AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-26, 17:51   Link #1
WindStriker
Cool Whip

desprate fansub fan

I know i had a simular thread but i am desprate. I asked if there was any good mecha, simular to gundam, fansubs and found out we are haveing a mecha drought. Now i am wondering is there any fansubs with the same themes such as war, the blurring of the line between good and evil, moral questions, ect. It would be nice if it had spaceships, or a scifi but any thing would be nice. I truley need a good anime any suggestions would be apperciated.
Old 2003-11-26, 18:03   Link #2
Xeno

There is a section called suggestions... try using it...
Old 2003-11-26, 20:00   Link #3
WindStriker
Cool Whip

Desperate fansub fan

I know i had a simular thread but i am desprate. I asked if there was any good mecha, simular to gundam, fansubs and found out we are haveing a mecha drought. Now i am wondering is there any fansubs with the same themes such as war, the blurring of the line between good and evil, moral questions, ect. It would be nice if it had spaceships, or a scifi but any thing would be nice. I truley need a good anime any suggestions would be apperciated.
Old 2003-11-26, 20:31   Link #4
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Try Kikou Sennyo Rouran if you want to see moral questions and a really blurry line between good and evil. It is only kind scifi and only kind've a war, but it is really good.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2003-11-26, 21:58   Link #5
tcov

There is Metal Armor Dragonar. It's an 80's mecha anime. Some people call it a Gundam ripoff. Two episodes have been fansubbed recently.
Old 2003-11-30, 04:51   Link #6
Rheinhard
Feldmarschall

Send a message via AIM to Rheinhard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindStriker
Well have I got the show for you! War? Check. (BIG time!) Moral Questions? Check. Spaceships? Bwahahahah! (Fugeddaboutit) No transforming robot mecha, but the space battleships are cool and physically reasonable (and bloody numerous) enough to make up for it. (I mean seriously, a 10,000 ship battle is a skirmish in this universe...)

The show you want is Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

Currently, Lunar Anime has the first episode digitally subbed, and the rest of the episodes out there for download are rips from the video fansubs from some years ago (some of which I helped contribute to). Hopefully Lunar and/or some other groups will be working on more direct digital subs soon. Spreading the word about this show (my all time fave SF anime, which far too few people have heard of) is one of my missions in life, so feel free to ask me any questions about it.

To comment on some of the other suggestions here... somebody's digisubbing Dragonar? Wow! As an anime fan from the 80s, I think it's great to get stuff like that out there! Yeah, it was something of a Gundam ripoff, but enjoyable. And the great thing is, with an older show like that, there's no real worry of it being licensed out from under you so the fansubs stop in the middle!
Closed Thread