AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2010-11-19, 11:04   Link #901
Claude~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orophin View Post
Here's an installer that will do everything for you: Clannad English Patch

Kudos to rinoaa52r for making it.
Hello again,

I uninstalled Clannad because I went off to school for awhile, but during winter break I will want to play it again. I no longer have the translation patch, and noticed that this link does not work anymore. Does anyone have a new link to the installer?
Claude~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-21, 18:54   Link #902
TheRealTRXD
Not making an impression

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude~ View Post
Hello again,

I uninstalled Clannad because I went off to school for awhile, but during winter break I will want to play it again. I no longer have the translation patch, and noticed that this link does not work anymore. Does anyone have a new link to the installer?
A quick google search gives you it

Link
TheRealTRXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 12:39   Link #903
Claude~

Thanks, I had actually been hoping someone had another installer that could do the work for me but I was able to figure it out using the files on there so I got it working.
Claude~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 10:26   Link #904
dashkid

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhaus View Post
Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any info about Clannad FV with rlvm on mac:

I decided to install the Full Voice on a friend's computer so I could transfer it. The install went fine, most recent Seen.txt update and menu patch all OK, and I ended up with a perfectly working Windows install with English txt. So I transfer the file directory whole to my external HDD and put it on my macbook, use most recent rvlm, and everything appears to work. I get to the point in the prologue when Okazaki looks at the sky and the KEY logo shows up, then Nagisa sighs, then it freezes. Music continues, but it stays looking at the sky, and I become unable to click anywhere to save or load or get to the menu. Does anyone have any idea what I might be able to do?

Thanks!
I keep having this same issue,
could anybody help me? :/
dashkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 12:40   Link #905
Slayer91

Unhappy

yO,
People I desperately need your help! For few last days I keep reading posts here and didn't found a solution.
I have Clannad Voice Patch version. Of course there is a problem with Fuuko route - game freezes when Tomoya&Nagisa declare to help her. So i downloaded lots of good seen files but there were lots of problems. First the screen turn black and only a flower that means to do choices was visible. Then when I updated the seen/RealLive or both files there was only "Error: cannot translate the text" message in boxes. Now when I thought that I finally patched the game correctly with reinstallation of the game, then the Voice Pack and the PatchVP_r30 that I've found in this forum the new problem appeared displayed in the picture below:

This error is displayed even when I have newest SEEN for VP (r46).

So my question is how to patch Clannad to the version where every route is translated and everything is ok (everything I need is text - I am not interested in English menu or voices). Please people help me with this task couse this is really important for me
Slayer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 23:29   Link #906
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

dashkid, I have no experience with rlvm, sorry.

Slayer91, I'm on the Full Voice version so I might be stabbing in the dark, but try also updating rlBabel.dll, ?.?.?.?.map (the "?"s should be numbers that match your version of reallive.exe), gameexe.ini and reallive.exe.manifest
Polarem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 08:41   Link #907
Slayer91

THX but I made it somehow (course Okazaki-san irritating bug is in game ehhh). Could someone explain me the difference between VP and FV versions?
Actually I'm downloadin' the FV version but I'm afraid if there are English voices (i REALLY hate this couse I really like voices from original Clannad - please tell me that I'm wrong ).
Slayer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 09:23   Link #908
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

There is no English dub for the game o_O;

It hasn't been released in America like...ever.
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 12:32   Link #909
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

Like Khu said, you have nothing to fear. ;-) No English voices exist for the Clannad visual novel.

The original 2004 version of Clannad for PC had no voices. The 2006 PS2 version was voiced, and these voice files were used (by fans) to create the "Voice Patch" that modifies the original PC version. Then, in 2008, the "Full Voice" version for PC was released (by KEY), which had voices plus new artwork.

If you know how to use rlDev and SVN, you could compile the SEEN.txt yourself from the latest translations, which is free of the Okazaki-san bug, I believe. It also features improved translations, the ability to "return to previous selection", and voice playback of previous dialogue.
Old 2010-12-26, 00:45   Link #910
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

Actually... is there any reason you're sticking with r30? r46 is available for the Voice Patch version at http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...10#post2450110

For Full Voice you can find r78 at http://www.assembla.com/spaces/clannad/documents
Old 2011-01-04, 22:23   Link #911
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Hey hey, might wanna edit that.

or you get owned by mods :/

No illegal stuff here.
Old 2011-01-04, 22:38   Link #912
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
Hey hey, might wanna edit that.

or you get owned by mods :/

No illegal stuff here.
Yep, you will be enacting the wrath of rule 1.1 the part where it says.

Quote:
Illegal copies of software (e.g. ROMs, ISOs, "warez", etc.)
Is not allowed on this forum.
Old 2011-01-19, 16:46   Link #913
Xcandescent

Status?

Just got Clannad FV up and running on WinXP last night, after a few days of wrestling with OCaml and compiling the latest (test?) version (r94?) from SVN. For the record, the rldev toolchain is nearly impossible to build, and seems to require a 32-bit version of WinXP with Cygwin, and OCaml native-code support. (There seem to be problems with compiling the assembly code for OCaml 3.09 on 64-bit platforms, which is where the 32-bit OS comes in.) GODI flat out won't build OCaml 3.09 on Snow Leopard or Cygwin on XP (haven't tried Linux), so all the rldev dependencies have to be built manually (joy!)

I have a few questions about the status of the project:

1.) When was the last time someone associated with the project posted here? evilr00t/Shizuka (I assume they're the same person) last posted in July of 2009. That was also the last time a test SEEN.txt build was posted (r78). There's a "keksmeister" who's been working on a new branch in the SVN, but I don't think that person's posted here (and the branch hasn't updated since October 2010). That's discouraging.

2.) There's glacial movement on the Wiki. If there's any editing/proofreading happening, it ain't obvious. The last major change was that Polarem posted strings from graphics files that need to be translated, which include the untranslated text during the hill-climbing sequence at the beginning. I'm guessing translation and bitmap edits need to happen here, as separate processes? (I'm assuming any scanlator with a working knowledge of vaconv could make their own test fixes for this.) This and "Image-based text (baseball, system, menu)" seem to be the last untranslated parts, as far as I can tell.

3.) It looks like the kepago strings are fully translated -- at least the ones marked as actually used in-game. keksmeister's branch has a Python script to incorporate the fixes into a build; I guess I'll know if it works when I get the chance to (finally) play the game.

4.) There are allegedly fully-translated menus (NOT Eversynth's) in an internal build somewhere. I don't see them in the SVN, and the untranslated strings (+ instructions for incorporating into a build) haven't been posted either.

5.) There also exist internal scripts to sync SVN with Wiki -- again, not released. (I don't count mDuo13's "scraper.py" script, since he insists that it's buggy, and strips out bold and italic codes ... making it not much more useful than a manual copypasta of the wiki.) There IS a script that syncs the Wiki with SVN, but I'm guessing that was done out of necessity, because someone made a bunch of changes in SVN without changing the Wiki (whoops).

Have I got all that right?

I'd like to see someone on the team post a Wiki to SVN sync script, and test translations for the remaining menus not done by Eversynth. It would also be nice to get a clarification on what's left to translate. Actually, it would be nice to see ANY signs of life from the leads on this project, because it looks and smells abandoned to me, and that's really discouraging.

-XCN-
Xcandescent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-19, 19:11   Link #914
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcandescent View Post
GODI flat out won't build OCaml 3.09 on Snow Leopard or Cygwin on XP (haven't tried Linux), so all the rldev dependencies have to be built manually (joy!)
Yep... I'm sure I gained some grey hairs from the frustration of trying to build OCaml and rldev. In the end I set up a new Ubuntu virtual machine just for this purpose, as I don't like introducing libraries into a system without a package manager for easy uninstallation.

Quote:
1.) When was the last time someone associated with the project posted here? evilr00t/Shizuka (I assume they're the same person) last posted in July of 2009.
2009 sounds right for AnimeSuki; the last core-team post on the wiki talk page was in 2008. I tried IRC recently; Velocity7 and Shizuka seem perpetually logged in but I haven't seen them post. The few people who answered my queries weren't sure where to find them.

The last resort would be to leave a message on Velocity7's blog.

Quote:
2.) There's glacial movement on the Wiki. If there's any editing/proofreading happening, it ain't obvious.
Since November 2010, there has been 1 person doing glacial editing/proofreading, and 2 people popping by the talk page to ask questions.

Quote:
I'm guessing translation and bitmap edits need to happen here, as separate processes? (I'm assuming any scanlator with a working knowledge of vaconv could make their own test fixes for this.) This and "Image-based text (baseball, system, menu)" seem to be the last untranslated parts, as far as I can tell.
Yes, the only texts that still really need translation (as far as I know) are those locked in image files, which include some story text but are mostly menu text, system text (credits, legal stuff + notifications), and baseball stats + scoreboard. If what you said in (4) is true, then there's less translating required.

Translating and bitmap editing can indeed be done separately; I was going to ask around for translators after I upload the system, menu, and baseball text onto the wiki (I can Photoshop, but can't translate anything complex)

Quote:
3.) It looks like the kepago strings are fully translated -- at least the ones marked as actually used in-game. keksmeister's branch has a Python script to incorporate the fixes into a build; I guess I'll know if it works when I get the chance to (finally) play the game.
It works The "Whump!"s need spaces after each "!" though (You'll see them lots if you follow Sunohara as he bugs Tomoyo)

Quote:
4.) There are allegedly fully-translated menus (NOT Eversynth's) in an internal build somewhere. I don't see them in the SVN, and the untranslated strings (+ instructions for incorporating into a build) haven't been posted either.
I'll get those onto the wiki later today. It might be easier to re-do them than to hunt for them.

The process for incorporating them is:
i) Use vaconv to convert .g00 --> .png
ii) Paint translated text into .png
iii) Use vaconv to convert .png --> .g00
iv) Replace relevant .g00 files in your [Clannad_FV]/g00/ directory

Quote:
5.) .... someone made a bunch of changes in SVN without changing the Wiki (whoops).
I've manually merged all the SVN changes into the Wiki (see talk page for more details). Corollary: If you want the most up-to-date edits for your game, build your SEEN.TXT from the Wiki files instead of the SVN.

Quote:
I'd like to see someone on the team post a Wiki to SVN sync script, and test translations for the remaining menus not done by Eversynth. It would also be nice to get a clarification on what's left to translate. Actually, it would be nice to see ANY signs of life from the leads on this project, because it looks and smells abandoned to me, and that's really discouraging.
I wouldn't bother with sync scripts until we manage to get in touch with a core-team member, as I don't have SVN write access. See above for menu/translation progress.

The project has stopped and started a few times before, so don't get too discouraged just yet!
Old 2011-01-20, 10:28   Link #915
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

Ok, most image texts have been uploaded (I've left out the baseball scores and credits -- I'll do those myself). They're at
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...xt_%28Story%29
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...t_%28System%29

Any translation help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by Polarem; 2011-01-20 at 10:28. Reason: typo
Old 2011-01-20, 17:04   Link #916
Xcandescent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarem View Post
Yes, the only texts that still really need translation (as far as I know) are those locked in image files, which include some story text but are mostly menu text, system text (credits, legal stuff + notifications), and baseball stats + scoreboard. If what you said in (4) is true, then there's less translating required.
I think it's was velocity7 who said it in this thread, but it was a few years ago, and it was (to my knowledge) never released anywhere.

Quote:
It works The "Whump!"s need spaces after each "!" though (You'll see them lots if you follow Sunohara as he bugs Tomoyo)
So I need to add spaces at the end of each line, and rebuild? OK.

Quote:
I'll get those onto the wiki later today. It might be easier to re-do them than to hunt for them.
OK, looks like those are up now. Unless the core-team plans on publically releasing the menus Eversynth hasn't already done, re-doing those is the only option. There's also the issue of translating the Windows dialog boxes; there's at least a Font dialog and a Movie dialog accessible from the Config menu, and there may be others. I'm guessing that'll involve having to patch the executable (and that's well out of my league).

Quote:
I've manually merged all the SVN changes into the Wiki (see talk page for more details). Corollary: If you want the most up-to-date edits for your game, build your SEEN.TXT from the Wiki files instead of the SVN.

I wouldn't bother with sync scripts until we manage to get in touch with a core-team member, as I don't have SVN write access.
The issue is less updating the SVN, than keeping my own files up-to-date. We know core team has their own scripts, so any issues with the SVN being out-of-date is their responsibility. I just don't like the idea of having to manually copy/paste tons of files out of the Wiki for updates (and the history/revisions logs seem to only be accessible by clicking on each file). I don't know if that scraper script can be hacked to worked properly either (since I don't know Python).

Also, it's unclear to me how people have been editing files in the SVN, if you can't even get write access now. Did they change that? There seems to have been at least one major incident where a person (Kinny Riddle) edited a bunch of files in SVN, and the core team had to write a script to resync the changes to the wiki (see the "wiki-merge" branch).

Quote:
The project has stopped and started a few times before, so don't get too discouraged just yet!
Well, it's good to know someone's still trying to finish this thing. I mean, most people would be fine with just a finished rough translation (as evidenced by all the people who have played on earlier builds), and this project is so close to that point that it's absolutely maddening.

I can't translate, but I'll see if I can persuade some Japanese-speaking friends into possibly helping out.

-XCN-
Old 2011-01-20, 17:09   Link #917
Xcandescent

Quote:
Yep... I'm sure I gained some grey hairs from the frustration of trying to build OCaml and rldev. In the end I set up a new Ubuntu virtual machine just for this purpose, as I don't like introducing libraries into a system without a package manager for easy uninstallation.
Out of morbid curiosity: did you use a 32-bit kernel? Because it would be nice to have another point of data regarding OCaml 3.09's native-code compiler and 64-bit kernels. (I couldn't get anything earlier than 3.11 to build on Snow Leopard ... and there were major changes in the pre-processor and the language that made 3.09 code incompatible.)

-XCN-

Last edited by Xcandescent; 2011-01-20 at 17:13. Reason: Overgeneralization bad; rephrasing.
Old 2011-01-21, 04:36   Link #918
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcandescent View Post
So I need to add spaces at the end of each line, and rebuild? OK.
The Python script needs to be changed (I don't know how)... Currently, any spaces we add to to the end of a line in kepago_translations.txt will be stripped.

It does compile as-is though... you'll just see lots of missing spaces whenever Sunohara gets kicked around by Tomoyo.

Quote:
I'm guessing that'll involve having to patch the executable (and that's well out of my league).
Yes, those are embedded into RealLive.exe. Reshack can be used to view and edit them. I haven't tried it yet though.

Quote:
I just don't like the idea of having to manually copy/paste tons of files out of the Wiki for updates (and the history/revisions logs seem to only be accessible by clicking on each file).
If you're happy to install the Qt SDK and PM me your email address, I'll send you the source code for the program I wrote to grab the Wiki pages. Or, I can send you the binaries for Windows if you don't want the SDK (it's 32-bit, but should run under 64-bit Windows)[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Out of morbid curiosity: did you use a 32-bit kernel?
No... all my environments are 32-bit, sorry.

Quote:
Also, it's unclear to me how people have been editing files in the SVN, if you can't even get write access now. Did they change that? There seems to have been at least one major incident where a person (Kinny Riddle) edited a bunch of files in SVN, and the core team had to write a script to resync the changes to the wiki (see the "wiki-merge" branch).
SVN has always been core-team only, I believe. There was a bit of confusion in the beginning about whether the Wiki or SVN should be the "main" editing grounds. It was eventually decided that all work is to be done on the Wiki, with changes pulled into SVN periodically.

Yea, I saw the de-sync incident. It was a shame, since his changes were great! Oh, did they have a script hat could tell which lines to keep? I compared them manually and imported them into the Wiki. Looking back now... I must be crazy.

Quote:
Well, it's good to know someone's still trying to finish this thing. I mean, most people would be fine with just a finished rough translation (as evidenced by all the people who have played on earlier builds), and this project is so close to that point that it's absolutely maddening.

I can't translate, but I'll see if I can persuade some Japanese-speaking friends into possibly helping out.
Hehe, I hear ya! I thought Clannad is too good a story to be told with a mediocre presentation. Some of the graphical text is crucial to the story too, like...
Spoiler for important story bit:

It'll be great if you can find Jap-speakers to pitch in; I've been unsuccessful so far Feel free to pick a SEEN and proofread, too.
Old 2011-01-21, 04:53   Link #919
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Wow, this thread has become the home for the team.

CARRY ON, GOOD SIRS.
Old 2011-01-21, 05:03   Link #920
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
CARRY ON, GOOD SIRS.
That's the plan! Would be better if we can get hold of the core team though; anyone know where to find them?

Tags
bishoujo, game patch, key, pc game, translation