AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-02-29, 15:53   Link #461
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
I think its just detailing the model kit. For example, it seems that the text about the shoulder parts is just saying that they're made from clear parts.

*My Japanese isn't very good so don't take my word for it 100% >_<;;
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 18:34   Link #462
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Was kinda surprised with some of the Zeydra's weapons in episode 20 - the Nadleeh-esque beam bayonet on its beam rifle, and the powerful beam cannon on its chest versus the diffuse beam cannon the earlier Veigan models had. Can anyone translate this scan for me? I'm particularly interested in the gems on its "wings":

You should know by now AGE kits don't provide any mechanical details.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 20:21   Link #463
casval cehack

Wing parts featuring clear parts? Even its revealed on the box, there's no guarantee that it will be used in the show (like G-Exes' side launchers).
Old 2012-03-01, 03:53   Link #464
bio9205
Reborn

...Whoops. This is the first time I'm browsing model kit scans in months, pardon me.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 06:30   Link #465
casval cehack

Still, I'm curious about this particular Vegan's MS propulsion system, aside from the obvious red paint speed bonus. Maybe the wing gems contributes to a higher thrust and specific impulse "purple dust" thrusters.
Old 2012-03-01, 08:36   Link #466
bio9205
Reborn

By the way - is there still hope for a second wear for the AGE-2?
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 08:51   Link #467
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Anything is possible, but it seems unlikely at the moment given how they've revealed the two Wears of AGE-3 and they usually reveal Wears prior to the chapter's start.
Old 2012-03-01, 21:05   Link #468
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Calubin got some bits of the MG AGE-1 manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calubin_175
So far I have only got the fact that the AGE-! utilises some form of plasma regulation technology and the rear spolier look-alike is actually a broad antenna which serves to collect data for the AGE System to analyse.
Aside from that, there doesn't seem to be anything new. Glad to see the spoiler isn't there for the sake of being there and I assume its there for the same reason on the AGE-2 as well. I do wonder what that plasma regulation technology does though, and I wonder if it hints to the type of powerplant that AGE-1 uses?

Because back in Gundam 00, the Flag's Plasma Sword and its Plasma Jet Engines all run off hydrogen fuel stored within its E-Carbon armor (I think I've heard they placed a single hydrogen atom inside each carbon molecule empty space or such and make the whole armor into a less risky fuel tank). In AGE, the only single powerplant confirmed is a hydrogen engine used by the Desperado (and another hydrogen engine used in Flit's motorcycle or such in the novel). But mainly running on the Flag example from 00, I can't wonder whether this slightly makes the case a bit further on most if not the AGE-1 running on a hydrogen engine or hydrogen fuel of some sort?

Of course, the MG could have gotten out of its way to just tell us but nooooooo, they're just playing hard to get.
Old 2012-03-03, 18:20   Link #469
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

What is it with the Veigan's obsession with tails on mobile suits? We've seen now that all of their MS bar the Kronos has them, and chances are the Kronos has them too. Now the two new Generation 3 mobile suits have them...

The Gafran, Zedas, Baqto, Defarse, Dorado, and Zeydra have excuses, given that their extra weapons... but what about the Falsia? It has a small, pointless tail attached to its ass too.
Old 2012-03-03, 18:27   Link #470
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

The Vagan can't be understood.

As Flit would put it.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 21:32   Link #471
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
What is it with the Veigan's obsession with tails on mobile suits? We've seen now that all of their MS bar the Kronos has them, and chances are the Kronos has them too. Now the two new Generation 3 mobile suits have them...

The Gafran, Zedas, Baqto, Defarse, Dorado, and Zeydra have excuses, given that their extra weapons... but what about the Falsia? It has a small, pointless tail attached to its ass too.
The tail also acts as a sword I believe, some HG model pics seem to depict it as such.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2012-03-03 at 21:45.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 03:20   Link #472
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
the Vagans are obsessed with dragons/dinosaur shaped-things?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 04:06   Link #473
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Generation 1: Alien-ish design, transformable to dragons? Are them really aliens?

Generation 2: Oops....they found out the truth, oh well, humanoid type MS!!!

Generation 3: Ummm.....I give up
Old 2012-03-04, 04:39   Link #474
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Well, in Gen 2 they dropped their alternate forms to design them to have better mobility for gravity situation at the sacrifice of their transformable forms, which I think was better for long range traveling. Just mentioning the Dorado HG manual at the top of my head.
Old 2012-03-04, 04:42   Link #475
casval cehack

Wow, it took 25 years to make this...

Spoiler for ep 21:
Old 2012-03-04, 14:43   Link #476
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Do we know why the Veigans don't have seat belts on their mobile suits? I may be late to the party, but it just hit me when I was watching ep 14 the other day. When Flit is kicking Desil's ass he hits him from behind and Desil is thrown against the monitor. I then went back to ep 20 and looked for it and what do you know, Zeheart doesn't use seatbelts either. That is such an idiotic design decision, as pretty much any hard stop or colission could potentially kill the pilot. If AGE followed the laws of physics, Zeheart could've died when he kicked AGE-2 into the asteroid.
Old 2012-03-04, 14:46   Link #477
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It's possible the Veigan mobile suits use the same kind of seat mechanic that Gundam 00's Gundams used.
Old 2012-03-04, 17:53   Link #478
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
Wow, it took 25 years to make this...

Spoiler for ep 21:
Spoiler for Episode 21:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Do we know why the Veigans don't have seat belts on their mobile suits? I may be late to the party, but it just hit me when I was watching ep 14 the other day. When Flit is kicking Desil's ass he hits him from behind and Desil is thrown against the monitor. I then went back to ep 20 and looked for it and what do you know, Zeheart doesn't use seatbelts either. That is such an idiotic design decision, as pretty much any hard stop or colission could potentially kill the pilot. If AGE followed the laws of physics, Zeheart could've died when he kicked AGE-2 into the asteroid.
Going with RD on this one. Its very likely to have a similar design mechanism to 00's mechanism, where the seats don't have seatbelts at all.

In 00, there's two things that keeps the pilot safe. One is the plug at the back of their suits that connects to the seat, and the other is the actual seat that has an advanced mechanism. One of the sourcebooks I recall mention that its designed so that fast movements are held in place while the pilot calmly getting up the seat is easily allowed. In some sense, similar to car seatbelts that let the belt move when there is little force but stops when there is a lot of force exerted. Of course, I don't really think that they're stupid enough to have just an empty seat there. If they did, their pilots would be dead very quickly since the forces acting during the movements of the suits would kill them easily.
Old 2012-03-05, 11:30   Link #479
kakakka

I could see the reason behind Double Bullet this episode: that constant switch between using sabers and beam rifle. I wonder if Asem would use the Haro as support just like Lockon in 00
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 17:39   Link #480
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
I could see the reason behind Double Bullet this episode: that constant switch between using sabers and beam rifle. I wonder if Asem would use the Haro as support just like Lockon in 00
Not only that, but the firing rate relative to the original DODS is pretty slow. Descriptions have mentioned that DB was optimized for fighting many enemies though, so I reckon its going to be used in a one versus many situation.

As for Haro as a support, it would only work if the one in this universe has the specs and the AI to become a contributor, because the Haros of Gundam 00 were really powerful computer-wise despite appearances (and are limited in number). They even do maintenance and rescue missions when connected with those white floating machines (whose name I forgotten and I'm too lazy to check the Wikia or the novel)!!!