AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-06-11, 17:50   Link #61
Decel

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
I see now, it's not bad that Aoi has that thrist of goal but the point is to win, not for him to score. Well until now that was the only way he knew how to play.
Until now they were the same goal. To win he had to score, no one else on his team had the skills.

Now he's on a team where everything is inverted: he's the less skilled of the bunch.
Old 2022-06-11, 19:38   Link #62
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post

Anyway great episode. This show continues being amazing. I'm surprised more people aren't talking about it.
They are in Japan (Vol. 28 #1 last week, total series sales #2). The manga is very popular. But sports series, generally, just don't make a big splash with English-speaking audiences.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-11, 20:02   Link #63
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
I see now, it's not bad that Aoi has that thrist of goal but the point is to win, not for him to score. Well until now that was the only way he knew how to play.
That still does not solve the assignment handed out by Coach Date. There are hints given in what has passed but I suppose that when it is revealed, it becomes obvious for a football fan. But if you're not or just starting to learn about football, it is a basic fundamental in the passing style game that Esperion plays from what has been shown when Youth Team A with only 11 players scored against a 22-player Youth Team B.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-11, 20:11   Link #64
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
They are in Japan (Vol. 28 #1 last week, total series sales #2). The manga is very popular. But sports series, generally, just don't make a big splash with English-speaking audiences.
Unless they are sport series for those who hate sports... there's one this season. There's another one coming in Fall season.
Old 2022-06-11, 20:39   Link #65
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

No Blue L*ck in the Blue Ashi thread

Last edited by Guardian Enzo; 2022-06-11 at 21:13.
Old 2022-06-18, 17:29   Link #66
grecefar

Great chapter, I can relate when connecting the dots of something that has been nagging you for a while, it feels really good.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-18, 19:16   Link #67
Decel

Great episode. The extended talk while standing there in mid-play kind of pulls me out of the immersion though.

To me the turning point was Kuroda's thumb's up that validated Aoi's train of thoughts after the failed play.
Old 2022-06-25, 05:22   Link #68
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

No break for Ao Ashi - second cour starts next week.
Old 2022-06-25, 11:50   Link #69
grecefar

this was awesome, I can't imagine what kind of matches are we going to get in the future if they are better than this.
Old 2022-06-25, 11:51   Link #70
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Next week (next episode - Episode 13), they are playing away in their blue away jerseys. The next episode's title is "転". Oh.. so looking forward to it.
Old 2022-06-25, 12:04   Link #71
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Ah.. for those who want to know the official reference for this, refer this tweet https://twitter.com/aoashi_pr/status...35917894959104

And the next episode preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tPhAKcVBSk
Old 2022-06-25, 14:49   Link #72
Decel

The best ep so far in terms of action. This episode also shares information in a better format than the last one where Aoi was just talking it out imo (show, don't tell).

I could do without the crow-talk however.
Old 2022-06-25, 19:29   Link #73
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

As long as there's no arch-rival club with cats I'm fine with it.
Old 2022-06-26, 07:18   Link #74
Dextro
He Without a Title

Can we take a moment to take in how smooth Ashito was with Hana there? "I'm going to score a goal for you"? That pointing afterwards? Damn dawg! No wonder Otomo was annoyed at the dinner afterwards.

Aside from that I have to point out something that's been bugging me in this small arc so far and I'm pretty sure it's an intentional choice from the author. Kuroda mentioned that they've drilled the triangle into them in trainings but that was never shown to us, the audience. I get that it just means that Ashito was so focused on himself that it flew over his head (or he didn't care) but it still annoys me a bit because it doesn't allow the audience to have that "Oh!" moment reflecting on previous scenes. It's a choice: Ashito didn't notice them so we weren't shown, but it still makes it a bit annoying to me. Like Enzo and others have said, if you're really into football then you would have noticed (particularly in the blackboard scene) what was missing (the triangle) but if you aren't then it becomes just as frustrating as it was for Ashito.

Not really a complaint per se, just a stylistic choice.

Anyway I'm glad we got over this small hump. Having low team morale is not a good environment to have players improve so it's good that it's all on the path to being fixed. Now onwards to the next match, let's see how Ashito grows next.

Quote:
Amazing news! This was an highlight of the season for me so I'm glad to see it continue non-stop.
Old 2022-07-02, 07:52   Link #75
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Holy crap, what an episode.

New OP and ED are bangers. Especially the OP.
Old 2022-07-02, 09:06   Link #76
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Looking forward to the comments of anime-only viewers on Episode 13. Fukuda drops truth bombs on Aoi. Relentless precision strikes. The positional change is one many don't expect since it's an outlier compared to the usual football manga/anime series. This endeared the manga series even more to me.
Old 2022-07-02, 10:26   Link #77
grecefar

Ok, I do agree that being a foward doesn't suit Aoi skilled eyes, even thought he is doing well. What Fukuda said is true and I can see that being a defender will make him see everthing in the field and with that he will be a monster, but I was thinking of him being a mid-fielder like modric or kross were he can create plays from the half of the field and score too.
Old 2022-07-02, 11:17   Link #78
Decel

Wow, totally unexpected turn of events! Next ep's going to be the pits in terms of emotion.

I also felt Fukuda's presence/style in this episode. They really showed what type of character he is. I really liked his comments at half-time.

They tripled the OPs' animation budget or something, really nice and better than OP 1 imo. I still prefer the previous ED compared to this Hana-centric one. The animation looked more fluid in this game overall. The use of stills was more subdued.

Is it me or some frames looked really low budget or simply off? It feels like some interns were in charge of leftover frames or something. Like that one frame of Nozomi highlighting his nose. Also in the clubhouse, Ashito seemed to change face structure many times.
Old 2022-07-02, 15:46   Link #79
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

but aoi doesn't know how to defend, modern fullbacks might be more attacking but he still has to defend, not sure why Fukuda picked that position.
Old 2022-07-02, 16:35   Link #80
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Ok, I do agree that being a foward doesn't suit Aoi skilled eyes, even thought he is doing well. What Fukuda said is true and I can see that being a defender will make him see everthing in the field and with that he will be a monster, but I was thinking of him being a mid-fielder like modric or kross were he can create plays from the half of the field and score too.
Same here. I had been expecting, going from what the show has shown us so far, that the story was building up for Ao to move into the playmaker role. The number 10. The person who bridges the gap between attacking and defending.

This? Have we ever seen Ao show any aptitude for defense? Like ars89 said, modern fullbacks might need to be capable at attacking but they are still expected to be walls that stop the opposing attacks.

Again, this is the second time this story has thrown me for a loop in this fashion and not in a good way. Twists that you don't see coming aren't good, they're cheap. The story overall might still be good (and the next couple of episodes might retroactively explain what happened) but, at the moment, it just feels like drama for the sake of drama.

On the other hand the OP is fire indeed.

Tags
soccer, sports