AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-04-07, 17:47   Link #21
Ghostfriendly

Agree that a character intro ep 0 was a good idea. They didn't have to repeat the end of ep 0 at the beginning of ep 1, but working out the cube's hardness was alright. Ep 1 may very well set the tone the series in a sense, with the Japanese establishment seeking a way to deal with problems completely outside their experience.

Was the young civil servant absorbed by the cube, so Yaha-kui could use his body? Won't miss him, he seemed more like a human puppy than a top bureaucrat. I think the scientist girl was rather cute myself.

Spoiler for Ep 0 story:
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-08, 03:40   Link #22
Alf

Episode 1 reminds me about Shin Gozilla. Unknown cube landed, human trying things and officials having meeting, and finally that scientist girl called out "God". But rather than go around destroying things, this cube just sit there and let people investigate until it's confirmed firearms don't work, then a representative appears. Rather than fighting, we got negotiation.
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-08, 05:16   Link #23
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly View Post
Was the young civil servant absorbed by the cube, so Yaha-kui could use his body?
You mean Hanamori, Shindou's sidekick? He's in the ending and the next episode preview, so he's probably all right.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-08, 12:35   Link #24
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

So am I the only one who'd kinda rather see the series about the young genius negotiator and his asshat pal traveling post-boom Japan trying to make a difference?
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-08, 16:08   Link #25
LKK

The only one? Probably not. But at the moment, I'm in it for the alien.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-08, 16:26   Link #26
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
The only one? Probably not. But at the moment, I'm in it for the alien.
Yeah, I would watch that, too... but personally, right now I'm in it to see whether the show is going to be actually intelligent or pretentious garbage (or something in the middle, I guess). I'm hoping for the former, though, for the sake of my own enjoyment... but also for the show's sake. The more I read about the show the more likeable it comes across, so I'm hoping for it being a success.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-08, 18:51   Link #27
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

One of my favorite premieres of the season, tbh. And I wasn't expecting it to be. It's just that the tone and the mystery of it all hit it off fairly well with me. Very curious about our alien person.
Old 2017-04-08, 19:20   Link #28
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Colour me interested! It's a good start and I hope the rest of the series sustains this momentum with a good plot. Looks like the next episode shows us what was happening with the passengers during the first episode.

Quote:
But at the moment, I'm in it for the alien.

But looking at the preview...did that alien just got born as a little kid then grew into that adult form in that short of a time?

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-08, 19:24   Link #29
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Colour me interested! It's a good start and I hope the rest of the series sustains this momentum with a good plot. Looks like the next episode shows us what was happening with the passengers during the first episode.

But looking at the preview...did that alien just got born as a little kid then grew into that adult form in that short of a time?
Judging from the preview, while the government was getting its bearings, the alien was experimenting trying to establish a proper form with which to communicate. Shindo probably helped.
Old 2017-04-08, 21:32   Link #30
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
The eccentric genius character. Although I would prefer a different eccentricity. Please.
I liked the parts where she was geeking out over the drones and speculating that the cube might be God. It was only when she was interacting with the government ministers that she got on my nerves.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-08, 22:35   Link #31
Requiem-x
The slacking one

So far, this seems the most promising along with Bahamut s2. Even if one feels like anime hits you right in the face during the middle of it because of a certain someone, the show still has a good atmosphere around it, with the somewhat realistic approach to this insane thing that just happened, so it definetly has potential.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-08, 23:27   Link #32
DemonneoPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
So far, this seems the most promising along with Bahamut s2. Even if one feels like anime hits you right in the face during the middle of it because of a certain someone, the show still has a good atmosphere around it, with the somewhat realistic approach to this insane thing that just happened, so it definetly has potential.
That's what i always expect from a sci-fi show. Too bad the scientist girl acting so "cartoonish" in a genre that demands more serious and believable characters but anyway, that does not derail me from being excited with this title tho. I was waiting for a sci-fi anime since Knighs of Sidonia and Ajin and one can only hope the story can actually deliver after such interesting first episodes. Even the CGI is done in a decent and watchable way unlike the new poorly done Berserk anime. Was not expecting that from Toei given their performance with certain famous shonen titles..lol
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-09, 00:29   Link #33
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
That's what i always expect from a sci-fi show. Too bad the scientist girl acting so "cartoonish" in a genre that demands more serious and believable characters but anyway, that does not derail me from being excited with this title tho. I was waiting for a sci-fi anime since Knighs of Sidonia and Ajin and one can only hope the story can actually deliver after such interesting first episodes. Even the CGI is done in a decent and watchable way unlike the new poorly done Berserk anime. Was not expecting that from Toei given their performance with certain famous shonen titles..lol
Second the CGI being surprisingly good, wish this was the standard, and who knows, maybe given the level of inasnity of this event, having a character with outhere ideas will be a benefit.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-09, 01:08   Link #34
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Ep 00

Just finished this and ... I am surprised. Taken by itself I thought it was quite interesting on the whole. Did not expect the giganticized cube and such at all.

Will try the next episode and perhaps the episode after that - a good start and a nice surprise.

Edit:

Ep 01

Annddd ... that episode was interesting as well. Hmm. I am not quite sure if I will commit to following it, but I definitely am ... intrigued here. I guess I could see it going in directions that might not be my sort of thing, but for now I am ... curious.

Last edited by Flower; 2017-04-09 at 01:34.
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-09, 01:11   Link #35
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Really enjoyed episodes 0 and 1. Outside of the eccentric female scientist, everyone more or less behaved in a realistic manner befitting their station. So, I like the tone and mood thus far.
Old 2017-04-09, 02:35   Link #36
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Where the hell did this come from? Slightly tasteful 3DCGI? Mundane bureaucracy suddenly switching into sci-fi? Produced by Toei of all studios!? How intriguing.
Old 2017-04-13, 05:15   Link #37
chi4ko
Astronaut

My hope for the series is that it doesn't become a one-man show, with Shindou hogging the screentime and eliciting jaw-dropping reactions in third parties.

To me, Shindou seems like such a flawless character it's unbearable. Give the man some handicap, he doesn't even appear human at this point in the story.
Old 2017-04-13, 08:12   Link #38
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi4ko View Post
My hope for the series is that it doesn't become a one-man show, with Shindou hogging the screentime and eliciting jaw-dropping reactions in third parties.

To me, Shindou seems like such a flawless character it's unbearable. Give the man some handicap, he doesn't even appear human at this point in the story.
Flawless? He's an adult who's competent at his job. He's perfectly human.
Old 2017-04-13, 10:10   Link #39
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
So am I the only one who'd kinda rather see the series about the young genius negotiator and his asshat pal traveling post-boom Japan trying to make a difference?
That series sounds good, but without giant aliens it should probably be live action.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-13, 17:36   Link #40
bakato

No episode this week?

Tags
3dcg, sci-fi