Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2022-06-18, 07:57   Link #121
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Well don't get caught up in the title too much. Iron Blooded Orphans didn't really mean the Orphans have iron blood in them.
Iron Blood in IBO was likely a reference to their mechanical implants.
Old 2022-06-18, 09:07   Link #122
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Boys? Screw that! I want a female Char-clone!

It would be fitting to have a female Rival/Char Clone in a female-led Gundam show, but it doesn't seem like Miorine is a pilot, though I guess there could be antagonist characters they haven't revealed yet.
Old 2022-06-18, 09:20   Link #123
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Okay, now that I've dedicated one entire page for my concern & negative feelings towards WFM writer, let's discuss the more fun things of this announcement.

Starting from the established world:
We know that the Beneritt Group is the one mega-company that (most likely?) monopolize the Mobile Suit (MS) industry and Miorine is basically the "princess" of the Beneritt president & chairman.

Beneritt established the Asticassia tech-school & within Beneritt, there are the Big 3 branches of MS developers which are:
  1. Jeturk Heavy Machinery: with Guel being the ace (and most likely heir) of the branch. Their MS is Dilanza.
  2. Grassley Defense Systems: with Shaddiq who is both a pilot & next CEO candidate. Their MS is Michaelis.
  3. Peil Technologies: with Elan as the branch's pilot student. It's the most mysterious & the most juicy branch since this company is the one that has (or produced?) Gundam for their pilot or Gundam Pharact in this case.
Does that mean Suletta her Gundam Aerial belongs to Peil or its Mercury subsidiary? The fact that they literally stated that Elan has an interest in her makes it more intriguing.

Btw, Michaelis really looks like a fusion between Genoace Custom & Knight Gundam:

=
Old 2022-06-18, 10:45   Link #124
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Starting from the established world:
We know that the Beneritt Group is the one mega-company that (most likely?) monopolize the Mobile Suit (MS) industry and Miorine is basically the "princess" of the Beneritt president & chairman.

Beneritt established the Asticassia tech-school & within Beneritt, there are the Big 3 branches of MS developers which are:
  1. Jeturk Heavy Machinery: with Guel being the ace (and most likely heir) of the branch. Their MS is Dilanza.
  2. Grassley Defense Systems: with Shaddiq who is both a pilot & next CEO candidate. Their MS is Michaelis.
  3. Peil Technologies: with Elan as the branch's pilot student. It's the most mysterious & the most juicy branch since this company is the one that has (or produced?) Gundam for their pilot or Gundam Pharact in this case.
Does that mean Suletta her Gundam Aerial belongs to Peil or its Mercury subsidiary? The fact that they literally stated that Elan has an interest in her makes it more intriguing.
It also interesting that Michaelis looks like the most advanced.
Gundam usually recognized as some kind of legendary / advanced machine, but here it looks like Aerial is a developer build, while Pharact is finished product but not good enough to tell there's significant improvement from Aerial compare to Michaelis sleek design or Dilanza bulkier weaponry.

With the competition as theme, I'm guessing either Peil only got the blueprint, not the brain behind it or the Gundam designer ditched Aerial for Peil at some point of time.
Old 2022-06-18, 10:52   Link #125
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Well don't get caught up in the title too much. Iron Blooded Orphans didn't really mean the Orphans have iron blood in them.
Haemoglobin is a core protein in red blood cells, and being a metalloprotein, it contains iron as a cofactor. So all orphans are iron-blooded

Quote:
Boys? Screw that! I want a female Char-clone!

Seconded, I could really get behind this.
Old 2022-06-19, 00:32   Link #126
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I noticed them in the teaser, but the homepage definitely makes Suletta’s blobs for eyebrows noticeable, and I can’t say I’m a fan. They’re especially glaring when all the other characters have normal eyebrows. It’s like they tried to make her like those moe characters with the funny eyebrows……….and failed miserably.

Hopefully they’ll turn out better in animation.
Old 2022-07-08, 14:38   Link #127
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

prologue at comic-con

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-diego/.187503
Old 2022-07-08, 15:21   Link #128
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

If the so-called "Prologue" is gonna be projected onto a building, I expect it would be light on story and heavier on the MS battle just like the Phenex animation special or G-Reco CG short or the Freedom in Shanghai animation.

But I hope they actually surprise me by having actual plot substance in it. Let's wait & see.
Old 2022-07-14, 06:52   Link #129
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Spoiler for the Gundam Aerial armament:

YouTube
Old 2022-07-14, 07:06   Link #130
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

The Prologue will be available in Gundam.Info YouTube channel at a later date
Old 2022-07-14, 07:59   Link #131
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

oh that's good, what a promo for the gunpla
Old 2022-07-14, 09:00   Link #132
Router25
World Connector. I think

There's Cherudim shield bit tech in there.
Old 2022-07-14, 10:28   Link #133
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Raw footage of the Prologue.

YouTube

Official English sub will most probably provided by Gundam.info later.
Old 2022-07-14, 12:32   Link #134
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Finished watching the Prologue, and yes... it's great. Everything just somehow clicked for me, from the tone to the action to the music. Even in 360P, the funnel missiles and bits are quite beautifully animated - in particular the Lfrith bits move in a graceful manner I haven't seen since the Gundam AGE-FX. Gonna have to reserve actual judgement on the story though until we get English subs (officially or otherwise), but despite there being no blood shown in the prologue (I have a feeling it was cut out for this rip somehow), the episode towards the end felt brutal and emotional.

Spoiler for Battle:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-14, 13:17   Link #135
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Yep, I can't really judge the story of the Prologue yet but I like what I see so far. I can actually feel the emotion of the episode since there's no Okouchi's signature OTT characters in it. Almost everything feels well balanced.

And after I watched the prologue, I just wanna say, "Happy birthday, Eri"
Old 2022-07-14, 14:22   Link #136
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quite aside from probable nod to one of WW2's lesser-known units, I would be amused in the writers had in fact tucked in one to 'Dune'. "How?" you ask. Consider the Beneritt Group... that could easily be a contraction of 'Bene Gesserit' with an extra 't' added. Additionally, with this and other corporations seeming to be major players here... the possibility of the sorts of shenanigans Shadowrun among other settings cannot be dismissed.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-14, 16:38   Link #137
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

after watching that I have to say I'm more excited to see the actual series now
Old 2022-07-14, 17:14   Link #138
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I watched the prologue raw so I'm missing some context. But I'm picking up that society is against Gundams or some new tech they possess? But it definitely looks interesting thus far. Gonna need subs fast.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-14, 17:55   Link #139
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm waiting for subs to watch the prologue, but based on information they revealed about the characters, turns out the MC herself is Char. Her goal isn't clear, but she changed her name to infiltrate the organization that killed her parents... so most likely, she's after revenge.
Old 2022-07-14, 20:09   Link #140
Frontier

I have to say, from the trailer, the animation looks phenomenal .

Also I think it's cool that Kana Ichinose gets to be the lead in a Mecha show this time around .