Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-07-21, 03:23   Link #41
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
I don't really remember who are the ones who can come straight out of Earth, but apparently, Nether Gundam, the mass produced windmill-like Gundams from Neo Holland can also do that. Their windmill modes are like rockets lol

But I'm sure those Gundams are not as fast compared to God or Master.
Yeah and then there's the God Shadow too which allows the God Gundam to slip out of the way of attacks at such a quick speed that it leaves an after image, simply crazy.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-21, 03:39   Link #42
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
Yeah and then there's the God Shadow too which allows the God Gundam to slip out of the way of attacks at such a quick speed that it leaves an after image, simply crazy.
Yea its called Bunshin Sapou(Bunshin(splitting/after image) Killing Technique) for a reason lol

Together with the reflexes of the Mobile Fighter, Domon in this case, God Gundam is probably the fastest Gundam in combat.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-21, 08:42   Link #43
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Now that I think about, Schwarz\Spiegel has to have been pretty fast to be able to completely disappear and Domon not be able to follow\look for him.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-21, 13:37   Link #44
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Plot dictates who ever is the fastest

Other than that id say V2
Old 2006-07-21, 14:04   Link #45
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese

When the Epyon came out for the first time it was blowing shit up and flying pretty damn fast.
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-25, 00:20   Link #46
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Greatness
When the Epyon came out for the first time it was blowing shit up and flying pretty damn fast.
Dude, that thing just FLEW THROUGH a set of mobile dolls and suddenly they're all cut up to pieces, LOL.
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-26, 21:39   Link #47
darkprimus

Whatever you want to say about Freedom's speed being relative to the slow movement of the other grunts, S-F moved at blur-speed in ep. 39 when it appeared. In that particular scene there were no other suits for comparison, it was just S-F and the camera, which one can take to be a stational observer at that time, just swinging on an axis to keep up with the MS. That being said, I'm leaning towards V2 being the fastest, but witholding my final decision until I get to see Stargazer's and Delta Astray's performance.

Almost forgot to add, whene referencing speed in space, you can't take anything that takes place after the unit in question has been in space for a long time as a measurement. Since there isn't any friction in space the speed will just keep building and is more reflective of cruising acceleration than anything else, not the sheer raw speed of the MS/MA in question.
darkprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-28, 05:42   Link #48
Lonely

F-91 And Destiny
Lonely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-28, 06:05   Link #49
nightbringer360

Why do you say F-91 when it was most certainly clear that the V2 was the fastest MS developed in the UC timeline?

I mean honestly, the V2 has a battle-ship class drive mounted on a small mobile suit.
nightbringer360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-28, 11:05   Link #50
rpgman1

Have to agree with V2 being the fastest gundam ever. Don't know about the others but combat speed is a different matter if engaged in battle against other targets.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-02, 15:58   Link #51
drgntig
i'm psychic.god says hi.

the fastest gundam has to be.............

I don't know if you all have seen gundam wing.But i say the fastest gundam has to be death syite. Thats it because he was meant for stealth and quick kills. So if you guys are douting i want you to tell me why he sucks.
drgntig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-02, 16:08   Link #52
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Deathscythe ? Come on, that cant be serious. Tallgeese is the fastest thing in Wing, clearly shown. Maybe Epyon can match it, but no way is Deathscythe the fastest. It seemed pretty standard to me, it never showed to have great speed. I dont even know how you came to that conclusion

V2 >>>>>>> Deathscythe in speed, come on, its pretty obvious. Its like comparing IJ and SF and arguing which can spam more beams and which is better at melee
Old 2006-08-03, 00:37   Link #53
4Tran

Skyfall, I wouldn't blame drgntig too much. Lots of people haven't seen Victory Gundam, so they wouldn't really know too much about V2. Actually, since Uso never pilots V2 at anywhere near 20g acceleration, it's quite possible for even those who watched the show to be ignorant of it's rated acceleration.

Of course, the logic that '"designed to be fast and stealthy" = fastest' is fallacious, but that's an altogether different matter.
Old 2006-08-03, 01:08   Link #54
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

That might be true, but victory aside - even if you have only watched wing you can clearly see that Tallgeese is the fastest thing there. I man, it basicly screams "im teh speedz0r" each time it takes flight. Especially shown for the first times when Zechs pilots it - he almost dies because he cant take the speed
Old 2006-08-03, 03:55   Link #55
Barry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz
that reminds me...anyone remember SWAT Cats? :P there jet, when modified in one episode...was able to go into outer space
Yep the Turbo Kat's sub oribital mode in episode 16 was pretty impressive. I still have the DVD rips of both seasons too, I watch them every now and then. Sure brings back alot of memories.
Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 04:47   Link #56
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Uh, won't an object in space continue to accelerate at constant rate unless counteracted by an opposite force?

Oh wait, it's anime.
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 05:01   Link #57
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgethis_sg
Uh, won't an object in space continue to accelerate at constant rate unless counteracted by an opposite force?

Oh wait, it's anime.
Yes, the object will continue accelerating, but not constant in this case because the thrust is variable.

And even if the mechs can accelerate near infinitely, the rate of acceleration is different for each mechs.

Take V2, with an acceleration of 20Gs, compared to 0.59Gs of a Zaku II, V2 is like hundreds or thousands of times faster than the Zaku II.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 15:40   Link #58
amc

Z-Gok!!!!!

Im just kidding, personnaly Id have to go with Freedom = Raw Thrust and menuverability.
amc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 17:31   Link #59
SWPIGWANG

I think speed is mentally boosted whenever pilots need to evade whatever....

*if you use aim point calculate and calculate acceleration, things blow up...nuff said*

I belive screen cap calculation have resulted in 100+G acceleration before.... (for a few frames)
SWPIGWANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 17:39   Link #60
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Sei Gundam considering it's size.

If you see it's beam saber attack animation in GGF GG Portabale, the armour grows red hot when it accelarates to execute it's attack. And there's a comment by a EF Officer saying that all they can see is a blue light (from it's I-Field) as the Sei attacks an EF Base in the novel.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote