AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-03-01, 10:18   Link #1
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Smile Stardew Valley (Harvest Moon-like PC game)

From the official website.
Quote:
Stardew Valley is an open-ended country-life RPG, coming to PC on February 26th, 2016!

You’ve inherited your grandfather’s old farm plot in Stardew Valley. Armed with hand-me-down tools and a few coins, you set out to begin your new life. Can you learn to live off the land and turn these overgrown fields into a thriving home? It won’t be easy. Ever since Joja Corporation came to town, the old ways of life have all but disappeared. The community center, once the town’s most vibrant hub of activity, now lies in shambles. But the valley seems full of opportunity. With a little dedication, you might just be the one to restore Stardew Valley to greatness!

Features

Turn your overgrown field into a lively farm! Raise animals, grow crops, start an orchard, craft useful machines, and more! You’ll have plenty of space to create the farm of your dreams.

Improve your skills over time. As you make your way from a struggling greenhorn to a master farmer, you’ll level up in 5 different areas: farming, mining, combat, fishing, and foraging. As you progress, you’ll learn new cooking and crafting recipes, unlock new areas to explore, and customize your skills by choosing from a variety of professions.

Become part of the local community. With over 30 unique characters living in Stardew Valley, you won’t have a problem finding new friends! Each person has their own daily schedule, birthday, unique mini-cutscenes, and new things to say throughout the week and year. As you make friends with them, they will open up to you, ask you for help with their personal troubles, or tell you their secrets! Take part in seasonal festivals such as the luau, haunted maze, and feast of the winter star.

Explore a vast, mysterious cave. As you travel deeper underground, you’ll encounter new and dangerous monsters, powerful weapons, new environments, valuable gemstones, raw materials for crafting and upgrading tools, and mysteries to be uncovered.

Breathe new life into the valley. Since JojaMart opened, the old way of life in Stardew Valley has changed. Much of the town’s infrastructure has fallen into disrepair. Help restore Stardew Valley to it’s former glory by repairing the old community center, or take the alternate route and join forces with Joja Corporation.

Court and marry a partner to share your life on the farm with. There are 10 available bachelors and bachelorettes to woo, each with unique character progression cutscenes. Once married, your partner will live on the farm with you. Who knows, maybe you’ll have kids and start a family?

Spend a relaxing afternoon at one of the local fishing spots. The waters are teeming with seasonal varieties of delicious fish. Craft bait, bobbers, and crab pots to help you in your journey toward catching every fish and becoming a local legend!

Donate artifacts and minerals to the local museum.

Cook delicious meals and craft useful items to help you out. With over 100 cooking and crafting recipes, you’ll have a wide variety of items to create. Some dishes you cook will even give you temporary boosts to skills, running speed, or combat prowess. Craft useful objects like scarecrows, oil makers, furnaces, or even the rare and expensive crystalarium.

Customize the appearance of your character and house. With hundreds of decorative items to choose from, you’ll have no trouble creating the home of your dreams!

Over two hours of original music.
As a fan of Harvest Moon for the Playstation, i'm excited there's now a game that's a tribute to the original Harvest Moon on the PC. Right now, i'm on a budget but i will get this game later. Possibly during a discount promo.

You can get it on GOG, Humble Bundle and Steam.

Official website.
Old 2016-03-01, 11:32   Link #2
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Definitely has a very Harvest Moon look and feel to it. Not a bad thing since that game series has been a fun one.

Might pick it up at some point down the road.
Old 2016-03-01, 12:22   Link #3
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Sound like reboot Harvest Moon: Back to Nature with all differences features and upgrades
i am interested with this alternate route, does this mean the player will be a sort bad guy if he join up with Joja company?
and joja sounded like very lazy name ever game by Natsume
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-04, 17:49   Link #4
AnimeFangirl

It's basically a fan version of Harvest Moon. That's not a bad thing. How good are the controls?
Old 2016-03-05, 11:11   Link #5
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Tips For Playing Stardew Valley
Old 2016-03-06, 15:32   Link #6
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFangirl View Post
It's basically a fan version of Harvest Moon. That's not a bad thing. How good are the controls?
Weirdly enough, they're better if you use mouse+kb. Even tho it has Gamepad support, the placement and interacting with objects just doesn't work well with the gamepad with the way the game's made. Facing the tile you want to place the object/seed at does in fact most of the time, nothing, if your cursor isn't pointing at that tile and most of the time it won't be because you don't need the mouse/cursor for usually anything at all. Sometimes when you're trying to talk or interact with something by pressing A, it works fine, regardless of the location of your cursor. Yet sometimes it does absolutely nothing until you drag your cursor to the object/person .. Which mind you, is pretty slow with gamepad.

Placing down seeds is also pain in the ass because the tile you're aiming at isn't highlighted so even if you think you're placing down a seed at spot X, it might appear at place Y .. Really frustrating.

Placing down objects is similarly frustrating because even though with objects the tile is in fact highlighted, you have to find the '' sweet spot '' to actually place it down as it generally won't let you place it down and will show it has '' invalid '' tile with red aura, but then if you move an inch to the correct direction the tile magically changes to an acceptable tile.
Old 2016-03-07, 00:56   Link #7
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Now there are mods for the game.

This has to be my favorite.

Anime Portraits
Old 2016-03-07, 03:55   Link #8
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
A lot of nice mods there. More tempted to jump into the game and using a few of those.

Have to say I definitely approve of and like the anime portraits a bit more than the standard ones.
Old 2016-03-07, 04:23   Link #9
Sacredus

Still don't have this game but I see must install mods are:
1. Anime Portraits - because original portraits was meh.
2. FreezeInside Mod - because Harvest Moon.
And maybe pets and fishing mods

Just fan fact. From SteamSpy:
Stardew Valley - Owners: 266,053
Far Cry Primal - Owners: 102,102
I know first one is much cheaper but that stats look so good
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-07, 17:17   Link #10
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Am I the only one who really wants a movement speed mod? I haven't played Harvest Moon so I don't know how that game plays out, but I have played Rune Factory on my 3DS. The scale of the world is smaller there yes, so maybe that has something to do with it but getting ANYWHERE AT ALL in Stardew Valley feels like it's taking fucking forever. That combined with how fast time passes it's just no good at all.

And yes, I saw the mod for editing how time passes in game. I'd much rather take more movement speed ..

Also the energy system seems really flawed. Just watering your plants each day drains so much of your energy that you won't have any left for any serious exploration of the Mines or anything. Not to mention it takes forever to water everything one by one. Food restores energy, but food is very expensive when your farm is still relatively small.

I don't recall farming being this much of a chore in RF4. RF4 was my first farming game of this type and I really liked it but if this is how it is actually in any other farming game .. sign me out.
Old 2016-05-03, 12:09   Link #11
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Stardew Valley's Future Includes Co-op, More Marriages, And A Console Port
Old 2016-05-07, 18:30   Link #12
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
While trawling the usual suspects, I happened across this article about how this game in particular and how it helped the writer's understanding of their sibling's view of the world; just thought I'd leave that here.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-28, 02:35   Link #13
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

This will please anime fans.

Not only is there a mod to make the character portraits like anime but there's also a mod to genderswap the male Bachelors into females!
Old 2016-11-11, 10:25   Link #14
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Old 2016-11-20, 08:14   Link #15
Jinjer

played this a few months back, it's basically the harvest moon sequel i've always wanted
Jinjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-22, 19:10   Link #16
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Multiplayer update.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2018-07-30, 07:22   Link #17
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Wow this game topic doesn't have 2nd page yet? O_o
Old 2020-04-08, 08:06   Link #18
pixel3

"https://www.pcgamer.com/stardew-valley-mods/
https://gameskeys.net/stardew-valley-list-of-top-mods/

What are your favourite mods?"
pixel3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dating sim, day and night cycle, farming simulator, rpg