring it back to normal?

Used Google and I'm starting to think I'm fucked. Guess I'll just rewrite the god damn thing.

Last edited by Dr. Casey; 2010-06-14 at 10:17.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-14, 15:38   Link #2
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

What file type is this? Have you tried changing the encoding? How about opening it with another editor? (like notepad++)

Not sure what else you could try. But you could upload it and show it to us if its not a problem (along with a simple "hello, world" working file1) so we can (possibly) take a look at the difference between them. Can't do much just talking about squares.

Old 2010-06-15, 05:58   Link #3
TCman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
It's 31 pages long. I was unfortunate enough to save it at the exact second my power went out. Now it's just 31 pages of... squares. Any way to bring it back to normal?

Used Google and I'm starting to think I'm fucked. Guess I'll just rewrite the god damn thing.

Hi,

Try to download this free repair tool, Repair My Word, and use it to recover the document (.doc).

See if it helps. If it's not working you probably need to re-type the whole thing!

There are also some other documents repair tools, such as the "docrepair", but it's payware.

EDIT:

The method from above probably won't work, since it only works with files with .doc extensions. Although there's another method.

A friend of mine said that you probably may fix the RTF file when you try to open it with Openoffice (free). So what you need to do is download openoffice, install it and open the RTF file with openoffice.

Hope this works for you,

Good luck!

Last edited by TCman; 2010-06-15 at 06:23. Reason: didn't see it's about a wordpad (RTF) file.
TCman is offline   Reply With Quote