Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-12, 03:20   Link #61
game2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
I was aware of that. Did I make any indication I was replying to that picture of Wesker?

The cigars make him look more like Duke to me.~

Even more supportive evidence of Big Mom's crew being based on the Lewis Carroll tale eh? Seems to be a popular theory. I s'pose only time will tell.~
I thought you were, but now that I looked at your post again... You're not... Sorry...
Old 2012-01-12, 05:45   Link #62
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
You say that like it is a bad thing. I am eagerly awaiting the return of DoFlamingo, the hippiest cat (with the best fashion sense) on the Grand Line
Oh, not at all. I can't wait for his return as well, and I'd love it if he were the one who managed to acquire this highly sensitive information about Shirahoshi. That would make him an even bigger threat than he already is.
Old 2012-01-12, 09:24   Link #63
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Study physics and dedicate my life to built a time machine then go back in time and save Oda.
El, Psy, Congroo mi amigo.
Old 2012-01-12, 10:32   Link #64
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
She does. If you might recall from the beginning, the one thing she feels most strongly about is how all of the worlds greatest swords are in the hands of pirates and bounty hunters. Her dream, is to take back the world's greatest swords so that they can no longer be used by evil men. This would undoubtedly include Mihawk.

And not to mention that Smoker definitely wouldn't approve of junior seeking help from a pirate. He even specifically told her during the Alabasta arc that he hated the Shichibukai.

BTW, now that we've seen VA Smoker, I wonder if that means we'll soon see VA Hina, as well (along with a promoted Jango/Fullbody duo)...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
I doubt Smoker's become stronger as compared to Luffy. I never liked his character much before, Doubt he has changed.

He should undoubtedly be a lot stronger by now. We already learned shortly before the skip that ALL VAs are capable of using haki, so I don't see why this should exclude Smoker (and frankly, he could use a little more variety in his fighting style).

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
That bomb plot coming out of nowhere....

I means seriously? Are those guards retard or what?

What's so far-fetched about it? It's not like Hody held onto the tamatebako after he stole it the first time (we even saw him telling Zeo to mass-produce the pills in that flashback). I mean, sure the bomb may seem to be a somewhat extreme security measure, but it's still supposed to be a sacred royal treasure, after all.....

But ironically, such a trap probably wouldn't have worked on Caribou, anyhow. So it's mighty unfortunate that Luffy gave it away to Pekoms and Eggman Tamago....

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
You say that like it is a bad thing. I am eagerly awaiting the return of DoFlamingo, the hippiest cat (with the best fashion sense) on the Grand Line

Yeah, me too. But I'm looking forward to Buggy the warlord the most!
Old 2012-01-12, 10:58   Link #65
kakakka

Smoker have a scar (under) his left eye. I guess that what the shades are for
Old 2012-01-12, 11:24   Link #66
Jouten

Omg this chapter was sooo epic.
>Jinbei seriously considering to join Luffy's crew
>Luffy sending Big Mom a Bomb
>Tashigi is now captain
>Smoker is now VICE ADMIRAL

I can't wait for the New world! And I just KNOW Smoker is going to be the next Admiral
Old 2012-01-12, 13:38   Link #67
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Luffy openly said he would destroy an island for meat...and not a single damn was given...
Old 2012-01-12, 13:44   Link #68
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Luffy openly said he would destroy an island for meat...and not a single damn was given...
Lol,that's right
Old 2012-01-12, 13:58   Link #69
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

This was a great chapter just cause we got it after a couple of weeks without but then for me I get the added bonus of new look Tashigi!

So nice tid bits of info, like Sun Pirates under Bog Mom's protection and such.

And some good old OP humor in regards to Nami and teasure
Never would have thought I'd still find it amsuing after all this time but I do, altho I'll always have this spot for Nami and whatever she does

Good to know that the 2 dudes of BM's crew are strong since they seem to be the only 2 there.
Old 2012-01-12, 15:13   Link #70
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
King Neptune using the Straw Hats flag does not seem like a good Idea for now. There are way to many people out to get them. They could be inviting more problems then solving.

Considering that Big Mom was prepared to wreck the island just because Luffy ate her candy, placing the place under his protection seems the wisest choice for the moment (at least if you don't count the island destruction prophecy). And besides, his crew gathered enough infamy before the skip to give their symbolic flag a strong enough impact, methinks.

BTW, considering how active you tend to be in the strength arguments, I'm actually a bit surprised you haven't commented on Pekoms' display of power so far. I kind of expected you to start comparing his strength to the monster trio or something!
Old 2012-01-12, 19:26   Link #71
Homura7

Btw, you know what Luffy has just done?

By sending Big Mom the Tamatebako, Gyojin Island fate is sealed, its destruction is now inevitable.
Old 2012-01-12, 20:53   Link #72
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Considering that Big Mom was prepared to wreck the island just because Luffy ate her candy, placing the place under his protection seems the wisest choice for the moment (at least if you don't count the island destruction prophecy). And besides, his crew gathered enough infamy before the skip to give their symbolic flag a strong enough impact, methinks.

BTW, considering how active you tend to be in the strength arguments, I'm actually a bit surprised you haven't commented on Pekoms' display of power so far. I kind of expected you to start comparing his strength to the monster trio or something!
Strength but none of the respect or fear
They do not have the respect the Yonkous have. Caribu was willing to attack the Straw hats and he knew them. If it was White Beard instead of the Straw hats, Caribu probably would have steered clear. The straw hats have fame and infamy, but none of the respect or fear White Beard, Big Mamma, or Shanks commanded. There name alone was enough to end a war and declare Islands protected. People don't respect the Straw Hats the way they respect White Beard, Shanks, Big Mamma, or any Yonkou.

Devil Fruit inflation
Actually I have thought about Pekoms. I have come to my own thoughts. Most Devil Fruit powers loose there value the higher you go in the One piece Universe. Pekoms combo with his Zoan and Haki was a good demonstration. Most of what oda has shown us besides Kizaru vs. Rayliegh, Marineford War, logue town have been about devil fruit. Displaying there powers and how the characters use them. The New World will be a whole different battle all together. People like Moria, Croc, and many others who only relied on there powers lost big time. Sometimes I wonder how far some of Luffy's enemies made it into the New World without Haki.

For Pekoms I don't know where he stands. His use of Zoan and Haki combo was nice but I don't know enough about him. Trashing Caribu is good but its not enough to determine things. The the Monster Trio and most of the other characters at least had history and big fights to measure and compare. We don't even know the full extent of the Monster Trio. But haki will be the norm for most battles now.
Old 2012-01-12, 23:22   Link #73
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
El, Psy, Congroo mi amigo.
hououin kyouma, is that you?

a text message and a microwave would do, no need for a time machine.
Old 2012-01-13, 09:26   Link #74
Undertaker

Or a flux capacitor and a car.

But to Bonta Kun's point, I do find that Sun Pirates(whats' left of them anyway) working under Big Mom to be fairly interesting.
Old 2012-01-13, 11:07   Link #75
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
Btw, you know what Luffy has just done?

By sending Big Mom the Tamatebako, Gyojin Island fate is sealed, its destruction is now inevitable.

Charlotte already decided to make Luffy the target if her wrath, though. And remember, he willingly gave her the treasure, so she'll undoubtedly hold him responsible for that extra surprise, not the island.
Old 2012-01-13, 11:16   Link #76
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Charlotte already decided to make Luffy the target if her wrath, though. And remember, he willingly gave her the treasure, so she'll undoubtedly hold him responsible for that extra surprise, not the island.
Yeah I know that. What I meant is that the bomb might increase Big Mom's grudge against Luffy to the point she won't wait anymore and send her troops to finish him off.

Because you know, there's still the issue of how the island is gonna be destroyed and why Luffy will be the only culprit of such disaster. After avoiding its destruction twice (one with the Noah, and the other with Big Mom), now I'm certain Shirley's vision will happen very soon. But why would Luffy do this, I don't know, and certainly, I don't have any clue.
Old 2012-01-13, 13:21   Link #77
Jouten

Question: If Smoker is Vice Admiral, does that mean he knows Haki? Because I thought it was requirement to know Haki to become VA
Old 2012-01-13, 14:42   Link #78
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
The sexual harassment in this chapter was a bit awkward.. lol
Old 2012-01-13, 20:46   Link #79
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
The sexual harassment in this chapter was a bit awkward.. lol
Uh, What sexual harassment are we talking about?
Old 2012-01-13, 20:53   Link #80
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

The constant wooing and ogling of Tashigi from her subordinates? I'm pretty sure that qualifies.

I admit as attractive as she is now, there's a limit to how much you can fawn over someone before it just becomes annoying and/or creepy.