AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 88 62.41%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 37 26.24%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 6.38%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 2.84%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.42%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.71%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-08, 23:07   Link #141
Deathwing
what do i know

i have never laughed so hard at the lucky channel that guy just went ballistic
10/10 just for that
Old 2007-09-08, 23:28   Link #142
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

I've been sick and slammed with work... I hope to have the ref notes out soon.. for those of you who read it, sorry about the delay.
Old 2007-09-09, 10:25   Link #143
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
I've been sick and slammed with work... I hope to have the ref notes out soon.. for those of you who read it, sorry about the delay.

I'm looking forward to it, we all love those reports. And please don't think we haven't been waiting for it because we haven't asked for it... we've been following the proper decorum of silently waiting for something which is given to us for free.

However, I will go dance like a monkey in anticipation.... ooo ooo ooo eee eee eee

-k

curious
Old 2007-09-09, 11:16   Link #144
Claymore_Obsessed

Quote:
welcome back and thanks (in anticipation) for your hard work! ^^
Old 2007-09-09, 18:30   Link #145
truehappiness

Quote:
It's a Kinki Area only Mucha-flavored Giant Pocky. You can buy regular Giant Pocky in your neighborhood Japanese supermarket.
It looked like Konata pulled out quite a few other things for her to buy as well o_O~

One of them looks like some sort of ramen or something XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore_Obsessed View Post
I think I know this one.
Well, it's a reference to a REALLY hard 80's game called Gradius

One of these powerups is called "option". An "option" is basically a ghost spaceship who follows your trail and shoots when you do so, thus multiplying your firepower.

In Konata's fantasy, Budda's nose is the main spaceship the player controls, and all those round decorations around are the "options"
In my eyes, it looked more like she was pointing to Buddha in general and the mini-Buddhas were equivalent to the Options. XD

UNSPEAKABLE
Old 2007-09-10, 18:55   Link #146
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Forget what happened in the ep Lucky channel was just win...(i cant believe im saying this tbh ) - Well at least shiraishi gained some points for pulling off that stunt ~ you go!!
oki actually the other thing that stuck was kagami's "O.O" reaction to that guy's retarded request XD

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-09-15, 08:52   Link #147
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
Why was that 'comedian' on the bus sat on his own in the middle of the aisle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
While watching the raw I didn't pay close enough attention to know that they went to Kyoto, but after enough scenes went by, I figured it out because that's where Negi Springfield took his class in the first Negima! series!
When it came to that love stone-thing I suddenly remembered the frogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana View Post
Yeah, why does the Japaneses put "Nobil" "Yotota" and "Rindows" ><? I think is becouse of copyright but I'm not sure.
I believe partly to avoid free promotion or the possibility of being sued or whatnot, and at least partly out of tradition/humour.
http://anime.thenexxus.org/prodmis/

Quote:
the D: Drive in a Windows computer is usually the CD/DVD drive. Since they're not pasokon-otas, it's unlikely they have more than one HD or knows how to re-partition their C:. That means Konata is counting on the fact that her jiji would be too embarassed to check out what's in Kona's D DRIVE.... ho ho ho... But I'm probably sure that her dad DOES indeed check her pasokon and is most likely crying with joy at the amount of eroge Kona plays.
I should think them savvy enough to have more than one drive/partition, they may even have a computer with seperate app and data drives which is popular with the more 'extreme' flavour of PC. THe second volume would default to d:, pushing any removable media up to a higher letter. And her dad known exaclt what eroge she has since they share games and, until she turned 18, he even bought them for her.
Old 2007-10-01, 21:18   Link #148
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
a.f.k. LIVES!!!

Episode 21 is out!
Old 2007-10-02, 06:42   Link #149
GriS

what is this?!! konata transforming into someone i don't know

Old 2007-10-02, 09:14   Link #150
Nuke Mayhem
Shopping Hero 4ever

Send a message via AIM to Nuke Mayhem Send a message via Yahoo to Nuke Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by GriS View Post

lol I was about to post that. I think she transformed into a drama-anime version of herself to give the guy a reason to keep running.
Old 2007-10-02, 10:22   Link #151
Crisu
ISML Kaichō
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
a.f.k. LIVES!!!

Episode 21 is out!
Indeed, indeed. o.o

Makes me wonder now if I should keep my Guerrand files or replace them with a.f.k. to maintain consistency with the first 20 eps. Guerrand has improved their subbing quality a lot in these last episodes. And I've always preferred more translator notes and less generalization.

Back for the first 15-20 eps, a.f.k. was the dominant group because of their consistency. And I accepted that they subbed for a "general audience." This forum has had all these discussions already earlier in the series. But now that a worthy rival group has surfaced, I can't decide. ^^;
Old 2007-10-02, 12:01   Link #152
Calawain
Gaijin

Keep both and watch both
Old 2007-10-02, 18:08   Link #153
Traece
:cool:

I don't know which was funnier, the bus laughter, Kagami's disappointment, Kuroi's despair, or the rage dump at the very end! :P
Oh and... Welcome to Idaho! :O (Cause we're better than the other 49. <_<)
Old 2007-10-03, 23:17   Link #154
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GriS View Post

A split second before that: ***tel, or Maetel:

This is who she is:
Old 2007-10-11, 08:15   Link #155
MaxwellDemon
"Bi?!" BI?!
*Graphic Designer

Personally, I feel like this episode was more centered in how Konata is actually sensitive to how Kagami feels, which many viewers can possibly be oblivious to (other than the Haruhi concert scene, which shows how much Kagami cares for Konata). Of course, I could be biased because I am a huge KagamixKonata fan.

But I think while the entire love letter scene had a lot of built up and in short-term, it did end up looking like a gag by KyoAni, I do however sincerely believe the entire scene was more a built up to the purikura in the end.
Old 2008-03-20, 11:43   Link #156
Dee Eon

Ep 21: The Trip To Kyoto. Why Don't They Enter "The Holy Place"??

Hi All!

One wonders why didn't the quad enter KyotoAnimation while they were there? Why didn't KA offer us a "sneak peek" of their artists at work as a Powerpuff Girls Z episode had done? Is it because it's forbidden for amineians to trespass the spring of their creation? (like that old old SF movie "She"?) Would they go "pouf" in a cloud of pixie dust if they attempted to glimpse the face of God? Hmm....

Dee
Old 2010-05-13, 23:15   Link #157
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

Better late than never, but...

Did anyone else really dislike the deer scene with Tsukasa? Ordinarily I'm a fan of bad-taste humor like that, but this episode was a crowning moment of heartwarming for Kagami (and Lucky Star is usually a BIT more highbrow anyway), so a scene with deer attacking and POOPING on Tsukasa just seems really out of place. It's almost like someone farting during a wedding. (I told you I'm a fan of bad-taste humor, but there's a time and a place.)

In short, yes, this was one of the show's high-water marks but for that scene, which seems almost like something from one of Family Guy's trashier episodes.
Old 2010-08-25, 09:55   Link #158
keroro gunsou

kagamin soooo cute !! in this epi

she is the best tsundere girl
Closed Thread