AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2013-05-16, 22:52   Link #2521
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Saki and Carmilla's 1st live was a success!

Best girl gets the mech and only cares for fame. I'm okay with that.

There's nothing wrong being a little selfish and having a chip on her shoulder. It just makes her better in my eyes.

You got to be ambitious and stick it to the haters...like that lame, X-Eins. (What an asshat)

I did notice that Saki probably has a thing for girls.

She befriended that glasses chick and probably enjoyed the slapping contest with the president only to seduce her with Haruto's body and then zoom in for a close up of Shouko at the end.

I'm all for yuri route.

All will be forgiven Sunrise if you make it happen.

The fujoshi's will love their Haruto x L-Elf x A-Drei triangle coming real soon.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 23:03   Link #2522
Key Board
Carbon

She's doing it for her own goals, but I feel that it's actually less bout getting fame and more about sticking it up to the idol industry and her parents for rejecting her

And I think that's the keyword "rejection"
This is probably why she relates to vampires and not just because the VVV turns you into a space undead

Vampires are creatures that can not fit in to normal society.

So yeah, I don't think her issues are completely dealt with yet. (wouldn't be drama otherwise)
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 23:09   Link #2523
Cirno
Eye'm the strongest

NSFW
Best handjob
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Cirno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 23:10   Link #2524
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Spoiler for :

My new wallpaper

(I miss Code Geass) (T_T)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
She's doing it for her own goals, but I feel that it's actually less bout getting fame and more about sticking it up to the idol industry and her parents for rejecting her

And I think that's the keyword "rejection"
This is probably why she relates to vampires and not just because the VVV turns you into a space undead

Vampires are creatures that can not fit in to normal society.

So yeah, I don't think her issues are completely dealt with yet. (wouldn't be drama otherwise)
I agree. I just shorten my comments, but you added more to it than I did. lol

I did like how she didn't even hesitate to throw away her humanity for her own goals.

That's what you call taking a leap of faith.

Now she's really famous for a change and puffing her chest proudly. (I approve of the latter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirno View Post
NSFW
Best handjob
lol

It could go the other way with it being a "pinching event" if you know what I mean...

Saki doing such a thing to Carmilla on their 1st date. So scandalous and immoral...the ratings!!!

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2013-05-17 at 00:47.
Old 2013-05-16, 23:31   Link #2525
iCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
Saki and Carmilla's 1st live was a success!

Best girl gets the mech and only cares for fame. I'm okay with that.

There's nothing wrong being a little selfish and having a chip on her shoulder. It just makes her better in my eyes.

You got to be ambitious and stick it to the haters...like that lame, X-Eins. (What an asshat)

I did notice that Saki probably has a thing for girls.

She befriended that glasses chick and probably enjoyed the slapping contest with the president only to seduce her with Haruto's body and then zoom in for a close up of Shouko at the end.

I'm all for yuri route.

All will be forgiven Sunrise if you make it happen.

The fujoshi's will love their Haruto x L-Elf x A-Drei triangle coming real soon.
Birds of a feather...Meaning girls get along better with girls.
Saki definitely "likes"(as a friend) Shouko, since she was the first one out of the whole world/school to cheer for her. If I was in her shoes, I would also like the see the first person to ever cheer me on after I was "rejected" by the world(her parents/mangement)". That is just something special.
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 23:32   Link #2526
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Episode 6

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 23:34   Link #2527
Irenesharda

Quote:
NSFW
Best handjob
Now I am usually the last to see the innuendos and phallic symbols in anything, but even I made that connection when I watched the episode. WTF?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 23:43   Link #2528
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post

She will die ;_; (but not next week)

He will die ;_; (next week)

Old 2013-05-16, 23:43   Link #2529
Xander

I really can't understand the people who dislike Saki after this episode. Or rather, I can sort of understand them but don't agree with their points of view at all.

Seriously, if anything this latest episode improved my opinion of her. I have little or no interest in having her chase after Haruto so this outcome makes everything more interesting in my opinion. Haruto already has an obvious would-be girlfriend in Shoko, at least for the time being, and he'll eventually get someone else if necessary (no prizes for suggesting L-Elf, but I won't criticize that angle either).

I am, in a way, sincerely happy there are other possibilities and, for the record, I also don't hate girls with their own interests and motivations. Not every character I like needs to be a "pure maiden" and, even so, Saki isn't nearly as bad as certain descriptions make her out to be. She's gray rather than black in terms of morality and that appeals to me. Not to mention it looks like Shoko's intervention will probably make her more positive towards dealing with other people from here on out.

But moving on...Valvrave IV didn't get nearly enough screen time for my money. It was still a pretty nice machine in action, while the battle lasted, and I wonder if it'll have other weapons/special attacks that simply didn't come up this time. Looking forward to getting more from the rest of the robots sometime soon.

And oh, we'll finally see the continuation of the greatest unilateral love story in Valvrave next episode and that pleases me.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 23:52   Link #2530
touge-n00b
ZC6 Eishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post

I am, in a way, sincerely happy there are other possibilities and, for the record, I also don't hate girls with their own interests and motivations. Not every character I like needs to be a "pure maiden" and, even so, Saki isn't nearly as bad as certain descriptions make her out to be. She's gray rather than black in terms of morality and that appeals to me. Not to mention it looks like Shoko's intervention will probably make her more positive towards dealing with other people from here on out.

Thank you for putting into words what I could not. I for one like the fact that Saki can actively, if somewhat selfishly, go out and chase a goal. And I've always been more drawn towards the flawed characters with room for improvement. Saki just went way up in my book after episode 6.

And I don't know if we're still doing the Shoko vs Saki thing, but: Saki was out there piloting, while Shoko was back at base "cheering them on". Some prefer the latter, I prefer the former.
touge-n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 23:56   Link #2531
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
NSFW
Best handjob
This anime is going to produce so many good doujins
Old 2013-05-17, 00:00   Link #2532
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
This episode made Saki more interesting and much more well-developed as a character. I can certainly understand people not liking her, but better to be a well-developed polarizing character than an innocuous side-character with hardly any characterization at all.

I'm actually more worried about Haruto, as he came off as a bit lame to me in this episode. The fact he just flatout lied about not kissing Saki (dude, she kissed you, at least give her some credit) was pretty disappointing to me. I can understand him denying the truth from Shouko, but I would have preferred a half-truth defense rather than total lies.

A few things I found intriguing:

1. Saki did quite the job winning over Takahi for Haruto, lol. Saki as a guy is simply James Bond-level smooth, lol. It's kind of fun how Saki is able to fluster both guys (Haruto) and girls (Takahi). Takahi falling so hard for Saki!Haruto also likely means that, contrary to earlier speculations, she's not in a romantic relationship with the blonde-haired dude.

2. This episode had the best and most suspenseful mecha action yet. A huge step up from the curbstomps we've had to date. I hope Valvrave keeps it up.

3. I like how Saki's mecha works. I liked its overall look and style of attack.

4. I wonder if we might get a "true" love triangle in this show. The way Saki looked at Shouko cheering for her at the end of the episode... that definitely impacted my yuri goggles. Saki/Shouko/Haruto as a true love triangle where either two of the three is possible could be pretty interesting.

Oh, and on Senator Moses. He was a fun character, but he probably peaked two episodes ago. It looks like ARUS is already back in the good graces of JIOR and this independent student-state, and Senator Moses might be hard to believe as a protagonist after his actions of two episodes ago, lol. So maybe it's good he's going out on top. And honestly, its good to see a named character bite the dust. That's a sign that a mecha anime is starting to take its battles seriously.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2013-05-17 at 00:14.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 00:07   Link #2533
Bombo
TSF Fans

Song for saki in battle so awesome <3
Seriously I love saki's aggressive ! <3
I LOVE HER !! But she have sorrow past = \ .
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 00:19   Link #2534
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Saki also did something that Haruto didn't do with in his Harakiri state: Destroy an elite mech.

X-Eins plan and his girlish scream was hot garbage. He deserved that. He's no Lelouch. lol
Old 2013-05-17, 00:20   Link #2535
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

improved version

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post

Old 2013-05-17, 00:21   Link #2536
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Picked up this anime yesterday, and I actually like it. Then again I'm a sucker for the whole Body Surfing -Alien Space Bat Zombie thing.

It's over the top, and doesn't take itself seriously so it's pretty watchable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
This anime is going to produce so many good doujins
Hohoho. "Insertion complete" indeed. :3

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 00:22   Link #2537
EroKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
A few things I found intriguing:

1. Saki did quite the job winning over Takahi for Haruto, lol. Saki as a guy is simply James Bond-level smooth, lol. It's kind of fun how Saki is able to fluster both guys (Haruto) and girls (Takahi).
Just goes to show how much difference the personality of a person makes and damn Saki just might be better at seducing girls than guys
I hope there are more of such yuri antics in the future episodes with Saki body swapping with other people Would be a such a waste if they completely make her tame from next episode onwards.
Some comedy mixed in with drama will hopefully keep this series going strong till the end
Old 2013-05-17, 00:24   Link #2538
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Hey, at least you got something very visually similar to Gundam Seed (i.e. a big, imposing mecha against the backdrop of a full moon ). Your expectations are finally being met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Just goes to show how much difference the personality of a person makes and damn Saki just might be better at seducing girls than guys
I hope there are more of such yuri antics in the future episodes with Saki body swapping with other people Would be a such a waste if they completely make her tame from next episode onwards.
Some comedy mixed in with drama will hopefully keep this series going strong till the end
That definitely would be cool. She should body-switch with the blonde guy some time. Her personality in his body could create a "dreamy" guy that sweeps a different girl off her feet, lol.
Old 2013-05-17, 00:26   Link #2539
Pen3

Wow! Takahi definitely fell hard for Haruto. Thanks for raising her flags Saki you are the best lol.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 00:26   Link #2540
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
She wants to build up a female harem of her own. lol

I think after their little slapping contest, Takahi is "m" for Saki.

Takahi was looking for her before getting seduced by Haruto/Saki and then there's that zoom of Shouko at the end.

If Haruto acted like body-swap Saki, he would have been my favorite character over L-Elf.

Tags
action, body swapping, fukujun, love polygon, mecha, sci-fi, space, space idol, vampire