Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
Denji and Aki !
Old 2022-10-11, 10:34   Link #42
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Yeah, not really digging the song, just the visual.
Old 2022-10-11, 11:36   Link #43
Frontier

I feel like the Opening is really fitting! With it's strong beat, the main cast just vibing, watching a movie together, Denji in the palm of a certain redhead's hands, a blonde gal in a bikini, and Chainsaw Man tearing #@#% up .

We've seen a lot of protagonists having to struggle to overcome a massive debt left to them by their parents (sometimes involving Yakuza) but I don't think we've seen many who have literally sold their body parts to pay it off. Like, Denji sold off half his nuts! Jeez .

Okay, so I guess we're just going to throw ourselves into it that this setting has monstrous, themed, Devils roaming about that need to be slain by Devil Hunters. And Denji is on call by the Yakuza to take care of them with the help of his adorable chainsaw dog Pochita! Pochita plushie when ?

Denji may seem desperate, but he's more clever than he looks with that eating a cigarette bit .

Denji's a simple man...he just wants to be able to live and be in peace with his best bud Pochita, even if he still years for more...like tastier food or love with a woman. Although I'm kind of morbidly curious how a girl would respond to seeing his half nuts .

Denji's mom had heart problems? I'm honestly curious if part of the reason his dad racked up so much debt was to pay for her medical bills before he killed himself because of the debt and losing his wife. Although I guess that's a more flattering take on a guy who basically died and abandoned his own son to deal with his massive debt .

See, this is why you don't work for Yakuza...they string you along, take most of the money they pay you with for your debts and for what little upkeep they provide for you, and then betray you to a Devil because they just can't be satisfied without more power. Well, I guess they got their just deserts for trying to gain power from a Devil because the hideous Zombie Devil ended up turning them in to his zombie playthings .

Oof...poor Denji and Pochita. I mean, it was bad enough watching Pochita get pierced and torn in half, but Denji gets repeatedly stabbed to death .

Denji is a really great pal. He wanted Pochita to take his body in case he died and live a life of freedom and happiness that he couldn't get to, and Pochita responded to his love by saving him by giving Denji his body so he could fulfill his dream. Dogs really are Man's Best Friend. And with the power of Pochita, Denji is reborn as...CHAINSAW MAN !

So now Denji's got a restored body and chainsaws for arms and head...so is his dick now a chainsaw too ?

Catch the CG! I think Chainsaw Man was pretty much 99% CG. I'm not saying that as a criticism, just something that will probably be noticeable .

It must've been so satisfying tearing through the Zombie Devil and all those zombie Yakuza, completely freeing himself from their control. I only wish we had gotten to see him chainsaw through the head that Yakuza boss .

Denji's new life is already off to a great start when he finds comfort and intimacy with a bewitching young female Devil Hunter who sees promise in him and promises a decent life if he works for her. I'd call that moving on up in the world !

The first of many ED themes! And it fits very well! Although with a song like "Chainsaw Blood," I feel like they should bring it back as an insert song .
Old 2022-10-11, 12:50   Link #44
Sides

Wow, The CG work is superb. Honestly, seeing this, we are getting at a stage that is is barely noticeable. Nice to see a mk1 golf and austin seven/morris mini minor together in anime show. Actually when the vehicles are moving, that is when you notice that it CG.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-11, 13:26   Link #45
Marina2

Ep.1

As anime only viewer, It looks great and bloody awesome. I have fun watching it ,but..........I don't really get that 'wow' feeling from it.
Old 2022-10-11, 13:43   Link #46
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

I watched episode 1 just to see what the hype is about and its a cool gorefest I guess but I'm not sure I'm all that interested otherwise.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-11, 14:01   Link #47
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I thought it was solid. I'm sure seeing this was way more intense for fans of the source material since they can pack a lot of feelings into it. But I thought it was good. Not the best first episode of the season, but it definitely built things up nicely and lead to a good finale for the opening episode.

Denji and Pochita were good. Nice back and forth wondering which of them was actually going to be sacrificed since it looked as if it could go either way. But it ended on a pretty solid note there.

Idiot Yazuka will be idiots. Less intelligence than a small kid. Small chainsaw dog is a reasonable partner choice. Creepy zombie demon...not a great choice to team up with.
Old 2022-10-11, 14:22   Link #48
James Rye

First episode was really awesome, this gonna be a last to watch. <3
Old 2022-10-11, 14:50   Link #49
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

First episode is well-animated fun. But what makes the story stand out from others remains to be seen.
Old 2022-10-11, 15:14   Link #50
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

As an anime only viewer I disliked it, simply because I'm guessing no more Pochita? I never new I needed a chainsaw dog so badly.

In seriousness though it was alright. The CG quality was surprisingly good. Though is the hype just because its a gore-fest and bloody?

Still early to tell for me, but will give it a few more eps.
Old 2022-10-11, 17:41   Link #51
grecefar

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
I watched episode 1 just to see what the hype is about and its a cool gorefest I guess but I'm not sure I'm all that interested otherwise.
exactly my thoughts... but I'll give it a chance with three chapters, I've heard about this one for a while and I want to see what is the big deal.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-11, 18:03   Link #52
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'll always find it funny that CR can stream a gorefest like this but boobs in an ecchi series? Oh no, protect the children with giant beams of light!!

The first episode delivered. I don't mind the CGI that much, I think people underestimate how hard it would be to animate three constantly moving chainsaws in 2D. Not impossible, but given how often Denji fights, going with CGI makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
In seriousness though it was alright. The CG quality was surprisingly good. Though is the hype just because its a gore-fest and bloody?
There is that, but also because it's extremely well written and has insane twists. Won't see much of the latter in the first season, though. It'll mostly be about Denji getting accustomed to his new life.
Old 2022-10-11, 19:24   Link #53
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Ep.1

As anime only viewer, It looks great and bloody awesome. I have fun watching it ,but..........I don't really get that 'wow' feeling from it.
I expect this will get into wow factor maybe 5-6 episodes in. Hopefully.

Anime-only viewer as well.
Old 2022-10-11, 21:03   Link #54
Wandering Soul

The OP couldn't have fit this series any better. The episode itself was solid and only leaves me hyped to see the rest of the series animated.
Old 2022-10-11, 21:25   Link #55
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-11, 22:47   Link #56
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The first episode delivered. I don't mind the CGI that much, I think people underestimate how hard it would be to animate three constantly moving chainsaws in 2D. Not impossible, but given how often Denji fights, going with CGI makes sense.
Yeah, under the circumstances it's pretty understandable why Chainsaw Man himself is CG.

I just hope the MAPPA staff are doing okay.
Old 2022-10-11, 23:06   Link #57
Chosen_Hero

Just saw the first episode and it was ok, not lose my mind and flip my shit amazing like the fanboys treat it but, just ok and solid.
Old 2022-10-11, 23:20   Link #58
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
There is that, but also because it's extremely well written and has insane twists. Won't see much of the latter in the first season, though. It'll mostly be about Denji getting accustomed to his new life.
I myself thought things will start kick for anime-only audience by second season, at worst.

At best, maybe by 8th or 9th episode depends on how Mappa did it.

Old 2022-10-12, 01:15   Link #59
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Yeah, not really digging the song, just the visual.
So many references to movies

0:00 Dante's Divine Comedy
0:02 Reservoir Dogs (1992)
0:10 Texas Chainsaw Massacre
0:11 Pulp Fiction
0:12 Sadako vs Kayako
0:13 No Country for Old Men
0:14 Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
0:15 Attack of the Killer Tomatoes
0:16 Don't Look Up
0:17 Jacob's Ladder
0:18 Constantine
0:28 The Big Lebowski
0:33 Thor Love and Thunder
1:01 Neon Genesis Evangelion
1:06 Fight Club
1:16 Goodbye Eri
1:17 Perspective
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-12, 07:22   Link #60
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
I myself thought things will start kick for anime-only audience by second season, at worst.

At best, maybe by 8th or 9th episode depends on how Mappa did it.

I see, maybe best for me to wait then and just binge the first season. Is it confirmed for 2 Cours or just 1 so far?

Tags
action, horror