AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-04, 22:54   Link #321
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
They should animate Macross the First for the anniversary.
You've seen that story as a TV show...you've seen it as a movie...you're seeing it as a manga now...why tell it a fourth time?
Old 2011-10-05, 13:45   Link #322
Lancel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
You've seen that story as a TV show...you've seen it as a movie...you're seeing it as a manga now...why tell it a fourth time?
We're just waiting for the live action version to complete the inevitable cycle.
Lancel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 14:00   Link #323
triangler_fans1
MAMEGU fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancel View Post
We're just waiting for the live action version to complete the inevitable cycle.
What? Japanese live action? or American live action?

triangler_fans1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 14:01   Link #324
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Well, IF that happens I sure hope that they will stay closer to the story than the producers of the Space Cruiser Yamato film did.

And redoing SDFM? I'm game for that for the reason of it looking just as (or even better) than MF.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 14:03   Link #325
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Well, IF that happens I sure hope that they will stay closer to the story than the producers of the Space Cruiser Yamato film did.
TBH, Yamato was actually quite entertaining. It could always be worse, like you know, Dragon Ball Evolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
And redoing SDFM? I'm game for that for the reason of it looking just as (or even better) than MF.
I am game for a DYRL-remake, just for better graphics and more intense battle-scenes. Macross was made for CGI!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 14:10   Link #326
Lancel

Quote:
Originally Posted by triangler_fans1 View Post
What? Japanese live action? or American live action?

Who knows, but I figure it'll happen one day. If it's American it will probably have stupidly awesome CGI but suck ultimately, mostly because they'll call it Robotech and gut half the story to make room for more CGI. If it's Japanese, dunno, probably depends on how much you liked Space Battleship Yamato (I personally did like it, but I haven't seen the original admittedly). But now this theory is starting to look like an epileptic tree which can only end with SDF-2 appearing in prehistoric times to save Earth from destruction by the descendants of the dinosaurs.

I just hope whichever way it goes they stick to the story and just build upon it. It's great as it is.

Also, please do not make Focker a girl.
Old 2011-10-05, 14:15   Link #327
Tak

Quote:
Who knows, but I figure it'll happen one day. If it's American it will probably have stupidly awesome CGI but suck ultimately, mostly because they'll call it Robotech and gut half the story to make room for more CGI. If it's Japanese, dunno, probably depends on how much you liked Space Battleship Yamato (I personally did like it, but I haven't seen the original admittedly). But now this theory is starting to look like an epileptic tree which can only end with SDF-2 appearing in prehistoric times to save Earth from destruction by the descendants of the dinosaurs.
An American movie would be pretty predictable in that we will have...

Focker as main character, or Rick Hunter. Hikaru can kiss his arse goodbye, as well as any notable characters with a Japanese name.

Awesomeness of song would be reduced to a side show.

90% focus on CGI-battles, with story rendered to nothing more than an excuse to bring upon said CGI-battles.

Michael Bay is probably going to direct it.

Critics are probably going to hate it.

Box office success.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2011-10-05, 14:21   Link #328
Lancel

I would say something about how Hollywood shouldn't do this, but then I remembered I was planning on going to see Battleship just because the concept looked so brain-smackingly ridiculous. Also Battleships.

These days it feels like people only go to the theater to see CGI spectacles. If it doesn't have eye candy like that, they'll wait to get it on DVD, and no one cares about DVD sales.
Old 2011-10-05, 14:36   Link #329
magnuskn

Quote:
Because giant robots in real-life animation look amazing. Well, unless you make the transformations into innumerable parts going "whirrrr-bzzzzz" and the plot is inane, if you catch my drift. But anyway, real life animation FTW!

Man, am I wanting a well-made BattleTech movie.... ^^

Quote:
I would say something about how Hollywood shouldn't do this, but then I remembered I was planning on going to see Battleship just because the concept looked so brain-smackingly ridiculous. Also Battleships.

These days it feels like people only go to the theater to see CGI spectacles. If it doesn't have eye candy like that, they'll wait to get it on DVD, and no one cares about DVD sales.
I know, right? But on the other hand, giant battleships pounding the crap out of each other. <sigh> I am so easy...
Old 2011-10-06, 08:26   Link #330
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
TBH, Yamato was actually quite entertaining. It could always be worse, like you know, Dragon Ball Evolution.
I really liked the Yamato movie. Of course, I waited until it was out on DVD and rented it, rather than seeing it in the theater...

Quote:
I am game for a DYRL-remake, just for better graphics and more intense battle-scenes. Macross was made for CGI!

- Tak
Again, DYRL is perfect. No need to recut an already-flawless diamond, is there?
Old 2011-10-06, 11:00   Link #331
Tak

Quote:
Again, DYRL is perfect. No need to recut an already-flawless diamond, is there?
An artist looks at the said diamond, and thinks to himself: Hmm, I should give it a good sketch!

A scientist looks at the said diamond, and thinks to himself: Hmm, what can we do to replicate its perfection?

An engineer looks at the said diamond, and thinks to himself: Hmm, it could use additional-features!

- Tak

Old 2011-10-06, 11:54   Link #332
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
An artist looks at the said diamond, and thinks to himself: Hmm, I should give it a good sketch!

A scientist looks at the said diamond, and thinks to himself: Hmm, what can we do to replicate its perfection?

An engineer looks at the said diamond, and thinks to himself: Hmm, it could use additional-features!

- Tak
Meanwhile, the person with common sense simply marvels at its beauty, and is content.
Old 2011-10-06, 12:05   Link #333
Tak

Quote:
Meanwhile, the person with common sense simply marvels at its beauty, and is content.
Or until the said individual is offered 200 million dollars to render it into live-action.

- Tak

Old 2011-10-06, 12:36   Link #334
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Or until the said individual is offered 200 million dollars to render it into live-action.

- Tak
Okay, you win.
Old 2011-10-07, 11:30   Link #335
Lancel

Quote:
Okay, you win.
Once again, money is victorious.
Old 2011-10-07, 12:34   Link #336
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Nobody can trump cold hard cash.
Old 2011-10-07, 13:38   Link #337
Lancel

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
Nobody can trump cold hard cash.
An important life lesson as taught by Sheryl.

"Damn shame about Galaxy, but I guess with that government mandate there's nothing we can do for them."
"I'll pay you a hundred million credits to go save them."
"SET A COURSE FOR THE GALAXY FLEET AND SCRAMBLE ALL VALKYRIES!"
Old 2011-10-10, 15:55   Link #338
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Call me purist, but I'm not thrilled with the idea of any SDF Macross remake. The original is probably the best we could ever get. Sure, the plot can get cheesy, and the animation is honestly terrible on average, but it told its story extremely well, and that is what makes it stand out today. Not to mention a TV remake would probably be squeezed into 25 episodes with most of the epilogue cut out. And they'd probably try to retcon the Zentradi to look hideous again like they did with DYRL.

We already have DYRL and Macross the First, we don't need any more retellings of a story that was so well-done to begin with. There are other anime out there that could use remakes far more than SDF Macross.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 16:32   Link #339
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
We already have DYRL and Macross the First, we don't need any more retellings of a story that was so well-done to begin with. There are other anime out there that could use remakes far more than SDF Macross.
I am in basic agreement with you. I do not believe we need a complete retelling of the story either. Perhaps the word remake is not the right word to use. Rather, I am looking for an update.

The Gundam Zeta movies went through an extensive update. The end result was not perfect, as it was not a complete update but a mixture of new and old. Nonetheless, it pleased the eye.

- Tak

Old 2011-10-10, 19:43   Link #340
wisteria233

Quote:
I am in basic agreement with you. I do not believe we need a complete retelling of the story either. Perhaps the word remake is not the right word to use. Rather, I am looking for an update.

The Gundam Zeta movies went through an extensive update. The end result was not perfect, as it was not a complete update but a mixture of new and old. Nonetheless, it pleased the eye.

- Tak
Off topic:
Welcome back

On topic:

The only way I'd support a re-make of SDF is if it meant that the franchise was saved for overseas release.
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, mecha, romance