AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-07-13, 15:39   Link #41
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Evangelion 2.22 was fun but aside from the spectacle the entire Rebuild series was kind of whatever -- I unironically liked the Code Geass rebuilds more. Conversely Star Wars has been doing really well with its TV universe (at least with the Mandalorian and Obi-Wan so far) and you don't really need to have watched the JJ Abrams trilogy either.

Anyway, not much flashback this episode, just team Riko (though Nanachi formally requested a name change) exploring until Prushka goes missing. I guess we'll get the rest of the flashback consistent with the manga.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-13, 16:01   Link #42
grecefar

I liked the opening.

Gotta say I'm glad for the anime, I got so lost in the manga that I was just skipping through pages.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-13, 17:06   Link #43
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Will have to rewatch the episode but was Reg's right arm attached before they stole Prushka? I thought they regained Reg's hand at the end of the third movie?

I'm guessing the weird shaped creatures are what became of the other group shown in episode 1. So the reason no human returns from the sixth layer is because they get cursed? and turn into weird shapes.
Old 2022-07-13, 17:39   Link #44
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Not sure if I like this OP as much as the first. I'll have to hear it some more.
Scared Reg is soooooooooo cute.
I don't think I could eat a thing that is still moving though; that freaks me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
I'm guessing the weird shaped creatures are what became of the other group shown in episode 1.
You
Spoiler:
Old 2022-07-13, 18:40   Link #45
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I guess we won't alternate between what's her name's flashback and the present, after all.

I loved the scene where Riko tried to send a letter to her friends. Nanachi gives an inspirational speech about how it's definitely going to reach them and the balloon gets eaten before it even leaves the layer
We were reminded she'll never see them again, unless she can find a relic able to shield her from the curse.
Old 2022-07-13, 20:04   Link #46
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
Gotta say I'm glad for the anime, I got so lost in the manga that I was just skipping through pages.
The manga was a bit tricky to follow and it was made worse by the fact that the release schedule was all over the place and sometimes the author was only putting out chapters every 90 days. When it finally ended I had to read it again from the beginning.
Old 2022-07-13, 20:17   Link #47
ramlaen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Will have to rewatch the episode but was Reg's right arm attached before they stole Prushka? I thought they regained Reg's hand at the end of the third movie?
They have his arm (and he can move it as shown in the previous episode) but it is not attached.
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-13, 20:53   Link #48
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well that is some food they got there its still moving after boiling it and frying it
Old 2022-07-13, 22:36   Link #49
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Ohh, Prushka turned into a pendant or something. Or maybe she got chopped into pieces and was stuffed in it.
Considering everyone in the past arc has seemingly turned into blobs, I wouldn't be surprised either way.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-15, 12:06   Link #50
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
I was expecting a Myth & Roid song for Overlord season 4, instead I got it here. I'll take it.
Old 2022-07-15, 16:10   Link #51
Wandering Soul

This episode reminded me of Leader's promise to come after them if they were gone for so long, though considering how deep in the abyss they are, that promise probably won't amount to anything.
Old 2022-07-15, 19:20   Link #52
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
I was expecting a Myth & Roid song for Overlord season 4, instead I got it here. I'll take it.
It's actually the same song they used for the credits of Movie 3.

I know this because I had to hurry and watch movie 3 before season 2's episodes so I did that in one night. Otherwise I don't think I would have remembered.

My favorite M&R song is still definitely Tit for Tat; that song just rocks so hard
Old 2022-07-15, 22:18   Link #53
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
It's actually the same song they used for the credits of Movie 3.

I know this because I had to hurry and watch movie 3 before season 2's episodes so I did that in one night. Otherwise I don't think I would have remembered.

My favorite M&R song is still definitely Tit for Tat; that song just rocks so hard
Oh yeah, I completely forgot about that.
Old 2022-07-16, 11:59   Link #54
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Is it me, or were there a few.... perversions in this episode? Maybe I just have a dirty mind at this point =0v.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I guess we won't alternate between what's her name's flashback and the present, after all.

I loved the scene where Riko tried to send a letter to her friends. Nanachi gives an inspirational speech about how it's definitely going to reach them and the balloon gets eaten before it even leaves the layer
We were reminded she'll never see them again, unless she can find a relic able to shield her from the curse.
Vueko. And yeah, I think that's a shame. I was enjoying their little story and I think the finer details could have been drawn out more and still be captivating to me. But of course that would be at the expense of drawing out the their story, and losing time with Riko's story. Sucks, but oh well....

The balloon part was pretty funny .

frubam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-16, 14:26   Link #55
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Is it me, or were there a few.... perversions in this episode?
I felt like the perviest thing was inquiring "Is....is its butt sewn shut"? and then opening the wound.

Honestly quite mild.

Quote:
The balloon part was pretty funny
I was legit sad about that!! Then it occurred to me that Reg could theoretically go up to Orth to deliver the package....but leaving the girls(? I'm quite sure Nanachi is a girl lol) would be too risky to do....and something could hurt him if he went alone.
Old 2022-07-17, 09:01   Link #56
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

We saw Nanachi in her human incarnation during the scenes with Mitty and Bondrewd. I don't understand why you'd be questioning her gender. Maybe the joke just went over my head (not that uncommon).
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-17, 09:06   Link #57
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Author deliberatelly made Nanachi androginous and does not specify their gender. At least in the manga. Unlike Vueko and Marulurk, for example.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-17, 09:57   Link #58
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

When Jake (the translator) told me Nanachi was gender-indeterminate, it really surprised me. Never occurred to me that she could be male.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-17, 10:04   Link #59
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Same, but for some reason author decided to leave Nanachi as indeterminate.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-17, 13:12   Link #60
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

I think its more a matter of being up to the audience what gender Nanachi is. IIRC they use "oira" to refer to themselves, which is somewhat masculine but not conclusive.